Kobe Bryant Student Mj Teacher Video

Back when the Lakers were lovable, did anyone else peep Jordan forcing Pippen to switch off, "You take him"
laugh.gif

For a season with no Championship, 1997-1998 was pretty sweet here in LA. We got to see Kobe and along with Eddie Jones, Nick Van Exel and Shaq make theallstar team, we saw 62 regular season victories, we saw them blow out the World Champion Bulls as well as other elite NBA teams, we saw them man handle theSuper Sonics in the Semis. It ended on a very bad note, getting sweept by Utah but even after that you went into the summer knowing that it will only be matterof time until that core group, based around Shaq and Kobe would win a Championship.

wow great vid, i havn't seen that one before, I've seen the first match up, but not a nbc thingy about it, very interesting.
It is a Classic.
and , Young Kobe was cool.

Funny. Listening to Bob Costas raise the question so far back then about how Shaq and Kobe would co-exist from a number of shots perspective.

I have this classic game saved to my external hard drive.

Classic game in 98.

Lakeshow beat Da Bulls !

Isiah really got to put all his behind-the-scenes basketball knowledge he preaches about in the vid to the test later on. That worked out well.

I still don't understand how deadly MJ was. His movement seems so fluid and precise. The game really slows down for him, while Kobe's is chaotic,really like a snake slithering through the defense. You gotta have seen MJ play to appreciate his technique and motion. The fade, the one handed palm, and eventhe tongue are all pictures forever engraved in my head.

Interesting. I think I have this game because I remember I taped it. Didn't the Lakers win by a blow-out against the Bulls on what it was supposedlyMJ's last game at the Forum?

ive beeeeeeen sayin. KOBE IS THE CLOSET THING TO MJ PERIOD. not lebron
smh.gif

kobe is the ONLY comparable to MJ. i hate hearin all this "ohh lebron is the next big thing blah blah blah bull ++%@".
first of all, has lebron EVER played with MJ to even be compared in game??
is lebron's game any close to where kobe's in lebron's second year?

i always felt kobe is probably the 2nd best player ever in the nba...or at least he STILL has potential to be.

Lebron in the long run will be better than KOBE statistically and as a basketball player, brute strength and power, not mention uncanny court vision. Buthe's more of a Wilt/freakish SG/SF, so his numbers will blow Kobe's statiscal categories out of the water in terms of totals but perhaps not offensivesingle game brilliance. In terms of resemblance to Jordan, Kobe's game is the closest thing to date...but pay close attention to speed. MJ makes plays asif its in slow motion, while Kobe has to exert alot of energy to shed defenders. Does this mean Kobe is slower and weaker than Jordan, or Jordan is just thatmore efficient and fluid in his motions. Debatable.

"They were ice cold in Golden State. They somehow managed to win..."

good ol' Warriors.. haven't changed a bit.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

man it's so interesting to watch these old clips and here ppl guess about the future. How would Kobe get 25 shots a game? Ship Shaq out.

Back
Top Bottom