KOBE IV OWNERS POLL. VOL YEH OR NAY ?????????????????

Shoes are good, not great performance wise. Looks wise, they are sweet. Traction is better than average but not as good as the ZKI.
As far as bottoming out, I bottom out all the time especially on cuts side to side. My foot feels like it is touching the floor!

BEST and LIGHTEST shoe I've worn to date. Similar to the Jordan XIV but more traction and its extremely light. Overall best back for your buck and the bestlow cut shoe for me. Have not rolled an ankle once.

I always had concerns about the Kobe IV because Kobe gets his ankles taped before every game and he gets a fresh pair every game so how will they hold up foran average joe?

^all NBA players get there ankles taped, but i tried this on once and i wasnt impressed, i felt like the huarache 09s and zoom flight clubs felt better.

Originally Posted by Kurmelo31

I always had concerns about the Kobe IV because Kobe gets his ankles taped before every game and he gets a fresh pair every game so how will they hold up for an average joe?
same here man, i have one and i dont think its gonna last as long as my other shoes. as for the taped ankles, maybe im just not used to the lowsyet but they feel comfortable.

been using my POPs since apr 1. i play 2 to 3 times a week on outdoor courts. i also use them in the gym and running. traction is superb. cushioning in theforefoot has died down a bit. the midsole is badly creased. i'm only 5'7" and around 144lbs. i plan on using them only until june. will try thezoom MVPs next.
smile.gif

play in them all the time. they will feel funny once you put them on and play, but they are so comfortable. They really hug your lower ankle.

You think if you put a zoom air insole and take the other ones out that it would be better?

Got the Carpe Diem's the first day, and I would say probably about 25 wearings of 3-5 games each, full court games, to fifteen. Last night after I wasdone, I had painful shin aches (not yet shin splints, bt I can feel it coming on). Kind of disappointed, but I knew it was coming. After market insoles, here Icome.

This shoes is very comfortable if you buy it 1/2 size bigger or 1 size bigger. Great shoes for slasher/ shooting guard

dope shoes. and the fact that you can i.d. a signature player shoe is crazy. about the lunar foam, i haven't had any problems. i'm 5'10 and 160.

Originally Posted by duke4005

Got the Carpe Diem's the first day, and I would say probably about 25 wearings of 3-5 games each, full court games, to fifteen. Last night after I was done, I had painful shin aches (not yet shin splints, bt I can feel it coming on). Kind of disappointed, but I knew it was coming. After market insoles, here I come.
I think they fulfilled their purpose for you. To put it in perspective, a running shoe should be replaced after 3-4 months or about 350 miles. Basketball shoes don't last as long because you run/slash/stop on a dime. People just have a hard time because they still think the shoe is in decentshape, but the part that's worn down is not visible to the naked eye.

Yeah, I didn't come across real clear. I wasn't disappointed with the shoe, it performed great for alot longer than I anticipated knowing about theLunar "problems" in the hyperdunk. I was just disappointed I now have to retire them or search for a set of insoles that feel like they should inthese. Still a great shoe, regardless, and I will now break out my POP or Del Sol's.

Yes. if you put in Different INsoles like me cause i got bad feet, they will last forever. I played in them and wore them for bout 3 months till theydidn't fit me no more and they could still be used without a problem.

Originally Posted by jman8811

Has anyone tried the Soldier III by any chance? I know it's off subject but any info would help......
yes.. they are good too.. but they run a bit narrow on the toe box. i suggest buy .5 size bigger.

zkivs are great, one of the best ever imo. until the shin splints start coming on, then it is time to move on. I just took my carpe diems out of the bbrotation.

so now i have my two pairs of zoom bbs and my creators as my main shoes. but i still have my zkiv IDs...haven't balled in them yet since I purchased themmainly for casual wear. But i don't think I can hold out much longer now that the forefoot cushioning in my CDs is gone. I need those IVs in my rotation,they are awesome while they last. very stable, great courtfeel, super light. traction is good. Just all around awesome.

can anyone compare the zoom bb lows and the zkivs, in terms of stability? my experience with the ivs has emboldened me to look into other performance lows.

Back
Top Bottom