<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

StaXX wrote:
First time I've ever ever heard someone say The Black Album was mediocre.
Different strokes for different folks I suppose. 
Some of you guys need to relax though.
Seriously haha. It's true, rap fans are too fickle

StaXX wrote:
First time I've ever ever heard someone say The Black Album was mediocre.
Different strokes for different folks I suppose. 
Some of you guys need to relax though.
Seriously haha. It's true, rap fans are too fickle

TBA & AG are both top 5 Jay albums for me... BP3 wasn't as bad as people make it out to be (atleast imo) It still gets play from me all the time.

TBA & AG are both top 5 Jay albums for me... BP3 wasn't as bad as people make it out to be (atleast imo) It still gets play from me all the time.

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

American Gangster and Black Album were mediocre, yes. Black Album being the better of the two. If it's really four hours of their best stuff though, I could see the show being incredible. Sorry for derailing the thread from the unconscious slurpage of anything Roc affiliated.
This really can't be Russ, someone stole his avatar.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

American Gangster and Black Album were mediocre, yes. Black Album being the better of the two. If it's really four hours of their best stuff though, I could see the show being incredible. Sorry for derailing the thread from the unconscious slurpage of anything Roc affiliated.
This really can't be Russ, someone stole his avatar.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Of course BP3 wasn't bad (and IMO it's a banger). It's Jay's most successful commercial album since retirement and he once again broadened his fanbase in the mainstream. AG got love from the blogs and "lyrical" nerdy hip-hoppers but it was a bit underwhelming from the commercial standpoint.

"I dumb down for my audience, and double my dollars/they criticize me for it yet they all yell "holla""

"You call this a lame flow, you BOUGHT the %@$"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Of course BP3 wasn't bad (and IMO it's a banger). It's Jay's most successful commercial album since retirement and he once again broadened his fanbase in the mainstream. AG got love from the blogs and "lyrical" nerdy hip-hoppers but it was a bit underwhelming from the commercial standpoint.

"I dumb down for my audience, and double my dollars/they criticize me for it yet they all yell "holla""

"You call this a lame flow, you BOUGHT the %@$"
laugh.gif

All this talk of Jay I'd rather have this album be more of Kanye's style with Jay just spitting on it.

All this talk of Jay I'd rather have this album be more of Kanye's style with Jay just spitting on it.

If all these rumors are true about the show, it should be really good. I was figuring it was just going to be a run through of the new album which I don't have high hopes for after HAM came out, and then a couple other songs they collaborated on thrown in here and there. I like a lot of Jay songs, but there's a lot of them that I think he could have done without, too. I consider BP1 his last great album. After that, I usually only cared for a few songs from each project he put out.

If all these rumors are true about the show, it should be really good. I was figuring it was just going to be a run through of the new album which I don't have high hopes for after HAM came out, and then a couple other songs they collaborated on thrown in here and there. I like a lot of Jay songs, but there's a lot of them that I think he could have done without, too. I consider BP1 his last great album. After that, I usually only cared for a few songs from each project he put out.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Jay-Z doesn't care about those people one bit. Not to say that those people aren't right in their stance, but dude only speaks in dollars.
laugh.gif

TBA and AG mediocre?!
eek.gif
eek.gif
BP3 was pretty bad, but those two albums are great albums. Realrubirosa, if you are expecting anything from Jay that isn't a hit single, you'll be going to the wrong concert. Yes, he does 'U Don't Know', but that has a cult following. Everything he does is old singles and current music, so don't waste your money if you're not going to get what you want. Both of them are going to tour again, within the next two or three years, and for a cheaper price, so you should just wait ...

At the home and home series he did a lot of songs that weren't "hit" singles. I was pretty surprised. When he did his verse from Guess whos back I just about lost it. Jay had a mix of people who only knew hits and songs only true fans would know.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Jay-Z doesn't care about those people one bit. Not to say that those people aren't right in their stance, but dude only speaks in dollars.
laugh.gif

TBA and AG mediocre?!
eek.gif
eek.gif
BP3 was pretty bad, but those two albums are great albums. Realrubirosa, if you are expecting anything from Jay that isn't a hit single, you'll be going to the wrong concert. Yes, he does 'U Don't Know', but that has a cult following. Everything he does is old singles and current music, so don't waste your money if you're not going to get what you want. Both of them are going to tour again, within the next two or three years, and for a cheaper price, so you should just wait ...

At the home and home series he did a lot of songs that weren't "hit" singles. I was pretty surprised. When he did his verse from Guess whos back I just about lost it. Jay had a mix of people who only knew hits and songs only true fans would know.

the black album bein called medicore might be one of the wildest comments i ever seen in the music forum 
laugh.gif

i literally just googled the track list just to make sure im not crazy for thinkin youre crazy.

i knew they were gonna pull a stunt, i didnt even bother checkin for tickets today.

how the hell you gonna leave off NY and CT, something seemed fishy from the get go. 

the black album bein called medicore might be one of the wildest comments i ever seen in the music forum 
laugh.gif

i literally just googled the track list just to make sure im not crazy for thinkin youre crazy.

i knew they were gonna pull a stunt, i didnt even bother checkin for tickets today.

how the hell you gonna leave off NY and CT, something seemed fishy from the get go. 

Back
Top Bottom