Kobe IV and Hyperdunk -Question?-

I like the overall design of both shoes, but before I pull the trigger they seem very flimsy and break down easily upon a few wears... So my questions are:

1) How many wearings (approx.) can each pair hold before they completely breakdown and can't be worn for ball? Does the shoe really rip apart after a fewgames?

2) Are they less durable for ball than just casual wear?

3) What is "bottom-out"? How does it feel under your feet when they've bottomed-out?

... I'm really reluctant to try since I've been having Kobe I's and shox xplosive's in my rotation

Thanks in advance !

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

I like the overall design of both shoes, but before I pull the trigger they seem very flimsy and break down easily upon a few wears... So my questions are:

1) How many wearings (approx.) can each pair hold before they completely breakdown and can't be worn for ball? Does the shoe really rip apart after a few games?
I think it's different for almost all people, but for me the HD is still going strong and that's after 3 months at least 3 times a week of indoor balling, they are definitely not as soft as the first month but they have not bottomed out for me. the KB4's I've had for 2 weeks and they are amazing and seem to be holding up well. But they are low tops so I expect that after 2 months the collar might loosen up but it'll be a hell of a ride there.

2) Are they less durable for ball than just casual wear?
Depends if you play indoors or out, I wouldn't recommend these for outdoors, either one just get some beaters for that. they are durable but that's not the strong point, if you need super durable get foams or some outdoor stuff that's heavier. these shoes are super light and I think made for super quick players on very nice indoor courts.

3) What is "bottom-out"? How does it feel under your feet when they've bottomed-out?
When you cut hard you can feel the cushioning bite back and give, you might end up w/ blisters for the first time while in the shoes. It's hard to explain, I think you will know when you do it. I don't think big guys do it much but as a small guard I do it to shoes all the time as soon as 2 months some shoes even the zoom ones start bottoming out for me. but neither of these have... and tons of people say they have but I'm having a different experience.

Both of these I think are the creme of the crop.. the best newest softest lightest shoes out there and prove w/out a doubt who's the leader of the pack. Adidas can't make shoes this good for at least 10 years, Reebok can't even imagine shoes this good, And 1.. uhh are they still around? Amazing shoes for quicker superior players, not so great for big slow guys though.

... I'm really reluctant to try since I've been having Kobe I's and shox xplosive's in my rotation

Thanks in advance !

While I can't give you the exact measurements you were inquiring about, I personally feel like while Lunar Foam isn't the best, Nike tuned it abit forthe Kobe 4. It does last longer than the HD.

Back
Top Bottom