Kevin O'Neil takes the USC Men's BB Job

dacomeup

Supporter
O'Neill replaces Floyd as Trojans coach

Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

USC announced Saturday that Kevin O'Neill has been hired as men's basketball coach following the resignation of former coach Tim Floyd.

O'Neill has worked at both the college and pro levels, spending the 2009 season as an assistant coach and special assistant to the general manager of the Memphis Grizzlies.

"We're thrilled to have Kevin O'Neill as our men's basketball coach," USC athletic director Mike Garrett said in a release. "Kevin is the consummate coach. He knows his Xs and Os, he's an excellent recruiter and he is very in tune with the academic side of a player's collegiate experience. His 30 years of experience at the college and professional levels has prepared him well for this opportunity.

"I love his coaching philosophy and principles: he's a no-nonsense coach who is very detail-oriented and prepares his teams well. He stresses defense and I've always believed that defense wins championships."

Floyd resigned June 9 after four seasons with the Trojans following allegations that he gave $1,000 in cash to a man who helped steer former star player O.J. Mayo to the Trojans.

eek.gif
I personally would've given Theus the job over O'Neil. I think Theus would be a better recruiter.

I wish I could find the pic of the beer cans and bottle of wine I think it was outside his hotel room after a Zona loss.

roll.gif
roll.gif

They couldn't try to steal this guy away:

ncb_g_hopkins_195.jpg

USC is in trouble for the next few years.

i laughed when i read the title
laugh.gif

i thought USC wanted a coach(a good one) with NBA ties, then they hire this man.

laugh.gif
The guy almost highhandedly destroyed Arizona and every player on his team hated him and USC goes out and hires him
laugh.gif
Wow good luck.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

laugh.gif
The guy almost highhandedly destroyed Arizona and every player on his team hated him and USC goes out and hires him
laugh.gif
Wow good luck.
co-sign. he's a terrible in game coach too. great move for the rest of the Pac-10

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Be real, that zona team was trash and no cach was going to do good that year.
wise, bayless, budinger, hill = trash?!
grin.gif
2-3 lottery picks doesn't equal trash. Now you want to say they didn't play cohesively or had no heart, that's a different story.

grin.gif

did you see any of them play THAT year? hill wasnt that good then, chase was a soft bum and wise didnt do much. bayless was there best player

grin.gif

did you see any of them play THAT year? hill wasnt that good then, chase was a soft bum and wise didnt do much. bayless was there best player
You never surprise me man. Did you think it could have had something to do with the coach? His in-game management was terrible and that teamstill played in the tournament

Back
Top Bottom