Kanye West Pastelle Appreciation/Graveyard Thread

insightful post man. I can see exactly why Nigo didn't want to initally work with Pharrell and Ye. Dudes just ran thru bape and made it a fad to the point where only one in a few people actually wear bape. Most of the time, if you wear it you'll be told how you "still" rockin bape. which is ridiculous.
Nigo was about his paper man it was pretty smart he avoided those deals look what happened to pharrell shortly after dude went from lacing top rappers and pop acts to nobody rocking with his beats last big project he did was Despicable me IMO.Kanye hops from one extreme to another .Remember the Martin Louis the king Kanye . :x

Bape really Hurt itself doing all those damn deals Pepsi,transformers ,cars etc He stretched himself thin IMO but he really kinda got tired of it. It had to be annoying with every interview you got pharrell overshadowing you and the language barrier preventing you from expressing yourself and getting your point across .Hiroshi fujiwara said it best there is a problem when some lame in Middle America on a farm got ya hoody on.

You might not like it but Pharrell is still on top of the industry and still making classics :lol:

I do think Nigo got bored with bape though, it became far too over saturated but to blame pharrell and kanye for that? Ehhh idk.

To be completely honest I'm not sure that Ye' has it in him to create an original men's line. The drive is there but he's so far out in left field now that I'd venture to say it's better left undone.

insightful post man. I can see exactly why Nigo didn't want to initally work with Pharrell and Ye. Dudes just ran thru bape and made it a fad to the point where only one in a few people actually wear bape. Most of the time, if you wear it you'll be told how you "still" rockin bape. which is ridiculous.
Nigo was about his paper man it was pretty smart he avoided those deals look what happened to pharrell shortly after dude went from lacing top rappers and pop acts to nobody rocking with his beats last big project he did was Despicable me IMO.
laugh.gif

What are you talking about, he was on Watch The Throne, he was on Ross' last album, he got a beat on Kendricks new album, and that's just off the top of my head.

I love pharrell music been an NERD FAN since Bobby James .Classics lately nah .I think him using a lot of his resources on bbc and ice cream and him just never trily connecting in America drained him.His success in China is amazing him Edison Chen put in a lot of work in Hong Kong .Bape is still big but Nigo is moving onto more sartorial style stuff with Mr Bathing Ape .Also his hardcore followers who wear his stiff daily are getting older they love bape so they are eventually gearing up for wearing more sartorial stylings.He has been dong more work with Grenson etc .Pharrell just did some stuff with Mark Mcnairy too

Nigo was about his paper man it was pretty smart he avoided those deals look what happened to pharrell shortly after dude went from lacing top rappers and pop acts to nobody rocking with his beats last big project he did was Despicable me IMO.Kanye hops from one extreme to another .Remember the Martin Louis the king Kanye .
sick.gif

Bape really Hurt itself doing all those damn deals Pepsi,transformers ,cars etc He stretched himself thin IMO but he really kinda got tired of it. It had to be annoying with every interview you got pharrell overshadowing you and the language barrier preventing you from expressing yourself and getting your point across .Hiroshi fujiwara said it best there is a problem when some lame in Middle America on a farm got ya hoody on.
You know what you're talking about.

Bape is NOTHING right now. 

laugh.gif
Bape is still doing well in Japan.
i dunno bout that, a min ago someone posted a article how da hype been dead over there

and da only reason nigo brought it to da US was to milk da brand once da fire blew out in japan.

and now that its finished here he sold it to cats in china.

i dunno bout that, a min ago someone posted a article how da hype been dead over there

and da only reason nigo brought it to da US was to milk da brand once da fire blew out in japan.

and now that its finished here he sold it to cats in china.
bape still sells out man my boy lives in Tokyo and he says it goes strong dudes been living there for 20 years and been buying from the store just as long.

Nigo did sell Bape to IT

But he is still the creator director.

It also does still sell out. They much just keep classic designs now

Real talk Kanye wanted to work with bape and Nigo flat out denied him.At one point time kanye wasn't even allowed by bape to buy one of their backpacks dudes told him no .Pharrell wasn't allowed to work with Nigo until he hooked up the teriyaki boys with beats and then he got his aid on ice cream and bbc.Kanye is cool his line would have been good for two years had he not had the tsylor swift incident.
I hate the fact hat z bought bbc dude is the worst owner of any franchise or business in hip hop

Didn't they make a Kanye Bape sneaker though?

Kinda glad it never took off.

Black Entertainers don't really do right by their clothing lines IMO. I'm just being honest here.

You either commit fully or you don't...and that means leaving the rap game entirely.

Streetwear isn't where its at if you're over 25.

