Ken Link leaving Nike Basketball Unappreciation Post

The writings on the wall fellas seems like Nike is trying to take the soul out of Nike basketball since his departure. What happened to pushing the limits andthinking outside the box? The 2010 lineup sure looks very bland....Boooooo Nike!!!!!!!

You guys act like Link is the be-all, end-all to creative basketball shoe design. This is how new people get opportunities to step up and make a name. Relax.

^agreed. New people typically bring new ideas and thoughts to a position. Who is currently in Ken Link's old position?

peace

Jonas

Have you looked at the 2010 lineup? Just seems very boring and cookie cutter. Nothing really stands out, I really liked what Nike had going on during Ken'stime with Nike Bball. Seems like theres a shift and its not a creative one.

Originally Posted by vulkanthekrusader

ERIC AVAR IS GOD.
QFT!

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by daaznfella

Kenzo is gone? Lebron IV....ahead of it's time, but too heavy....
laugh.gif
i just happen to be wearing some golds today..

these things is heavy, yo.

I'm pretty sure other dudes at Nike BB can carry the torch, but it's not the designers fault that the higher ups won't let them get their madscientist on. I remember Rock at a DAR talking about how the higher ups have the designers in a stranglehold and won't let them loose. But where did Kengo?

it's not the designers fault that the higher ups won't let them get their mad scientist on.

Whenever there is a shoe that people don't like, people always like to blame the designers. But like you said, it's not the designers fault. It is thedirection that they are given and the parameters that are available.

People blaming the wrong party for a bad product FTL.

Back
Top Bottom