KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

The best and most complete hip-hop album I've heard since Get Rich or Die Trying...

IMO of course.

Blown away after my first listen. Very well put together project. Need to find some way to get those Target tracks though :nerd:

cd is amazing, without a doubt the best hip hop debut since food and liquor. my dude is so damn gifted, you just feel it when he spits

Basically.

The album isn't that good. I just don't hear it. Dudes really are letting the hype machine get to them. Dude is OVER interpreting was is nothing more than a simple lyric. The guy ain't even talking about anything on most of the album. 

I was going to respond until I saw your screen name. There's no convincing you :lol:

Great CD.
This & Life Is Good duke it out for album of the year.

As much as I like Nas I thought the album was forgettable. He just needs the right producers.

Fantano gave this a 9 :wow: :pimp:

this guy sucks
Basically.

The album isn't that good. I just don't hear it. Dudes really are letting the hype machine get to them. Dude is OVER interpreting was is nothing more than a simple lyric. The guy ain't even talking about anything on most of the album.

But you love Drake though...I just don't understand how you say that Kendrick and J.Cole are simple and trying too hard be something that they're not and yet you're a huge Drake fan.

Really?

REALLY?

I mean your first post here was praising Drake's one verse as the highlight of the album saying it was his best since Comeback Season when it was really just Drake doing his usual female friendly ****. Not that it's bad, it's what he's best at. But then you complain about lack of depth? Make up your mind. You just don't like Kendrick. It's cool, I didn't really at first either the first time I heard OD. The voice bothered me. Luckily for me I got over that quickly and it didn't keep my from enjoying this great project. Jamming out to good kid as I type this :smokin

Last edited:
Fantano gave this a 9 :wow: :pimp:

this guy sucks
Basically.

your corner is waiting on you..... plz **** sounding like a broken record...go back to your catfight with ninjahood

& ftr drakes cupcake verse should have been left of poetic justice & the album would have been that much better

baffaling to me dude slurps drakes batting glove sweat & loves chi the prince but puts down KENDRICK srs wtf

Last edited:
He baits y'all and you fall right for it. He doesn't even believe 90% of the things he posts. I've never seen a person who has a dissenting opinion on EVERYTHING.

I read the post and stone faced, then say the username and smirked. It's not even subtle anymore. Dude pops in every thread and starts a debate. Don't feed the troll.

in a perfect world..

j.cole on poetic justice
game on compton

I definitely would have liked Game on that song. No J. Cole, I'm good off his boring rhymes. No Drake either.

I actually think Drake was perfect on Poetic Justice, that is one lane he excels at and Kendrick had him on the perfect feature.....Kendrick's also said he'd want to work with Erykah Badu most of all. I can't imagine how ill a track with her or 3K would be :smh: :smokin :smokin

in a perfect world..

j.cole on poetic justice
game on compton

I agree with this even tho I dont have a problem with how either turned out. Just feel like Drake verse sounded like sumtin we heard before and Cole mighta brought a different perspective

Game might would have floated on Compton too after what Kendrick did to The City

Couple notes off my first couple listens:

-"Where my mutha****** dominos at?!" :rofl: :rofl:
-*****, Don't Kill My Vibe is perfection :wow: Perfect zone out track.
-Backseat Freestyle BANGS
-Jay Rock went in on Money Trees
-Janet Jackson sample was done nice on Poetic Justice
-The beat on good kid is :pimp: Its a leftover from N.E.R.D.'s Nothing album & it shows :smokin
-m.A.A.d city as the next track is a nice followup... 1st beat goes hard, 2nd beat sounds like some classic old school west coast ****
-Promise that you will. sing. about me.
-The Mary J. track didn't dissapoint... She went in on her last 2 feautres (This & Reach Out).

Overall I love the story telling concept on this album... Really feels like Im watching a movie or something :lol:

The skits piece everything together perfectly.

I know it might be really early to say this... But I think the album is a future classic :pimp:

I feel like the standard cover has a "classic" feel to it as well.

Last edited:
Solid work from K.Dot, hes making all the right moves so far, im rooting for dude hope he blows all the way up 

Back
Top Bottom