Kanye West...BEFORE he got weird APPRECIATION THREAD

Appreciated.

College Dropout (
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
) still gets play in the car, the iPod, etc. The same is true for LateRegistration. Graduation is good as well. Honestly though, I think I would like 808's if dude didn't use autotune. I know Kanye isn't the bestsinger and can't hold a lot of notes but whatever... I thought it would've sounded better.

I could care less how dude dresses, if he likes to date blonde/bald women who like other women, or whoever he rolls with. Give me the quality music andit's all good.

Originally Posted by MiYaBaLlEr24

He lost his sanity after his mom passed.

yea that jacked him up no doubt

Drunken Cow Last Call was serious...................I use to have that joint on repeat 12 mins an all. The story at the end was motivational to me at the time

Peace is my **%

Freshman Adjustments 1 and 2 were better than most albums.

i think he's back though

I was bumping LAte Registration tday...and i'm convined that he's one of the most genius musicians of this era.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Peace is my **%

Freshman Adjustments 1 and 2 were better than most albums.

i think he's back though

I was bumping LAte Registration tday...and i'm convined that he's one of the most genius musicians of this era.
People on here had the nerve to say that that Beanie Siegel album was better than this.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

did i read where someone said he's never made a wack song??? drunk and hot girls was pure trash..

where can i get freshman adjustment 1 and 2?

i remember this song being played everytime i popped in 2k3? 2k4? because that was the only track i uploaded to the xbox then.
pimp.gif

I bumped Late Registration during my long drive back to Houston for the break; very appreciated
pimp.gif

say what you want...but yes. EVERY album he has made is a classic, and this will not be realized until 'Ye passes ...he is THE greatest hip-hop artistaround and after a couple albums will be on the same level as guys like Thom Yorke, Eddie Vedder, guys who are THE geniuses of our time...

Kanye IMO has reached his goal, when you talk about him, you don't compare him to other hip-hop artists, you compare him to artists in general.

College Dropout/Blueprint spurred the soul sampling craze...

Late Registration started a rock trend...

Graduation sparked the electro trend...

and like it or not, 808s made it OK for guys like Kid Cudi and Drake to exist...

All the hate now is pointless, this guy is our Michael Jackson, our Prince, and sadly it might not be realized for another 20 years...

PS - this guy has 4 albums and a few mixtapes and you come up with what? 7 bad songs? not even BAD, just not up to his standards? i'd say that'salright...

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

say what you want...but yes. EVERY album he has made is a classic, and this will not be realized until 'Ye passes ...he is THE greatest hip-hop artist around and after a couple albums will be on the same level as guys like Thom Yorke, Eddie Vedder, guys who are THE geniuses of our time...

Kanye IMO has reached his goal, when you talk about him, you don't compare him to other hip-hop artists, you compare him to artists in general.

and like it or not, 808s made it OK for guys like Kid Cudi and Drake to exist...

All the hate now is pointless, this guy is our Michael Jackson, our Prince, and sadly it might not be realized for another 20 years...

PS - this guy has 4 albums and a few mixtapes and you come up with what? 7 bad songs? not even BAD, just not up to his standards? i'd say that's alright...

pimp.gif
I'm glad somebody gets it

say what you want...but yes. EVERY album he has made is a classic, and this will not be realized until 'Ye passes ...he is THE greatest hip-hop artist around and after a couple albums will be on the same level as guys like Thom Yorke, Eddie Vedder, guys who are THE geniuses of our time...

PS - this guy has 4 albums and a few mixtapes and you come up with what? 7 bad songs? not even BAD, just not up to his standards? i'd say that's alright...
Co-sign to the fullest.
this man speaks the truth.
pimp.gif

Kanye is not only a great musician, but a true artist. i guess the youth consider being artistic 'gay' or 'weird'...whatever, i think its dopeas hell.
The guy expresses himself however he wants to and doesnt care what you or i think...thats the most respectable thing any man can do...do what he likes, bepassionate about it, and be great at it.

who cares if 4 pages worth of NT members think hes weird... 4 million others enjoy it.

IDC wat anybody has to say about dis man. dude is da G.O.A.T. IMO i mean name one person dat get on sumbody else track and kill it and then make a track forhimself and kill it. . . . . . and for n e body dat loves lil wayne he kills weezy on n e track they share

QFT
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This "before he got weird'' and ''too bad his mom died" stuff is foolishness. This man has been making great
music from the outset and continues to do so right now. He was always considered weird (dude was wore
a mascot costume on his album cover and was wearing tight Polo rugby's during the throwback craze) by many
but he has always consistently made great music. He is an icon and in 20 years when we look back on his
career people will realize the impact that he had on hip hop and pop culture in general. Four great albums
in a row is uncanny for any artist in any genre of music and somehow he managed to pull off that feat. Jay
said it best when he called Ye a "genius"..

Back
Top Bottom