Kobe advises '12 team would beat Dream Team

D12 standing with true greatness. Olajuwon is the most humble nba superstar of all time..on and off the court.Lol u think tyson chandler is a hall of famer? Smh

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by prison mike

Originally Posted by hi5red

Reggie Miller = most overrated superstar ever

Kill yourself 10 times.

Reggie's up there in this category.

In the 1993-94 season when Jordan retired, a sophmore Latrell Sprewell made the all-NBA 1st team. A 28 year-old healty Reggier Miller who played all but 3 games that season didn't even make the all-NBA third team. People forget that at his very peak, Reggie Miller barely cracked a top 15 in the league list. He was an all-star 5 times in a 18 season career, a number too small considering the rep he has now. He made the all-NBA third team three times and that was it. Averaged around 3-3.5 rebounds and 3-3.5 assists. Everyone knows about the big shots he hit, and you'd be a moron not to want him on your team for the last shot. But over an entire game, he was overrated.

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

Charles Barkley
Larry Bird
Clyde Drexler
Patrick Ewing
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Christian Laettner
Karl Malone
Chris Mullin
Scottie Pippen
David Robinson
John Stockton. 

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Chris Paul[/color]

Deron Williams
Russell Westbrook
Kobe Bryant
James Harden
LeBron James
Andre Iguodala
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Blake Griffin
Kevin Love
Tyson Chandler 
RED indicates hall-of-fame inductee or who I predict will be in the hall at the end of their career.
Note that both Iggy and Harden are much better than Laettner.

On another note, imagine Dwight Howard on this 2012 team or Olajuwon on that 1992 team
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

dreamdwight.jpg

Yea lets imagine...
Olajuwon would be shaking and baking in and around Dwight all game long. Dwights moves wouldn't even stand a shot, especially if Robinson was in there.

Charles Barkley made a great point, only Kobe, LeBron, and Durant would make the 1992 team.

The physicality, strength, size and fundamentales of the 1992 team would beat the 2012 team, easily.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Because all nba teams and all star appearences matter so much, lol

Oh, I'm sorry. What other criteria other than some huge shots made the legend of Reggie Miller as big as it is today then?

His 20, 3 and 4 averages? Rings? What?

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

Charles Barkley
Larry Bird
Clyde Drexler
Patrick Ewing
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Christian Laettner
Karl Malone
Chris Mullin
Scottie Pippen
David Robinson
John Stockton. 

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Chris Paul[/color]

Deron Williams
Russell Westbrook
Kobe Bryant
James Harden
LeBron James
Andre Iguodala
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony ??..maybe...
Blake Griffin
Kevin Love?? maybe...
Tyson Chandler

RED indicates hall-of-fame inductee or who I predict will be in the hall at the end of their career.
Note that both Iggy and Harden are much better than Laettner.

On another note, imagine Dwight Howard on this 2012 team or Olajuwon on that 1992 team
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

dreamdwight.jpg

Fixed...2012 team has 3 guys going to the HOF IMO...and you know what I'll give you CP3 just for the heck of it so thats 4...maybe. But you really think Blake, Tyson, D-Will and Westbrook are gonna be in the HOF?? They really havent't done anything yet.  They're just all-stars at this point. Yes I know you said "predict" but the guys from the 92 team ARE in the HOF and there were very few question marks as to who was gonna make it to the HOF from that team.
92 team would probably beat 2012 team  9 out of 10 times IMO....I mean look at that roster 
sick.gif

I've already mentioned that I don't think that 12 would have stand a chance against 92, but people really need to stop with these ridiculous stacking up HOFers arguments in favor of the 1992 team. I guess if they called up Kareem and Dr. J. out of retirement like they did with Magic, the legend would've been even bigger.
eyes.gif
Especially if they included Isiah.

When people mention Larry Bird on the 1992 team, do they even know that this was months after the season (his last) where he only played 45 games and was beaten 3-1 in the first round of the playoffs while averaging 11, 5 and 5 that series? Dude was done.

Do people even know that Magic retired (disregarding his 95-96 comeback season much later) after the 90-91 season and the dream team played months after the 91-92 season? The 92 team's legend is mainly centered around Jordan, Magic and Bird. But it's ridiculous how much it's seen as if they were all in their primes. Jordan obviously was. Magic could still play, although he was definitely not the 86-88 Magic. Larry Bird was pretty much DONE.

