<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

^
275 after fees for 1 floor ticket here, paid 550 for my pair.
Blueprint 3 tour the same seats ran 115 a pop. All of Kanye West festival stops this year were cheap tickets. festival prices, but still cheap for arguably the best performance(s) by any artist this year.

When this tour was first announced along with the prices, people were shocked. But with that pricetag everyone expected an amazing show, from peoples reactions this is not what was expected, and nowhere near past tours or performances. Hopefully it improves as the tour moves along.

quality was a little disappointing
quantity very disappointing.

I agree with you guys, for 500$ for two floor seats I expect more then a 2.5 hour show with no guests and no opener
ohwell.gif

I agree with you guys, for 500$ for two floor seats I expect more then a 2.5 hour show with no guests and no opener
ohwell.gif

“I mean, Kanye’s a genius—I love the dude—but Watch The Throne should have been Nas and Jay. *@$%!% would still be talking about that even if the album was wack. I’m not taking #$%+ away from ‘Ye. Kanye and RZA should go in maybe. Maybe Kanye and Dr. Dre . But as far as emcees, Nas and Jay.
-Method Man via Complex

“I mean, Kanye’s a genius—I love the dude—but Watch The Throne should have been Nas and Jay. *@$%!% would still be talking about that even if the album was wack. I’m not taking #$%+ away from ‘Ye. Kanye and RZA should go in maybe. Maybe Kanye and Dr. Dre . But as far as emcees, Nas and Jay.
-Method Man via Complex

Then don't pay the "$500," simple. So far from the first night footage, the tour delivered. As someone pointed out, they pretty much performed the whole WTT album. Anyone that has any history of a Jay-Z concert knows he won't perform certain records. He's either past that or he saves them for big stops like a NY, LA, Chicago, or where it fits in. Only at rap shows do I see constant asking about openers and what guests are coming out. If you're paying money expecting that in locations outside of those markets I named then you're a fool.

This is not the "Jay-Z & Friends" concert from 2004, and that only happened since R. Kelly @%+$%* up. My only complaint would be leading up to last night they made it seem like the show would run AT LEAST 3 hours.

Then don't pay the "$500," simple. So far from the first night footage, the tour delivered. As someone pointed out, they pretty much performed the whole WTT album. Anyone that has any history of a Jay-Z concert knows he won't perform certain records. He's either past that or he saves them for big stops like a NY, LA, Chicago, or where it fits in. Only at rap shows do I see constant asking about openers and what guests are coming out. If you're paying money expecting that in locations outside of those markets I named then you're a fool.

This is not the "Jay-Z & Friends" concert from 2004, and that only happened since R. Kelly @%+$%* up. My only complaint would be leading up to last night they made it seem like the show would run AT LEAST 3 hours.

What makes a great show is to surprise the audience and give them more then expected... hence special guest. Usually local rappers from ATL get on stage and do a performance with the artist. I knew for sure TI was going to do his freestyle to N in Paris but he didn't. I thought Jeezy would get on stage but he didn't.

Maybe they will get on stage tonight

What makes a great show is to surprise the audience and give them more then expected... hence special guest. Usually local rappers from ATL get on stage and do a performance with the artist. I knew for sure TI was going to do his freestyle to N in Paris but he didn't. I thought Jeezy would get on stage but he didn't.

Maybe they will get on stage tonight

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

You're right about the Jay-Z & Friends mindset. As you stated previously, we have come to expect guests and realistically, you can't do that at every stop. I think last night, with it being opening night, people expected that.

I have no problem paying a premium price for the tickets without guests, but other factors, may make me think "$500 for this, really??". Jay is past doing Takeover, Can't Knock The Hustle, Dead Presidents, Money, Cash, #!*!, Girls, Girls, Girls, Give It To Me, etc, but damn, dude couldn't hit us with What More Can I Say, Allure, Lucifer, Already Home, or Ignorant ##%$? He'll never do it, but if this dude did Party Life, I'd cut a rug in some Stacy Adams.
laugh.gif

Kanye can't give us Devil in a New Dress, Dark Twisted Fantasy, All of the Lights? Especially considering he could trade one of those in for that over-autotuned ending he puts on Runaway and sometimes Heartless ...

If this was 2003 I'd understand that. But now? It's like people are entitled to it which is sad. These two artists together on one stage need no help. When these guys do their individual live shows at festivals like Coachella none of that comes up, only for these arena shows.

A rap show in 2012 = guests and 20,000 poor camera's.

You're right about the Jay-Z & Friends mindset. As you stated previously, we have come to expect guests and realistically, you can't do that at every stop. I think last night, with it being opening night, people expected that.

I have no problem paying a premium price for the tickets without guests, but other factors, may make me think "$500 for this, really??". Jay is past doing Takeover, Can't Knock The Hustle, Dead Presidents, Money, Cash, #!*!, Girls, Girls, Girls, Give It To Me, etc, but damn, dude couldn't hit us with What More Can I Say, Allure, Lucifer, Already Home, or Ignorant ##%$? He'll never do it, but if this dude did Party Life, I'd cut a rug in some Stacy Adams.
laugh.gif

Kanye can't give us Devil in a New Dress, Dark Twisted Fantasy, All of the Lights? Especially considering he could trade one of those in for that over-autotuned ending he puts on Runaway and sometimes Heartless ...

If this was 2003 I'd understand that. But now? It's like people are entitled to it which is sad. These two artists together on one stage need no help. When these guys do their individual live shows at festivals like Coachella none of that comes up, only for these arena shows.

A rap show in 2012 = guests and 20,000 poor camera's.

No guests don't make a show great. Would last night really have been better with a 90 second tip verse on an unofficial remix. Like really? It's a WTT tour. Get ready to see your favorite tracks from WTT reworked live. Everything else is the bonus.

No guests don't make a show great. Would last night really have been better with a 90 second tip verse on an unofficial remix. Like really? It's a WTT tour. Get ready to see your favorite tracks from WTT reworked live. Everything else is the bonus.

P.S. Hallelujah to Memphis Bleek not being hype man. I'd kill myself if he was adlibing for Jay while Kanye was on stage too
laugh.gif

P.S. Hallelujah to Memphis Bleek not being hype man. I'd kill myself if he was adlibing for Jay while Kanye was on stage too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by illfrozn

laugh.gif

Shocked he didn't do AOTL, like that should be a standard for all of the shows. DIAND was one of those songs I thought he'd save for a night when Ross is ready, even though originally it was a solo song.

laugh.gif

Shocked he didn't do AOTL, like that should be a standard for all of the shows. DIAND was one of those songs I thought he'd save for a night when Ross is ready, even though originally it was a solo song.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
That's what I thought too. Seeing him perform it live was crazy, so I can only imagine it with the lights and lasers they have going on now versus the set he was using during his festival run ...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
That's what I thought too. Seeing him perform it live was crazy, so I can only imagine it with the lights and lasers they have going on now versus the set he was using during his festival run ...

Back
Top Bottom