Kanye West disses fan in freestyle mode for throwing a penny at him.

Originally Posted by aaronj

i like 808's and heartbreak, matter-fact im listening to amazing right now.

laugh.gif
I'm listening to Paranoid.

Pero Kanye is a very unstable person now, at least that's the way it seems.

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Originally Posted by suprafly36

Kayne is fell off hard right along with Common
the new common album is tough kid your buggin
Punch Drunk Love cancels out his opinion and anyone who agrees with him.

Kanye has always done things his own way, the way he wants. All of the older Kanye music and beats were on the forefront of mainstreaming a different,soulful sound into hip-hop. He opened the ears of many and has changed the overall landscape of hip-hop. Before Kanye there were very few rappers usingsoulful, melodic tracks, nor were there many rappers rocking anything but oversized tees,baggy jeans, hoodies, etc. Though many dislike Kanye's swag, Ipersonally appreciate what he brings to hip-hop and the visual perception of rappers. I was a bit weary when I heard his new album was all singing andautotunes, but I appreciate the creativity, the musicality and balls to make the music that he wants rather than bow to the music labels suits. Just rememberthat just because it's not what you are used to hearing, it doesn't mean it's not good music. I'd rather listen to Kanye than a lot of theother garbage out.

lost his moms and next thing you know he lost his damn mind...btw his new album is garbage...rappers should stick to RAPPING

Originally Posted by retepelnart

Am I the only one who actually likes the album?
I like it too
embarassed.gif

From the way people were talking about it, I was expecting something much more worse.

I'd rather listen to Kanye than a lot of the other garbage out.

Do you live in a land where you only have access to an FM radio? Kanye has done the same thing as all the other producers out there, he brought his sound(which was just your basic backpacking) to the mainstream because thats what was the people wanted.

His new album is not the sound he was marketed by and its not the sound that built who he is today. He can try to be someone else but no one is going toappreciate it. Now, if he released this as a side project under a different name/group it would be perfect. TOO BAD.

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

Do you live in a land where you only have access to an FM radio? Kanye has done the same thing as all the other producers out there, he brought his sound (which was just your basic backpacking) to the mainstream because thats what was the people wanted.

His new album is not the sound he was marketed by and its not the sound that built who he is today. He can try to be someone else but no one is going to appreciate it. Now, if he released this as a side project under a different name/group it would be perfect. TOO BAD.
It would still be Kanye's music though, so that logic is flawed.

808s is a dope album, I think that it gets so much flack based on the fact that it's not the Kanye everyone is used to.

Dude's character is way off from how he seemed he was during the Blueprint days.. Don't get me wrong, his ego's always been up there but nowit's on another level. I understand he wants to expand and be recognized as an "Artist" and not just a "Rapper/Producer".. but hisattitude as of late is straight garbage.

As for 808's.. it has a good overall sound but I honestly cannot listen to the autotune .. Give me a regular version with him singing off-key and whateverand he'll have my $9.99 the day it drops at Target.

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

Do you live in a land where you only have access to an FM radio? Kanye has done the same thing as all the other producers out there, he brought his sound (which was just your basic backpacking) to the mainstream because thats what was the people wanted.

His new album is not the sound he was marketed by and its not the sound that built who he is today. He can try to be someone else but no one is going to appreciate it. Now, if he released this as a side project under a different name/group it would be perfect. TOO BAD.

To answer your question, no, I rarely listen to radio. Kanye is not doing the same thing as all the other producers out there. True indeed, there are otherproducers out there with similar sounds, but what seperates him from the others is that he made it mainstream and made it what the people wanted. If itwas what the people wanted prior to Kanye, why did performers such as Little Brother, Talib, Common, Lupe, Murs, Dead Prez, etc. tend to struggle to achieveplatinum status. Even with the success of Kanye, the masses still tend to sway towards the garbage rather than towards more soulful, conscientious hip-hop ormusic that is not in-line with the norm.

Kanye needs to switch gears and get back to being College Dropout Kanye. If I wanted to listen to someone singing, I'd listen to an actual singer. NotKanye, who really can't sing, trying to with a robot voice.

Originally Posted by FungusFoot85

Eat ishhh and die lol he can make them chant anything .... this guy

and that means what? You got the illest rapper of all time in yur avy niff said!!!

Back
Top Bottom