Kobe IV vs. Lebron VI

Kobe IVs FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Lebron VI is a pretty damned boring shoe. How does the line go from icy soles with foamposite technology (the Lebron IVs) to the blandness that are the6s? Lebron's Sig line has literally gone backwards in design to simple and boxy. It really is a MAJOR lapse in judgement for the folks over at Nike tomake a crappy shoe for the game's best player. (And really, why do they care, Lebron's shoes will sell regardless. Why aim higher to make the leap topop culture phenomenon?)

In regards to the Kobe line, well at least people are getting creative with it. Low top, flywire tech, lunar foam, icy soles, lots of bells and whistles thatcome with sig shoes are present. The Kobe's are pretty kick A.

Well.. my 2 cents.

I dont like the design of the Kobe's but they use better materials.

However the Lebron has a better (safe) design with too many different materials but the Leather used is poo poo by far compared to the Kobes.

Maybe some consistency in sizing and material use should be thought of when producing ALL Nike Basketball shoes.

Eh?

from a tech perspective the edge has to go to the kobe IV, so light and with the same zoom cushioning system. A little bit of preference and position comesto play though (do you like high or low tops, speed player or power) but i have tried both and prefer kobe's

^^Negative my man.

Kobe. Zoom with Lunar.

Bron - Triple Stack Zoom

Big Difference.

^
Word,
all your basically getting with the Kobe is a lighter shoe with less lunar foam then the HD.

Triple stack zoom a little extra weight.

And a mid cut,
it's all about preference, and I can't wait to try them both out

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

^
Word,
all your basically getting with the Kobe is a lighter shoe with less lunar foam then the HD.

Triple stack zoom a little extra weight.

And a mid cut,
it's all about preference, and I can't wait to try them both out

ha injuries blow don't they? When I broke my finger I got pretty depressed in the couple months I couldn't ball or lift, it took that realizing howmuch I need to exercise to stay happy/healthy.

Nobody will ever convince me that "from a tech perspective the edge has to go to the kobe IV" when it has the Lunar inside.
It's new YES. But it's also really BAD!

Zoom Air FTW! Simple as that.

kobes absolutely some of the most well designed basketball shoes ive ever seen... the lebrons are like boots

Originally Posted by kaczalas

Nobody will ever convince me that "from a tech perspective the edge has to go to the kobe IV" when it has the Lunar inside.
It's new YES. But it's also really BAD!

Zoom Air FTW! Simple as that.
Exactly..

When Technology starts going the way of performance and not gimmick you will have a functional well designed performance basketball shoe.

Upper - Hyper/BB1/2k3
Technology- Zoom/ Double Stack Zoom
Marketing - Basketball performance
Pricepoint - $110

Signature or not...

Sell Performance not a Gimmick

RockDeep can't put it anymore better.

It will come down to a personal reference . For me i prefer Kobe for its lightweight and flexibility.

kobe IV looks alot more lighter on the feet than the lebron VIs
tired.gif

The Kobe IVs, and I havent even worn the LBJ's. I hate shoes that are heavy and clunky, which all lebron shoes have been. The kobe Iv have been prettyamazing, the traction started off not well, but after about my 5th wearing, they do the trick. best shoe Ive ever worn for fit and comfort.

I'm so sick of the Kobe Lebron comparison. Now we're doing the shoes. I've played in LBJ IVs and they were nice. They were too heavy for me buta good shoe. I tried the LBJ VI on and really liked it. It was comfy. I have not been in Kobe IVs or Hyperdunks so I don't know about this Lunar stuff. I personally like the ZKII. My Carpe Diems are on the way so I'll see soon enough. It'hard for me to find anything more comfy than the AJ XX2sthough.

COOK # 45
get fit.

