Knowing about a band WAY before everyelse...then they become popular Unappreciation

Originally Posted by ku JHAWX

Oh, trust me, Im exstatic that they are all popular and everything now....they deserve it.

Just people thinking they knew about them before and everything...thats what Im talking about.

For Instance...their new hit.."Stop and Stare"
People ask me...have you heard OneRepublic's new song?

That song came out late '06...see what I'm sayin?

You're whack b. Go make some cookies for yourself.

Originally Posted by maps maps maps

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by maps maps maps

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Congratulations. You knew about a horrible band before everyone else. Props.

Congratulations, now you're on the same level as the threadstarter. Props

Great post kid.
Excellent logic. SMH. Off yourself.
You shouldn't be talking about logic. Are you not reading the replies? Do you not see that everyone thinks yours is flawed?
laugh.gif
@you telling me to off myself.

It's a shame your daddy didn't shoot you into a towel.
Again, excellent reasoning. Fill me in on how "everyone" thinks my logic is flawed. I'm pretty sure I'm in agreement with most thepeople in here when I say people like the OP are damn fools. Everyone has to start somewhere, and just because you know about them before the massesdoesn't make you any more "down" than anyone else. Fall back young dude. And nice work on the joke btw. SMH. Know your role, word to Mr.Mavia. New jacks. SMMFH.

knew about Gym Class and Lupe way before they blew up...glad to see them doing it big now

I have a feeling this is gonna happen with Cool Kids and Wale too...

yeah doesnt anyone notice that this is how NT works with everything

NTers wanna be exclusive with everything whether its music or clothes.

I don't care about artists becoming popular (everyone listening to them,everyone knows them etc.).

But I cannot stand when someone has a song out and everyone is SINGING it. If you're rapping about street $$#* and your hook is coming out of every soccermom's mouth, that's not a good look.

more like appreciation .. nothing like seeing ur favorite bands go from playing in small packed clubs one year to the next big thing the next ....
to dude that said GCH +1 i remember when they played CBGB and og rockers were boing the crap out of them b4 they got on stage ..
now what is greatly unappreciated is not being able to see ur fav. band 'cause they blew up .. can't even go see paramore this yr unless its at afestival
mad.gif

I guess we're all TOO LATE!!!!!! Anywho, like someone said earlier, good music is good music. There are plenty groups/artists/bands that blow up that Iknew about. But me being a fan, I'm happy for them to blow up. Good music needs to be heard and eventually it'll get around. But OneRepublic ain'tgood music son. They suck live.

to dude that said GCH +1 i remember when they played CBGB
I remember when they played a venue here that my band just played at a couple weeks ago...
pimp.gif
Same with Lupe he played a venue here that my band is playing at on April2nd
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But OneRepublic ain't good music son. They suck live.
not a surprise...and anyway

OneRepublic<The Fray<Coldplay<Radiohead

Originally Posted by Scienz of Life

+1

I NEVER said I wanna be exclusive.

Yes, I was wrong in what I said when I started the post...I shouldn't be mad that a lot of people know about them now...
All I'm saying is it makes me mad when people think they "love" the band, but just hopped on the bandwagon...

/thread.

[h2]#41 Indie Musichttp://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/01/30/40-indie-music/[/h2]
January 30, 2008 by clander http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/01/30/40-indie-music/

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/01/30/40-indie-music/
up-3stars.jpg
If you want to understand white people, you need to understand indie music. As mentioned before, white people hate anything that's "mainstream" and are desperate to find things that are more genuine, unique, and reflective of their experiences.

Fortunately, they have independent music.

A white person's iPod (formerly CD collection) is not merely an assemblage of music that they enjoy. It is what defines them as a person. They are always on the look out for the latest hot band that no one has heard of so that one day, they can hit it just right and be into a band BEFORE they are featured in an Apple commercial. To a white person, being a fan of a band before they get popular is one of the most important things they can do with their life. They can hold it over their friends forever!
Spaceland.jpg

Indie music also produces a lot of concerts, for which white people can attend and meet other white people. It's especially useful, since they are attending the same concert, they both like the artist and can easily strike up a conversation that will flow from band at the show->other bands they like->where they went to/go to school->where to get the best vegan food in town->agreement to meet at said restaurant for awkward date.

It is worth noting that white people are expected to stay current with music and go to concerts well into their 40s. Unlike at dance or hip hop clubs, there are few stigmas attached to being the "old guy at the club."

But BE WARNED, talking about Indie Music with white people is perhaps the most dangerous subject you touch upon. One false move and you will lose their respect and admiration forever. Here are some general rules
  • Bands that have had their songs in an Apple ad are still marginally acceptable
  • Bands that have had their songs in ads for other companies are not acceptable
  • If you mention a band you like and the other person has heard of them, you lose. They own you. It is essential that you like the most obscure music possible.
Remember, popular artists can turn unpopular in a heartbeat (Ryan Adams, Bright Eyes, The Strokes), so you would be best to stick to the following statements: "I love the Arcade Fire," "I still think the Montreal scene is the best in the world," "I would die without Stereogum or Fluxblog"* and "Joanna Newsom is maybe the most original artist today."

*-do not substitute Stereogum for Pitchfork, as this is one of those things that used to be cool, but is now not cool.

Image: Spaceland in Silverlake.
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/01/30/40-indie-music/

Posted in Activities, Culture | 122 Comments »

Damn shame...

Originally Posted by jomitm

smh.gif
eyes.gif
grin.gif
tired.gif

you serious b?

if you really was a fan you'd want them to get the recognition they deserve.

like you feel you exclusive and shh cuz you knew about them before? gtfohwtbs.
smh.gif

EXACTLY! _ you ain't special
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wildout4

I hate when my favorite artists get success.
smh.gif

I hate when people like something they just found out about too. Who do they think they are?
smh.gif

Why do you guys always want everything exclusive? if you really liked the band/artists, wouldn't it make sense to get other ppl onto them to share yourmusical tastes? Ego trippin

i understand where you're coming with this
cause you're jamming to their music and you might tell someone about them and they say "oh they wack" and what not but then time passes and thesame person is riding that artist penis hard after they said they were wack
thats how i see it
some people said Wale was wack and the same people who said he was wack now like him

Originally Posted by EBAY 23

i understand where you're coming with this
cause you're jamming to their music and you might tell someone about them and they say "oh they wack" and what not but then time passes and the same person is riding that artist penis hard after they said they were wack
thats how i see it
some people said Wale was wack and the same people who said he was wack now like him

thats a different arguement...thats straight up bandwagonin...or to be fair..they opened up to duke.

People who want artists to forever remain as their favorite little closet enjoyment baffle me. Why can't other people enjoy the music too?

With fans like you, who needs enemies? Get over yourself.
word.

Originally Posted by Mw2889

I don't care about artists becoming popular (everyone listening to them,everyone knows them etc.).

But I cannot stand when someone has a song out and everyone is SINGING it. If you're rapping about street $$#* and your hook is coming out of every soccer mom's mouth, that's not a good look.

I disagree. I don't give a +*@@ who listens to whatever music. If I like it, it's cool.

Back
Top Bottom