KD is killing the summer circuit. Vol. Rucker Park

roll.gif
roll.gif
Via KD' FB page

[h2]http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2011/08/03/durant-drops-284-points-in-grade-school-game/[/h2]
[h2]Durant drops 284 points in grade school game[/h2]

It’s official: Kevin Durant cannot stop playing basketball.

Two days after lighting up Rucker Park in Harlem, and a night removed from scoring 41 points in a Pro-City tournament game, Durant continued his summer ball tour by torching a bunch of fifth grade kids in Wisconsin.

Wednesday, the Oklahoma City Thunder superstar scored an insane 284 points to help his team, the Holy Apostles Chargers, destroy the Elmwood Cougars, 320-30. Durant’s box score was one for the ages. He connected on 112-of-126 shots overall, including 24-of-29 three-point attempts, and made 36-of-38 free throws. He also grabbed 18 rebounds, had four assists and blocked 25 shots Bill Murray style.

Hundreds of soccer moms were turned away at the doors, undoubtedly itching to witness the NBA’s two-time scoring champ, who had a 66-point effort at Rucker Park on Monday that persuaded fans to rush the court.

Durant likes to play in leagues throughout the country during the summer, but he was non-committal about suiting up Wednesday night at a local YMCA wheelchair game. He said he would have to wait and see while adding, “I just try to get better man. I like to play in every part of the country to see how the ballers are. I had fun.

Originally Posted by HOOD17

roll.gif
roll.gif
Via KD' FB page

[h2]http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2011/08/03/durant-drops-284-points-in-grade-school-game/[/h2]

Two days after lighting up Rucker Park in Harlem, and a night removed from scoring 41 points in a Pro-City tournament game, Durant continued his summer ball tour by torching a bunch of fifth grade kids in Wisconsin.

Wednesday, the Oklahoma City Thunder superstar scored an insane 284 points to help his team, the Holy Apostles Chargers, destroy the Elmwood Cougars, 320-30. Durant’s box score was one for the ages. He connected on 112-of-126 shots overall, including 24-of-29 three-point attempts, and made 36-of-38 free throws. He also grabbed 18 rebounds, had four assists and blocked 25 shots Bill Murray style.

Hundreds of soccer moms were turned away at the doors, undoubtedly itching to witness the NBA’s two-time scoring champ, who had a 66-point effort at Rucker Park on Monday that persuaded fans to rush the court.

Durant likes to play in leagues throughout the country during the summer, but he was non-committal about suiting up Wednesday night at a local YMCA wheelchair game. He said he would have to wait and see while adding, “I just try to get better man. I like to play in every part of the country to see how the ballers are. I had fun.

KD should just knock on people's doors and play pick up ball with them until the Lockout is resolved.

Originally Posted by HOOD17

roll.gif
roll.gif
Via KD' FB page

Originally Posted by Brad Fonzworth

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

its time for NIKE to push KD more than LBJ

not happening, they didn't give LeBron 120Mill for no reason.. and LeBron sneakers sell way more and they're damn near double the price.
agreed, but KDs good PR eventually is gonna be >> then LBJs bad PR...KD doing this is making the streets love him more...I foresee a NYC edition of shoes and etc., Im hoping at least a commercial.

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Scored 62 on the MAVS in 3 quarters...
That's just 4 below of what KD did against these scrubs 
laugh.gif

Pay attention...

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

laugh.gif
I was thinking the same thing Q... that squad was slightly above the talent that you see in a competitive league, I'm sure there teams in the Goodman/Drew league that could've went out there and played well against that Toronto squad.... Hell there are a few CBB squads in recent memory that would've have blown them out if
laugh.gif
Stop. Kobe has also scored 60+ against various NBA teams.

Including 63 in 3 qtrs v Dallas which was more impressive than the 81 but people always point to the 81 to credit his ability even tho it came against a d league team minus Jalen Rose

Props were given... 

