kicksology.net

Does anybody here remember kicksology.net?
wink.gif
The site existed during atime where DSL and cable internet were things unheard of by the common Filipino. It was run by a guy who wrote under the name Professor K and was dedicated toreviewing hoops shoes. His articles on shoes were the most in depth you could ever find. They were quite lengthy but definitely worth the time as they werewell written and unbiased. Everything from design and technology, to weight and even break in periods of the shoes would be elaborated upon. If you werefortunate enough to play in some of the shoes he reviewed, you would certainly find that the Professor knew what he was doing. Readers would probably agreewith about 90% of the things he put down.
laugh.gif
It was your all-aroundresource if you wanted to know more about a shoe before purchasing. That's where you could find out if a sneaker lived up to its technological hype or ifyou could get something better to hoop in for half the price. Sadly, this site no longer exists.

In writing this, I hope this thread serves as a reminder to this site that has long ceased to function and a calling to anyone out there who is thinking ofputting up his or her own site that reviews sneakers. You'd be doing the sneaker community a big favor in doing so.

Actually i found Niketalk via Kicksology.net, and i found Kicksology.net via a newspaper article written by....

Quinito Henson hehe

KO was the bomb, when it was getting real good, the reviews were unbelievable and the pictures were very detailed, that's when Prof.K decided to end whatwas a very beautiful thing...

My favorites were the Answer Playoffs review and how he ethered (sort off) Rbk by writing how Rbk can get better and there is no valid excuse of releasingsomething like the Playoffs.

And also the dissection of the Dada Cdubbz wish it was still up...KO.net R.I.P.

Yeah, BB4s and Stunners were there! Haha! So were the early releases of And1s! How'd he sell out Crux? Last time I saw any of Professor K's articleswas in a magazine. Slam, I think.

Best guard shoe ever - Nike Zoom Ultraflight
pimp.gif

I remember heading straight to Stadium Shangrila to buy the white/blue colorway immediately after reading the Kicksology review.

The release of the Hyperdunk is one of the things that made me miss Kicksology. I want to know what a shoe lover/expert thinks about the shoe. Haha

Yeah, i miss that site, nice review with very nice pics. Loving their review of the Nike Ultraflights...

prof K was the man to wait for, he would be the 1st to review thoroughly a single pair..i wish he'd be back.
(so that we'l have KATC & KO)..

he even had DADA SUPREMEs on his list back then.
wink.gif

I think I saved all the reviews of Prof K..someone in Nt posted it.. dude really loves the SHox Stunners and Ultraflights..

ahhh..... the shox bb4's and stunners. all i have to say is this: Y-U-M-M-Y
smile.gif
smile.gif
. with all due respect to the other shox designs, iconsider them as the most well-designed nike shox for playing hoops and for casual use. don't you think? coming in 3rd would have to be..... the shoxsupremacy's. specially the white/black ones. simple, and very clean.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by bullsfan4life

the shox bb4's and stunners. all i have to say is this: Y-U-M-M-Y
smile.gif
smile.gif
. with all due respect to the other shox designs, i consider them as the most well-designed nike shox
They are indeed YUMMY!!!!
devil.gif
devil.gif

Hope Nike retroes the BB4.

They are indeed YUMMY!!!!
devil.gif
devil.gif

Hope Nike retroes the BB4.

same here sir bulls90s. would definitely buy all colorways specially if there's an white/red re-issue. hehe
smile.gif

Prof K was basically the reason why I bought my Jordan XVII, my VCIII and my Huarache!!! =)

And1 was making headlines during the time the site existed. I remember using And1s because they got excellent reviews from the Prof.

^ same as reebok. they were hot shoes back then. X Beam worn by steve francis. And who can forget the TMaC 1. black and royal blue
pimp.gif
. anybody rememberd those? bought those shoes because of the great reviews. wish wecan have Prof K back.

Back
Top Bottom