Katrina victims may have to repay money

Originally Posted by VaGixxer

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

You guys do know that ALOT of those victims who were given money spent it on Louis Vuitton and strip clubs, right? How we soon to forget. I'm not saying it's right to ask them to repay them, though.
That aint the point fam.....regardless if they spent it on rebuilding efforts or not. If you wreck your car and your insurance company gives you 6 grand cause you totaled the car, but instead of buying a new car you use it on some other stuff that mean you should pay it back?

It's principle man principle

Ethically, yes they should have to pay it back. Just like if I get grants from Financial Aid and go out and buy some rims for my car.

Originally Posted by notoriousPAT

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Eff Bush, forreal son

where did you see his name anywhere in that article?
Cause he's the president and should be taken care of #1, they could have rebuilt all the affected areas with some of the39849137987359827499487598274 Billion dollars that have been spent on the stupid war. So again, eff Bush.

At people saying they have to pay it back...... Yeah it may be in some agreement or whatnot, but these arent your everyday (and i use the term lightly)"homeowners".

Originally Posted by goldNboi7

Its not really all that debatable...it said that the company was likely using that clause as retribution to recollect money from clients who appealed for money they needed/deserved and won. You show me the right in that. If reading is fundamental, I'm Tim Duncan...my ability 2 comprehend is more than adequate, cuz...

Alright, let's try to break it down again. You asked how do you repay a grant. Right? Obviously, if you were given the money and you should not havereceived it, then you'd have to repay it. That is called an error. If you were payed more than you were supposed to get, then, that is an error aswell.
One organization is saying "hey, we made an error and gave too much to some people, the contract they signed states they will pay it".Meanwhile, another organization is saying the complete opposite.

You have two opposing sides in the article.

Still, you asked why one would have to repay a grant and I thought my answer was quite clear.

Oh, and with regards to the witty statement at the end, apparently in this situation, comprehension is like free throws, and you're doing worse than Shaq.
happy.gif

Grant, loan, donations, etc.....

If you gave out too much and can prove it then you have a right to be paid back, its really not that hard to understand.

703 Hwy, just stop because you're making yourself look more stupid and clueless.

JR5

I'd just like to see the contract terms...

if there was a clause that people would have to repay any overpayment...then they should...if there isn't...then it's the company's fault formiscalculating their overpayment

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

You guys do know that ALOT of those victims who were given money spent it on Louis Vuitton and strip clubs, right? How we soon to forget. I'm not saying it's right to ask them to repay them, though.

You're talking about the initial debit cards they gave out to people, this is about people getting grants to rebuild there homes, different story. Thepeople you're speaking of probably weren't homeowners.

On another note, I'm sure there was no miscalculation, I believe these mistakes were just a further ploy to move the poor homeowners out, developersaren't gonna be happy till they can buy the rest of the city.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I'd just like to see the contract terms...

if there was a clause that people would have to repay any overpayment...then they should...if there isn't...then it's the company's fault for miscalculating their overpayment

Thats really what it boils down to.

Back
Top Bottom