kanye west appreciation vol. yea the beat cold but the flow is anemic

son is to real on the lyrical scene. i firly believe thaqt late registration was his peak cuae it had a more personal feeling in it .

top 5 kanye song/appearances on a track
1. diamonds are forever
2.touch the sky
3.jesus walks
4.selfish w/slum village verse
5.where you boost mobile commericial his verse

Son is mad clever and has a unique flow. He's def in my top 5. Not really feelin some of his latest work tho.

Since I know these are gonna start sooner or later let me be the first to say CD>>>LR>G.

kanye's beats are always fire.
but he is overlooked as a lyricist.
at times he talks about nothing that relates to anythnig at all, and other times he comes up with some deep/ real lines.
APPRECIATED.

Appreciated, but I think he gets way to much credit here in NT...don't get me wrong I love Kanye's music but he isn't the greatest...

this should be the kanye before he graduated appreciation post.

CD = Classic
LR = Classic

imo.

Originally Posted by killerofthedevil

5.where you boost mobile commericial his verse
Yeah Kanye did have a hot verse, but i wouldn't count this verse b/c The Game killed everybody on it!
pimp.gif

yea he is real clever with the lyrics sometimes and that's what i like about him

His verse on Never Let Me Down was nice, but Jay-Z's was superior, so it gets overlooked. Grammy Family, Selfish, Spaceship, all my favorite Kanye verses.I would rather see him focus more on his beats though.

gotten worse as a rapper over the year....his song making ability is where its at...one of my favorite artists since I first heard Through The Wire

yeah i remember the first time i heard Through the Wire,
eek.gif
that song changed my life, thats when i REALLY got into hip hop, kanye is that dude
pimp.gif
waslistening to CD and LR on my way back from my property today and was thinking about how great kanyes albums are

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

Alright at best for me.
thats cause you think people like hurricane chris and soulja boy are poppin
laugh.gif

Ye' is definately one of the top 5 MC's

Get By remix has to be on everyones top 5 kanye list.
"If music gets you choked up this is the tree and the rope"
pimp.gif

Lord willin' I ain't killed nobody
But I have a feelin' this album
"That I'm gonna make a killin'
Or not a shillin'
This is love it or hate it music
But, at least we made it music
And we didn't make it industry
This is gon' be interesting
This'll be the end of me or I'm finna be an entity
Kanye, Jay-Z, Mos Def, and Kweli
We are not makin' songs no more
We're makin' history"
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He's very creative at some times but sometimes i just think What the !!+$ did he really just say that?

He does his thing on features though...Back Like That, Buy U A Drank, Down...

Originally Posted by duckie44

yeah i remember the first time i heard Through the Wire,
eek.gif
that song changed my life, thats when i REALLY got into hip hop, kanye is that dude
pimp.gif
was listening to CD and LR on my way back from my property today and was thinking about how great kanyes albums are

Yup, I totally agree. I was mad hyped when I saw the cheap little video that aired on Rap City. I was a fan of his beats even before I knew who he was. And those mixtapes prior to College Dropout were super official.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom