Klay Thompson Signature Shoe By ANTA *KT9*

anyone buy the Anta KT Shoes from chinasportshop.com ?

The name sounds familiar. I might have ordered from them once but not sure since it's not the same web layout as before. They might have updated their site. They take Paypal so should be safe. I'd just order from Famuji or Hibasketball to be safe.

Edit: I was able to log into their site with my information so I guess it's the same site I ordered from that time.

Last edited:
hi, thapointguy, 

thanks for your reply let me know it's safe to order from this site 
happy.gif

I'm going to order a pair of this one

https://www.chinasportshop.com/anta-kt2-klay-thompson-blazing-3-limited-shoes

In case any of you are in Southern California, the San Gabriel Valley more specifically, the Champs Sports in Puente Hills Mall has the KT1 non-knitted version in the home, away, and that light blue Xmas colorway for 39.99.

Unfortunately they don't ship, and I'm sorry but I can't proxy since I'm not around there often. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up in case any of you were around there.

Also, both the home and away pairs I bought came with the socks and a sackpack in the box. Not bad for 40 each.

Well just got an email saying Anta will not be offering the blazing 3 in any size higher then 10.5 so I got a full refund plus 5% off my next purchase. Needless to say I am disappointed

Well just got an email saying Anta will not be offering the blazing 3 in any size higher then 10.5 so I got a full refund plus 5% off my next purchase. Needless to say I am disappointed

That sucks man and the 5% already available for everyone. Wonder why they put the sizes up but don't have them.

Better off ordering from Shoe Palace. They have two new colorways too.
View media item 2359391http://www.shoepalace.com/product/anta/51640570-7/kt-2-mid-mens-basketball-shoe-bone-brown/

View media item 2359392http://www.shoepalace.com/product/anta/51640570-1/kt-2-mid-mens-basketball-shoe-white-black/

I will confirm that weartesters and nightwing2303 are correct in spelling out the differences between the Chinese ANTA KT2's and the Player's Edition KT2 sold only in the US.  The Player's Edition are actually made in the same factory line as Klay's shoes.   The upper materials and ventilation are vastly different, which explains why you won't see ANTA Uni (choose your colors) in the US.  I'll go beyond and add that even the midsole composition is different when cutting the two styles up the density and composition of materials are exposed.  

If you purchase the KT2 from fuji or hibasketball, you will get the Chinese version.  Currently, Shoe Palace and AntaAmerica.com are the only place to find the Player's Edition. 

I will confirm that weartesters and nightwing2303 are correct in spelling out the differences between the Chinese ANTA KT2's and the Player's Edition KT2 sold only in the US.  The Player's Edition are actually made in the same factory line as Klay's shoes.   The upper materials and ventilation are vastly different, which explains why you won't see ANTA Uni (choose your colors) in the US.  I'll go beyond and add that even the midsole composition is different when cutting the two styles up the density and composition of materials are exposed.  

If you purchase the KT2 from fuji or hibasketball, you will get the Chinese version.  Currently, Shoe Palace and AntaAmerica.com are the only place to find the Player's Edition. 
so which is better

the ANTA USA version

or the

ANTA CHINESE OG version

The Player's Edition, sold only in the USA, is made in the same line as Klay's shoes, whereas, the on-market (China) version is meant of for the large Chinese market at a lower price point to be affordable.  It's similar to what Nike does by selling "Air" shoes without the air in China, it's all about price point.  Keep in mind, the PE is based on Klay's last, which will have a narrower performance fit.  If you have a wide foot, you may want to bump up a 1/2 size.  Both shoes perform well, but the PE will not only breath better, but you'll have better cushioning and support.

I have both the Chinese and US versions both feel and fit the same to me. Only difference is the ventilation cutouts on the forefoot, glossy midsole, and the eyelets on the US version. Would gladly pay less to get all Chinese versions but some colorways are only available in the US.

We cut them both open.  The materials are different, however, they can feel similar as Nightwing has reported in his wear testing.  Either way, Chinese versions are likely to cost the same by the time you pay shipping and duty.

Is there a comparison pic of both version cut up you can post? Chinese version can be had for $85-$100 shipped from Famuji Sneakers. Shoe Palace/Anta America $120 + tax if applicable.

Got these in from Anta America, won their online raffle. Tried on some of the other colors at Shoe Palace and can confirm they fit narrow, had to go a half size up from my measured size since I have semi wide feet.

View media item 2383549

The green midsole is the Player's Edition Bahama, the gray is a Chinese version.  These were the same size shoe.  The density and quality of construction is different.  Note the blue heel section doesn't even fit properly.  Even the quality of the heel counter is exposed, thicker and reinforce fabric line the PE.

View media item 2384944
On the forefoot, the padding is thicker again.  Even the strobel board is thicker.

View media item 2384945
The green midsole is the Player's Edition Bahama, the gray is a Chinese version.  These were the same size shoe.  The density and quality of construction is different.  Note the blue heel section doesn't even fit properly.  Even the quality of the heel counter is exposed, thicker and reinforce fabric line the PE.
 View media item 2384944
On the forefoot, the padding is thicker again.  Even the strobel board is thicker.

Wow....looks like I need to get the American version. I really do love my " make it rain" shoe I bought so I cant imagine even better cushioning in the PE version. Will cop another KT2 befote the KT3 is out. Thanks for the pics

Edit: only problem I have with the KT line is larger sizes are hard to come by then the P.E. ( American version) has lager sizes but not half sizes. I need 11.5 in this shoe.

Last edited:
Thank you for your positive response.  I'm an 11.5 or 12 and definitely fit a 12.  We are exploring 11.5's and 14's for the KT3 - and don't trust the pictures you've seen posted from China.

Anta America is offering a 20% discount to the first five (5) individuals that respond to this offer.  The discount code is NTANTA05.  Go to antaamerica.com to use this discount.

Back
Top Bottom