Kanye West Snubbed by Quincy Jones

us-weekly-quincy.jpg

Gotta co-sign Quincy here. I laugh when people refer to Kanye as a musical genius. He's a mediocre rapper and musician. I personally think that musically other genres $+!# on rap. The reason I listen to rap is for the lyrics wordplay storytelling methaphors etc not so much for the actual music. It really doesn't take much effort to produce a beat in some rap song compared to writing a symphony.

us-weekly-quincy.jpg

Gotta co-sign Quincy here. I laugh when people refer to Kanye as a musical genius. He's a mediocre rapper and musician. I personally think that musically other genres $+!# on rap. The reason I listen to rap is for the lyrics wordplay storytelling methaphors etc not so much for the actual music. It really doesn't take much effort to produce a beat in some rap song compared to writing a symphony.

Outside of Thriller and Rashida dude has only produced forgettable trash
grin.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Well Kanye uses a LOT of elements inside of his music. Sounds like someone is bitter that they will be forgotten in a few generations.

a3b3584ce103521a77ac792f9e7ae9bfc1fb9a7.gif

WOW

Well Kanye uses a LOT of elements inside of his music. Sounds like someone is bitter that they will be forgotten in a few generations.

a3b3584ce103521a77ac792f9e7ae9bfc1fb9a7.gif

WOW

Originally Posted by 0cks

grin.gif

Take it you're not a jazz fan nor listened to Off The Wall.

grin.gif

Take it you're not a jazz fan nor listened to Off The Wall.

grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I agree with Quincy. Two different minsets. Quincy makes the samples Kanye would use.

grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I agree with Quincy. Two different minsets. Quincy makes the samples Kanye would use.

I don't think it's that, I think he's saying that in order to do what it is he does he had to go through the entire apprentice-journeyman-master path to understanding and utilizing all aspects of the orchestra (take orchestra to mean the spectrum of instruments and their capabilities) where as Kanye and others of his generation have basically been able to cut their teeth by only having a far shorter and narrower musical education since 1.  It's not at all necessary in rap music since the audience doesn't care about that by and large and 2. The method of production allows a producer in rap to either rearrange pre-arranged pieces of music from records or from studio musicians under the aegis of a conductor without having to learn all that stuff themselves. 

I don't think it's that, I think he's saying that in order to do what it is he does he had to go through the entire apprentice-journeyman-master path to understanding and utilizing all aspects of the orchestra (take orchestra to mean the spectrum of instruments and their capabilities) where as Kanye and others of his generation have basically been able to cut their teeth by only having a far shorter and narrower musical education since 1.  It's not at all necessary in rap music since the audience doesn't care about that by and large and 2. The method of production allows a producer in rap to either rearrange pre-arranged pieces of music from records or from studio musicians under the aegis of a conductor without having to learn all that stuff themselves. 

Off the Wall was hot garbage trash doo doo. That Bossa nova +%@ he dabbled in was wack too... holler...

Back
Top Bottom