PERSONALLY I LIKE A LITE WEIGHT SHOE WITH LOTS OF MOVEMENT AROUND THE FOOT AND ANKLE A SLEAK SHOE THATS NOT HAEVY AND NOT TO HIGH ON THE ANKELS ILL GO WITH THEKOBE IV...THE LEBRONS LOOK A LITTLE TO HIGH BUT THE LEBRONS R MORE FOR PLAYERS WITH POWER THE KOBE'S ARE FOR SPEED AND PLUS WITH THE KOBE IV U CAN GO WITHSO MANY COLORWAYS THE LEBRON COLORWAYS R WAY TO SIMPLE THE KOBE IV'S TAKE RISKS WITH THE COLORWAYS...
glasses.gif

Why does everyone keep saying the lebrons are heavy ? They are a sturdy shoe, but they are not heavier then the run of the mill basketball shoe. They are notlight, but the few extra ounces are more then compensated for with the stability the shoe provides. I am 6' guard between 220 and 230lbs and thelebron's could not be more perfect for a guy my size. I play the point (ya ya 220lb point guard jokes I get all the time) and I never feel like I amsacrifing anything when playing in my lebrons. Look at dfish he is always playing in full length max air, if you have any size to you the added comfort is a nobrainer, especially with the weight increase being minimal. The only downsize I have found, is when running and looking down, you do kind of take a second andthink o sh*t why am I wearing boots. Plus who wants to guard a 6' 220 lb pg in the post with a pair of boots on !!!!lol... Now if you are a light playerand like low tops and don't need a whole lot of cushioning or support, then you would probably gravitate towards the kobes.

I truly think Weight issues for Footwear is a non factor for most REAL basketball players. To tell me you feel the difference in a few ounces is crazy if youdon't realize you are sacrificing stability and comfort.

Give me a heavier shoe with Ankle protection and my feet feel like there is a Mattress underneath ANYDAY over a shoe I feel like is barely there.

If I wanted that.. I'd wear socks on the court with tape underneath

^ Good point, RockDeep. I think people are making waaaay too big of an issue over a couple of ounces. I admit, the heaviest bball shoe I think I own are theLebron IVs - and they are noticeably heavier compared to my Hyperdunks, for example. But when something like 1 1/2 or 2 ounces separate shoes - how much canthat possibly affect your game, if you're any good?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by RockDeep

I truly think Weight issues for Footwear is a non factor for most REAL basketball players. To tell me you feel the difference in a few ounces is crazy if you don't realize you are sacrificing stability and comfort.

Give me a heavier shoe with Ankle protection and my feet feel like there is a Mattress underneath ANYDAY over a shoe I feel like is barely there.

Sorry Rock, but when your game relies on quickness, change of direction, and explosiveness, every ounce does count. Even if it's just a mental thing, whenyour bread and butter relies on such factors, I do not want a shoe that I feel is clunky on my foot. Not saying that LBJ6s are heavy, but I tried playing withthe mentality that what I wear doesn't matter and gave the LBJ4s and Foam Ones a shot....but through this experiment I found that weight is a significantfactor for me.

Originally Posted by mortalitas

^ Good point, RockDeep. I think people are making waaaay too big of an issue over a couple of ounces. I admit, the heaviest bball shoe I think I own are the Lebron IVs - and they are noticeably heavier compared to my Hyperdunks, for example. But when something like 1 1/2 or 2 ounces separate shoes - how much can that possibly affect your game, if you're any good?
smile.gif

I used to think that too, but once I got the Nike Hyper Flight (not exactly sure of the name) I felt I was a lot quicker around the court. It just game me thefeeling everything I did was just a little bit quicker. From then on I have not gotten a full length max air shoe.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

I truly think Weight issues for Footwear is a non factor for most REAL basketball players. To tell me you feel the difference in a few ounces is crazy if you don't realize you are sacrificing stability and comfort.

Cant agree more. people say the Lerbron IVs and Penny Foams are heavy as hell but they admit here are the most comfortable shoes they ever wore. the bouncynessof the Zoom in those definitly outweighs the heaviness of these shoes

Also i got a shoe we could throw in the mix-- NIKE SHOX VC2-- one of the best that needs to be retroed. these are heavy but they had me jumping like VCthen/Lebron now no lie, i really did jump too high (head was above the rim).

Back
Top Bottom