Kingdom Come Appreciation

antidope

Supporter
This album turns six years old today
pimp.gif
. Pretty sure that this is his most under rated album  followed by In My Lifetime Vol. 1. For what reason I dont know becuase this album had some great tracks despite it not being the comeback that most were expecting.

The Prelude

Kingdom Come

Lost Ones

Do You Wanna Ride

30 Something

Trouble

Dig A Hole

Beach Chair

44 4's (Even though I prefer the acapella version this was where most people heard it first). Riding out to this at least twice today.

KC definitely had its share of really good tracks.

My favorites -

The Prelude (Classic Jay intro)
Oh My God (Just Blaze snapped)
Kingdom Come (Great back to back tracks, loved the use of the sample & Hov's references)
Lost One (Classic Jay story telling)
Do U Wanna Ride (See above)
Anything ( Jay over Neptunes production :pimp: )
Beach Chair (Flat out just a smooth track... Great vibe to it)

i liked it overall but it didn't have that super hard hitting memorable track previous albums had ex 99 Problems, Dirt off your shoulder, ad Big Pimpin

It had its moments, his flow was pretty bad on a good portion of the album. Kingdom Come ( the song) and Chris Martin on beach chair were the highlights for me.

Same level as BP3 for me too. I give BP3 a slight edge because I think that album flows better and is a bit more complete. The first 6 tracks on KC are dope though and people sleep on Hollywood which is a very underrated Jay track.

I still listen to KC from time to time, there's some good tracks on there and a few bad ones. Overall It's a solid album, If It was any other rapper this would be rated higher. But because its Hov the standard is on some God level type high
sick.gif

I still listen to KC from time to time, there's some good tracks on there and a few bad ones. Overall It's a solid album, If It was any other rapper this would be rated higher. But because its Hov the standard is on some God level type high :x

I agree with this statement. I don't think that's necessarily the most objective way to judge things but sadly people do

I still listen to KC from time to time, there's some good tracks on there and a few bad ones. Overall It's a solid album, If It was any other rapper this would be rated higher. But because its Hov the standard is on some God level type high
sick.gif
I've always said this. JAY-Zs worst album would be 99% of other rappers best work. The price to pay for being the GOAT I suppose

I preferred BP3 over KC simply cause my favorite tracks on there outshine the ones that are on KC.

I still listen to KC from time to time, there's some good tracks on there and a few bad ones. Overall It's a solid album, If It was any other rapper this would be rated higher. But because its Hov the standard is on some God level type high :x

I agree with this statement. I don't think that's necessarily the most objective way to judge things but sadly people do

That's what happens when great artists set high expectations, that their fans continue to expect that. That's pretty much how I felt about KC and BP3 too. I was :rolleyes when they first came out, but they're better now than they were then. KC didn't have those really strong standout tracks, but there were quite a few solid ones (Dig A Hole, Beach Chair, Minority Report). Oh ****, nevermind, The Prelude :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: way too ill. That's probably the reason why the tracks that followed weren't all there to me cause The Prelude was such a great way to open the album. I do have to mention that "Show Me What You Got" for me is one of the most underwhelming singles ever from a major artist. Ever.

That's what happens when great artists set high expectations, that their fans continue to expect that. That's pretty much how I felt about KC and BP3 too. I was :rolleyes when they first came out, but they're better now than they were then. KC didn't have those really strong standout tracks, but there were quite a few solid ones (Dig A Hole, Beach Chair, Minority Report). Oh ****, nevermind, The Prelude :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: way too ill. That's probably the reason why the tracks that followed weren't all there to me cause The Prelude was such a great way to open the album. I do have to mention that "Show Me What You Got" for me is one of the most underwhelming singles ever from a major artist. Ever.

I hear you on the expectations factor. I try to be objective and judge and artist on the project they put out but I understand why people judge artists work that way even though I don't think it is necessarily objective. With that being said its dope that you were able to appreciate KC as time went on.

KC definitely has some standout tracks as you mentioned with the prelude. I think Do U Wanna Ride is probably the best song on the album (very underrated Jay track and also very underrated Kanye production).

A bad album as a bad album. I don't care if its jay z or silkk the shocker.

If I can only jam 2 out of 14 songs, then the album isn't good regardless of who made it.

And Kingdom Come wasn't a good album

Think your going a little overboard saying it only had 2 hot songs...Dig a Hole, Minority Report, Beach Chair are the last 3 tracks and they are HOT. Guess this album went over ya head bro, prolly too matrue for some! Guess you wanna hear that skittles rap
A bad album as a bad album. I don't care if its jay z or silkk the shocker.
If I can only jam 2 out of 14 songs, then the album isn't good regardless of who made it.
And Kingdom Come wasn't a good album

It has its share of bangers. Do You Wanna ride is one of my favorite rap songs, to this day. This was the introduction to Jay-Z's new life. I can get down with it.

Strangely enough, Beach Chair is my least favorite song from the album.

Back
Top Bottom