Kanye West x Jordan Brand

Nike needs competition. When Yeezys, Ultraboost, NMDs were red-hot from 2015-2018ish, Jordan Brand actually tried and put out pretty good retros of OG colors and had some good Retro+ with good stock.

Now that Nike is back to dominating, they’re getting lazy. Only a few OG retros every year. Very few Retro+ interested me last year.
There is definitely some truth to this. I think the tide will start to change again if New Balance keep growing like it does.

I think the problem is Nike/JB basically run the table on the retro market for hype casual sneakers. New Balance is really the only company that comes close because Puma, UA, etc. aren't really selling any hyped retro products for the "sneakerhead" market. Adidas sells a lot of retro product but those products are more akin the Nike's GR Air Max, AF1s, etc. since they're not targeting the Jordan retro market.

It does suck that nobody is pushing the envelope on new designs like Yeezy is though. Adidas started to also do it with that 2015 run you mentioned but then just milked those 1st few designs to death. Nike just prints money from retro sales across the board and continuously puts out trash new models that nobody wants from themselves and Jordan Brand.

Last edited:
Starting to look that way, lol. Hype beasts aren’t doing us any favors.
Part of the issue is generational as well, if Nike prices out too many younger kids (by either making products too expensive or simply consistently making too little stock of popular products to meet demand), they'll naturally start to gravitate to other brands. It's fine to do this for a bit, even advisable to build brand power/hype, but doing it for too long seems like it can definitely create issues with maintaining people's interests.

Those Batman Returns boots would be impractical but a collab on a pair of Jordan 6s has fantastic potential tbh.
27FD1775-8932-459B-8E39-8E47C08FCD92.jpeg
It can work lol

As a style icon, he need to be wearing something shocking every once in a while to stay relevant. Sort of like how everybrand have runaway show case every season with something out of the ordinary outfit. Kanye is his own brand, and hes very good at it.
Is that considered shocking though? It’s not a crazy design from left field like the Foamrunners were, it just looks odd lol

Is that considered shocking though? It’s not a crazy design from left field like the Foamrunners were, it just looks odd lol
Wearing a police motocycle boots lol. Its not an everyday look for sure man, at least not in the current in the trend fashion thats for sure

Im sure Nike will make big money from this but:

I'm only worried about OG Nike and Jordan colorways.

This will probably distract from that.

Wearing a police motocycle boots lol. Its not an everyday look for sure man, at least not in the current in the trend fashion thats for sure
Yeah I get what you’re saying but I guess my point is more from a design standpoint, if that makes sense. Foamrunners were and still are a completely insane design (which is probably why they’re so polarizing).

Yeah I get what you’re saying but I guess my point is more from a design standpoint, if that makes sense. Foamrunners were and still are a completely insane design (which is probably why they’re so polarizing).
He wore that for a while. And its too mainstream now ever since walmart sold the knock off ver. He gotta step up his game and shock the fashion world once again.

wont surprise me if he suddenly start wearing elevated heels like rick owens in afew years time lol

He wore that for a while. And its too mainstream now ever since walmart sold the knock off ver. He gotta step up his game and shock the fashion world once again.

wont surprise me if he suddenly start wearing elevated heels like rick owens in afew years time lol
Oh yeah I agree about the Foamrunners-those were seemingly ahead of their time, given how popular they are.

Ahead of their time? They were a 2 decades late to Crocs.
Crocs weren't taken seriously by the sneakerhead culture in the same way Foamrunners were. Also, Foamrunners were produced with algae, which is pretty revolutionary from a sustainability and manufacturing standpoint.

Back
Top Bottom