This is why I think that the 1996 team is the greatest ever and would beat the 1992 team. Short of missing Jordan, the 1996 team is the best possible basketball team of that period. On the other hand, it's funny how the 1992 team is often called as the greatest SPORTS team EVER assembled, but in reality it wasn't even the greatest BASKETBALL team that could've been assembled at THAT time. The greatest possible team at that time is if they included Olajuwon and Wilkins. Olajuwon was not an American citizen and Wilkins was injured. Even disregarding those two, the greatest team that could've been assembled is if they replaced Laettner with Shaq and Bird with Dennis Rodman who was coming off a 18.7 rpg season and would go on to average 18.3 rebounds the following season. There were also many others who you could certainly argue for were good enough to be on the team at that particular time:

Isiah Thomas is mentioned the most even though he was also close to being done.
Tim Hardaway
Derrick Coleman
Joe Dumars
Kevin Johnson
Mitch Richmond
Larry Johnson

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by Charles Schwag

The 2012 Miami Heat are better than the '92 dream team

2012 Miami heat > 1992 Olympic dream team Barcelona
That 92 Olympic team played Angola, Croatia, lithuania....that's the competition?
Lebron James is better than anyone on that 92 dream team.

'12 Olympic team > '92 dream teamDurant, Melo, Kobe, Bron >>>> magic, Jordan, bird, Barkley

Cosine Larry bird being overrated....

Bird was the great white hope....jimmer freddette, Tim tebow...Amerikkka force fed us those lames

Larry bird was trash...

Okay, I'm probably the last ++#$+ on the Internet to see that GIF but that had me 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

+1 For execution too...
pimp.gif

I think an argument can be made either way.  But I would take '92

I don't see Blake or K-Love d-ing up on Barkley
I don't see Tyson Chandler stopping Ewing or David Robinson

Scottie Pippen was an excellent defender he can take KD or LBJ
Stockton being a pass first PG i think helps the 92 team which the 2012 team really doesn't have but I do think Derron Williams and CP are exceptional PG's
Kobe is older so was Magic at the time.
Bird didn't even play but people disrespect Chris Mullin dude was a baller.

Then you have Drexler and Malone really comparing to Melo and Harden
I think Bron would obviously pose a problem but he is the best player on the planet right now.

But if this game was possible ever.  Like time machine was invented....MJ wouldn't let the Dream-Tream lose

I'd like to say 2012 would take it but I can't go with Michael J. Jordan to lose *@@* I gotta give it to 92 stricky because its Mj + world class ballers = no way He loses

Karl Malone nd Sir Charles would eat against the 2012 front line too

Originally Posted by prison mike

Originally Posted by hi5red

Reggie Miller = most overrated superstar ever

Kill yourself 10 times.

Reggie's up there in this category.

In the 1993-94 season when Jordan retired, a sophmore Latrell Sprewell made the all-NBA 1st team. A 28 year-old healty Reggier Miller who played all but 3 games that season didn't even make the all-NBA third team. People forget that at his very peak, Reggie Miller barely cracked a top 15 in the league list. He was an all-star 5 times in a 18 season career, a number too small considering the rep he has now. He made the all-NBA third team three times and that was it. Averaged around 3-3.5 rebounds and 3-3.5 assists. Everyone knows about the big shots he hit, and you'd be a moron not to want him on your team for the last shot. But over an entire game, he was overrated.
This right here is so much truth.  I grew up in Indiana and the only time you feared Reggie is if he has 15+ in the first quarter and the beginning of every 4th quarter at home.

Jordan + front line ... don't need to use all 12 players ... 1 game ... sit bird and CL ... magic will still give em probs ...

prime jordan vs. this kobe
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
... yall are hilarious ... let's not even get started on barkley ...

When Kobe was talking about this, one thing he said was that he would guard Jordan and LeBron would guard Magic.  But tbh, isn't LeBron more of the same size of Malone.  I don't see how either could guard eachother though.  Malone can't defend on the perimeter and LeBron would get destroyed guarding Malone CONSTANTLY in the paint not in stretches.  Even to top that who would guard Barkley, 6'4 at most and not scared of anybody.  I don't see a defender on this team that can guard him really.

im biased simply because of my age. however, i truly believe the Dream Team would beat the current Olympic team in a best of seven series all day.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

12 has about 4 AWFUL defenders on their squad . 92 has 0

Right cause laettner was a lock down defender.y'all forgetting that players back then had it a lot easier and players from this generation are a lot more versatile and faster.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Right cause laettner was a lock down defender.y'all forgetting that players back then had it a lot easier and players from this generation are a lot more versatile and faster.
Have you seen 80s and 90s NBA games. Paul pierce would have been taken out of a stretcher instead of wheelchair.

athletes are faster, stronger, etc etc....it's not crazy to assume that the '12 team would win. the 2024 team will probably be better than the 2012 team. unless there's just a complete drop off in nba talent.