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Is this sarcastic? Because there was in fact grown men jumping up and down, storming the court mid-way through the game to hug on him. Same thing happened with that summer league he was in where he through it off the glass to himself.
While my first comment was clearly sarcastic, I really would like an explanation for this phenomenon in mostly urban settings.

Why is it necessary to interrupt the game and literally storm the court? Do people feel the need to be seen or make something bigger than it was? I honestly don't understand. To me it'd be annoying and begs the question "Why are people doing this?".

And I'm not trying to stir the pot, honestly, but this is the god honest truth; for as many times this happens, 9.9/10 seem to be completely comprised of blacks. Why is that?

The man makes a good point

these urban settings you speak of consist of fans that may have ever seen an NBA player in person, or been able to go to an actual NBA game.  These summer circuits; Rucker, Dyckman etc are all they get to really experience.   It's just pure excitement and enjoyment that they may have never experienced before, so you can't blame them for wanting to sit down with their hands and legs crossed while watching Kevin Durant show out.  Is that you Mr. Stern?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Is this sarcastic? Because there was in fact grown men jumping up and down, storming the court mid-way through the game to hug on him. Same thing happened with that summer league he was in where he through it off the glass to himself.
While my first comment was clearly sarcastic, I really would like an explanation for this phenomenon in mostly urban settings.

Why is it necessary to interrupt the game and literally storm the court? Do people feel the need to be seen or make something bigger than it was? I honestly don't understand. To me it'd be annoying and begs the question "Why are people doing this?".

And I'm not trying to stir the pot, honestly, but this is the god honest truth; for as many times this happens, 9.9/10 seem to be completely comprised of blacks. Why is that?

The man makes a good point

I always felt the same. I think it has to do with these people wanting to be a part of whats going on without actually being able to ball.

laugh.gif

Pay attention...

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Stop. Kobe has also scored 60+ against various NBA teams.

Including 63 in 3 qtrs v Dallas which was more impressive than the 81 but people always point to the 81 to credit his ability even tho it came against a d league team minus Jalen Rose

Props were given...  
Sam Mitchell let that happen on purpose, Jalen has spoken about this, the 81 point thing was purley a Sam Mitchell teaching the players a lesson, they were playing zone, they did not double and they let him score 81, it was disgusting.

So Michael Beasley is at Dyckman with Kevin Durant and apparently mushed someone in the face for talking trash.
eek.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

laugh.gif

Pay attention...

Props were given...  
Sam Mitchell let that happen on purpose, Jalen has spoken about this, the 81 point thing was purley a Sam Mitchell teaching the players a lesson, they were playing zone, they did not double and they let him score 81, it was disgusting.
vis BS report back in march?

i think im gonna listen to that one tomorow at work again. i liked that episode

KD stunk it up in Dyckman tonight, & his teammates looked upset he was gettin all the shine.

Gained mad respect for B-Easy tonight
laugh.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

laugh.gif
Beasly a wild boy.

I had a perfect view of the incident...

it was literally a zoo... dudes in the trees and all that.
30t6p3b.gif

Good game overall.

first of all. no one gonna mention how durant got dunked on at dyckman tonight?
laugh.gif

and i mean DUNKED ON FACIAL. i bet no video will surface

second of all. beasley was high !*% hell lmao. and his team still pulled off the upset.
beasley lucky he didn't get jabbed though
laugh.gif
security made sure he didn't get further involved with the crowd

dyckman was bananas though.

Originally Posted by Brad Fonzworth

its time for NIKE to push KD more than LBJ

not happening, they didn't give LeBron 120Mill for no reason.. and LeBron sneakers sell way more and they're damn near double the price.
agreed, but KDs good PR eventually is gonna be >> then LBJs bad PR...KD doing this is making the streets love him more...I foresee a NYC edition of shoes and etc., Im hoping at least a commercial.
kd street cred is on a high

Back
Top Bottom