I know theres always the "wear what you want and not to impress people" argument, but if its Kanye you know people will be checking for it. So then you don't want to make it sound like you're wearing it because its Kanye but then you don't want to look like the clown who doesn't have any taste because everyone knows what it is.

Entertainment and fashion doesn't meld too well if the pieces are TOO recognizable.

And even further, entertainers brands OD on branding. I don't need my label on my clothes like that.

When has kanye ever not fully committed to what he does? he's the hardest working god on the planet
pastelle didn't really scream streetwear, though, it wasn't like what you would see in sean jean, rocawear etc
kanye doesn't even need to have is own brand b. he did the yeezys had every rapper wearing his ****, even pete wentz and lil wayne who apparently has/had beef with GOOD music/pusha t. thats how hot kanyes **** is b.
nobody in hip hop was really checkin givenchy, the all red look, or the leather pants/waxed denim until he touched it either. now its becoming oversaturated.
if pastelle would have launched, it would be highly coveted, sought after and set countless trends
Ye has always been able to evolve and not be repetitive, thats why hes still highly relevant today.
i can ride with everything but that
from the pastelle pieces i seen they are doing too much and it seems corny only a few pieces are nice

i noticed nobody was really into the USA flag clothing too til yeezy had otis out and his concert Tee's i might be reaching but just an opinion

Last edited:
Kinda glad it never took off.

Black Entertainers don't really do right by their clothing lines IMO. I'm just being honest here.

You either commit fully or you don't...and that means leaving the rap game entirely.

Streetwear isn't where its at if you're over 25.

I know theres always the "wear what you want and not to impress people" argument, but if its Kanye you know people will be checking for it. So then you don't want to make it sound like you're wearing it because its Kanye but then you don't want to look like the clown who doesn't have any taste because everyone knows what it is.

Entertainment and fashion doesn't meld too well if the pieces are TOO recognizable.

And even further, entertainers brands OD on branding. I don't need my label on my clothes like that.

When has kanye ever not fully committed to what he does? he's the hardest working god on the planet
pastelle didn't really scream streetwear, though, it wasn't like what you would see in sean jean, rocawear etc
kanye doesn't even need to have is own brand b. he did the yeezys had every rapper wearing his ****, even pete wentz and lil wayne who apparently has/had beef with GOOD music/pusha t. thats how hot kanyes **** is b.
nobody in hip hop was really checkin givenchy, the all red look, or the leather pants/waxed denim until he touched it either. now its becoming oversaturated.
if pastelle would have launched, it would be highly coveted, sought after and set countless trends
Ye has always been able to evolve and not be repetitive, thats why hes still highly relevant today.
i can ride with everything but that
from the pastelle pieces i seen they are doing too much and it seems corny only a few pieces are nice

i noticed nobody was really into the USA flag clothing too til yeezy had otis out and his concert Tee's i might be reaching but just an opinion

you might be right w/ the recent flag trend. im sure revolutionaries/protesters in the 60s wore flag gear, but ralphy had the flag motif on lock for a while and imo is the genesis of the trend. and we know how ye feels about lo.

Ye's clothing line he was supposed to do.​

What could have been . . .​

I don't know why he didn't go through with it, he would have made a KILLING. Even if he kept it limited and out of wholesale. I coulda saw it being a Supreme type of thing.​

Especially if he released those Shutter Shades like Ben Baller said he was planning to do on the Breakfast Club. EVERYONE had those from a period of late 07 to mid 09. Think about how many times you've seen them at the beach. Somewhere out there right now, there's a d-bag reeking of Axe and Mountain Dew with a 4 Loko and a spray tan STILL rocking them. Really a part of American culture for a while.​

I guess he didn't do it because he's on his high fashion **** now, or maybe the Taylor Swift incident caused him to say **** it.​

Oh well, I will always want these jackets . . .​

kid-pastelle-jacket-back.jpg

Ye's clothing line he was supposed to do.​

What could have been . . .​

I don't know why he didn't go through with it, he would have made a KILLING. Even if he kept it limited and out of wholesale. I coulda saw it being a Supreme type of thing.​

Especially if he released those Shutter Shades like Ben Baller said he was planning to do on the Breakfast Club. EVERYONE had those from a period of late 07 to mid 09. Think about how many times you've seen them at the beach. Somewhere out there right now, there's a d-bag reeking of Axe and Mountain Dew with a 4 Loko and a spray tan STILL rocking them. Really a part of American culture for a while.​

I guess he didn't do it because he's on his high fashion **** now, or maybe the Taylor Swift incident caused him to say **** it.​

Oh well, I will always want these jackets . . .​

kid-pastelle-jacket-back.jpg

:pimp: thats what made it so dope

Back
Top Bottom