Originally Posted by wcghost

Let's not act like an ailing Bird, Chris Mullin, a rookie Laettner would be doing anything effective against Lebron, KD, or even Iggy. 

laettner is only playing if there is a blowout.. and as much as i like KD, let's not act like he's a world class defendor or anything

mullin and bird were shooters on this squad (hell those guys are great shooters on any squad.. you really should go look at how good those 2 guys were at it

and let's completely forget about the other 9 players on the '92 team.. it's not like it had jordan or anything

or a frontline that contained: robinson, ewing, barkley and malone

Originally Posted by wcghost

Even as a personal Kobe hater, he held his own against MJ. 

when?

kobe came in the league (1996) when jordan would have been 33.. and on his way to the start of his second 3peat

and as far the olympics go, in 1992 jordan was 29.. kobe will be 34 in august

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

please elaborate

I've already mentioned that I don't think that 12 would have stand a chance against 92, but people really need to stop with these ridiculous stacking up HOFers arguments in favor of the 1992 team. I guess if they called up Kareem and Dr. J. out of retirement like they did with Magic, the legend would've been even bigger.
eyes.gif
Especially if they included Isiah.

When people mention Larry Bird on the 1992 team, do they even know that this was months after the season (his last) where he only played 45 games and was beaten 3-1 in the first round of the playoffs while averaging 11, 5 and 5 that series? Dude was done.

Do people even know that Magic retired (disregarding his 95-96 comeback season much later) after the 90-91 season and the dream team played months after the 91-92 season? The 92 team's legend is mainly centered around Jordan, Magic and Bird. But it's ridiculous how much it's seen as if they were all in their primes. Jordan obviously was. Magic could still play, although he was definitely not the 86-88 Magic. Larry Bird was pretty much DONE.

This is why I think that the 1996 team is the greatest ever and would beat the 1992 team. Short of missing Jordan, the 1996 team is the best possible basketball team of that period. On the other hand, it's funny how the 1992 team is often called as the greatest SPORTS team EVER assembled, but in reality it wasn't even the greatest BASKETBALL team that could've been assembled at THAT time. The greatest possible team at that time is if they included Olajuwon and Wilkins. Olajuwon was not an American citizen and Wilkins was injured. Even disregarding those two, the greatest team that could've been assembled is if they replaced Laettner with Shaq and Bird with Dennis Rodman who was coming off a 18.7 rpg season and would go on to average 18.3 rebounds the following season. There were also many others who you could certainly argue for were good enough to be on the team at that particular time:

Isiah Thomas is mentioned the most even though he was also close to being done.
Tim Hardaway
Derrick Coleman
Joe Dumars
Kevin Johnson
Mitch Richmond
Larry Johnson
dude averaged 20 and 10 for the season though

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

athletes are faster, stronger, etc etc....it's not crazy to assume that the '12 team would win. the 2024 team will probably be better than the 2012 team. unless there's just a complete drop off in nba talent.

what makes you think this?  Barkley, Drexler, Malone, Jordan, Rodman, Robinson and Ewing werent great athletes?  Dudes watch a couple Sportscenter Top 10s and go crazy

[table][tr][th=""]
USA Basketball: 2012 vs. 2008
[/th][/tr][tr][th=""] Matchup[/th][th=""]Win%[/th][th=""]Avg PPG[/th][th=""]
                                                                                                                                                      [/th][/tr][tr][td]2012 USA Basketball        [/td][td]45.8[/td][td]110.3[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2008 Redeem Team[/td][td]54.2[/td][td]111.1[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Redeem Team squeaks by the current crop of NBA stars 54.2 percent of the time by an average margin of 111-110. The perceived flaw of the 2012 frontcourt manifested its' ugly head as Howard (14.4 points, 11.5 rebounds in the simulation run) and Bosh (14.8 points, 7.5 boards) had their way in the post. Also as expected, the production from the 2008 two-guard spot was more proficient (24.8 points from Bryant-Wade-Redd vs. 22.5 points via Bryant-Harden-Iguodala) and efficient (46.6 percent shooting against 43.3 percent). LeBron paced the 2012 company with 18.4 points, 6.9 rebounds and 5.8 dimes, though his 2008 prototype wasn't too shabby either with 16.6 points, 6.1 boards and 5.7 assists.

Aint even better then the Redeem Team, have'nt won gold yet, and people already saying they're better then the greatest Olympic squad assembled. Some people need to stop using their fantasies, and see facts. Half the reason most cats fail to realize how real the Dream Team was, is because they havent seen the old generation play.

Back
Top Bottom