kickballers dc :: grand opening? grand closing.

Is the closing supposed to be low key? They just made a blog post today featuring new stuff on their site.

Via Myspace Bulletin:
We are writing to inform everyone that we will be closing down the Kickballers storefront, effective 8pm Wednesday, February 27, 2008. We are left with no other choice, as this decision is a result of several irreversible damages we have suffered due to the actions of a former friend, former partner and former parent company (you know who you are, you know what you did…Lanir!).

It has been a blessing working with the local community and helping to show a little bit of what the DMV has to offer. We are keeping the business going, however, we will operate as an online-only shop, at least for the time being. You can access our online shop via our blog. We will explore other storefront opportunities as well.

We would like to thank all of those who supported the Kickballers storefront and we hope you will continue to check up on us.

And remember, make sure to do all of your business in writing…trust us!

Also Congrats to our Carlo, this week his little baby girl will be brought into the world….one thing ends, a new life begins….

Blessings,

Kickballers DC
http://www.kickballersdc.com

I always try to show support to local stores but I definitley can't say I'm suprised...

Whoever wrote that bulletin sounds mad salty tho...

Thats jus business for ya tho
tired.gif
...Word up 2 doing all of your businessin writing!

tired.gif
Got the text about this today but I know that we've all heard therumblings about this for awhile. I consider all the guys over there friends so I wish them all the best and hopefully they'll be back at us w/somethingnew asap.

-J

Heck yea we like our food salty, ever been to Qdoba?? get there taco salad and ask for the BBQ sauce on it! Thanks to everyone who has shown us love andsupport the past 10 months. Its been fun.

(you know who you are, you know what you did…Lanir!).
ohwell.gif

Wow.

I mean, it's all fun and games on the internet with clowns. But when you got business partners and the trust and brotherhood...

Damn shame man. Really sincerely sad to hear.

I would say something -- you know, since D51 had to get an annoucement posted by our beloved "Sneakermane" -- butI've put enough panties in a bunch for 2008... And its not even March yet.
laugh.gif

LaVan, keep me posted on the Spring line. You SOLELY are my Summer 2008 jumpoff.

Kickballers by FAAAAAR had the potential to keep it moving.

Customer service and atmosphere was top notch b. But you need 'dem accounts BEFORE you open in thisgame........................

Rent ain't no joke.

Tried to support, but there wasn't enough in there for me to fulfill the trial. Good luck to yall in the future! Get your game tight and hit the marketagain.

I mean Lanir was never a person to be trusted. He lied about everything.
grin.gif

I wish the best for you guys though and I supported as much as I could everytime I went to the store. I always walked out with something.

I def saw it coming, them guys where cool in there. I just coped some kicks for mad cheap about two weeks ago. Lanir was alright with me....

na i worked for lanir hes a cool dude
i was a true dude
down too earth !++ dude cool as $%*!
learned alot from him brother figure too me
i got love for L. GOD BLESS-KEVIN

Wow ... this is sad ... They had a lot of folks at big sneaker companies on their side ... and I dont even think they knew it ... good luck in your futureendavors folks!

I wish you all 100 years of success in your next effort!

Dag,,,

Shoulda sponsored a Kickball league to keep the Cash Flow comin.

Never good to hear a promising Store hit the Road.

i was at gtown on thursday..that joint is closed forreal forreal. what do you expect....i'm like 110% positive they never really had new inventory in theirstor the whole time they stayed open. about 85% of the shoes they had in stock were the same shoes they've been had since opening day. that store waswhack. the whole time they were open..i probably went there about 10 times and kept seeing the same things over & over. if they plan on re-opening in thefuture..they seriously need to re-think their marketing strategy.

Back
Top Bottom