Kobe More Valuable to Nike than LeBron?

Kobe doesn't even get his own shoe box.... and there are wayy more lebron gears than kobes. Backpack, socks, headbands, baller bands, etc. If kobe was moreimportant and more marketable, why not have gears like that for kobe instead of lebron?

^^
you havent been to asia... i heard kobe has his own nike jock strap with his symbol right on the middle. and word has it that he has his own Nike deodorant

Kidskillz858 wrote:
Look I give credit where credit is due sure getting to the the NBA Finals 2 years ago was great but then again what did he do in the Finals? Got swept & shot under 40% that year in the finals. Also if Lebron and the Cavs were playing in the Western Conference there is no way he makes it to the Finals or even gets passed the 1st round with that Cavs team or his current team. Just look at the type of record the Warriors had last year and they still couldn't make it out of the West last season.

What I mean by hype is the guy has talent and sure he puts up great stats every season but then again does he play lock down D or has he made all defensive squads like Kobe?Is his jumper, midrange jumper game, and 3 point range as good as Kobe's? Has he made clutch shots or even tried clutch shots when the game is on the line? Heck Lebron shot 71% from the FT line last year and I still see him tossing up plenty of bricks when he's at the charity stripe when games are close down the line. There are center's in the NBA who have better FT shooting %'s than him.

lets not bash on lebron now. we are talking about a 24 year old.

bottom line is...................................

Kobe over any player that has ever played the game. and hell yeah im including Jordan.
i watched both of these guys play, if you placed Jordan in this NBA era... he would be just another T-MAC amongst the garnetts, ginoblis, wades, lebrons,iversons, carmelos, cry baby pierces, and so on ...

KOBE sets records with the talent that we have now.

*EDIT* - MY OPINION

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Real talk here EVERYTHING about Lebron on and off the court has been HYPE.

Ever since he was in high school his game on the court has been HYPED up by ESPN, SI SLAM, and all of the major media.

Off the court he's been HYPED up by NIKE, Sprite, and other major brands.

I've never liked any of his signature shoe or clothing line. His shoes IMO all look like they're boots.
Whaaaat?

You're my boy and all Jonathan but that's haterade right there.

Granted, Bron does get mad hype but he lives up to it. That's serious. If you can't see that his game is that good and it parallels the hype he gets,that's hate. You're entitled to your opinion and how you feel, but Bron is that dude and he's just as valuable to Nike as Kobe is.

Nike's marketing on Bron is warranted. He is the future. There's no doubt about it. His game is far from hype.

AZGs, Bron IIs, Bron IVs, and the VIs are all fire IMO. His clothing line is pretty decent as well.

Kobe over any player that has ever played the game. and hell yeah im including Jordan.
i watched both of these guys play, if you placed Jordan in this NBA era... he would be just another T-MAC amongst the garnetts, ginoblis, wades, lebrons, iversons, carmelos, cry baby pierces, and so on ...
indifferent.gif

Seriously, step away from the crack because you're talking wreckless.

just going off this past olympics with the jerseys and the shoes...lebron's are still available while the kobe's sold out on release day.

They are both valuable....Kobe and Lebron are the 2 best players in the world and Nike knows that so I think Nike should market them equally

Originally Posted by AIR 96st

Well, they use Kobe to debut new Nikes, but they're not signature shoes.. Yes he has his own line, but it's small compared to LeBrons... LeBron's line reminds me of Jordans line, mutiple kicks, clothing and accessories (bags, watches). Kobe has just 1 sig shoe and some clothing.

Umm what are you talking about? The Zoom Kobe II's had three different versions, the Sheaths, the strengths, and the Lite's. He also has a clothingline with NIKE, hoodies, shorts, warm up pants, shooting shirts, track jackets & pants,

Originally Posted by Kurmelo31

Without a doubt lebron is carrying nike on his back with the support of kobe lebron james after tiger woods is the most marketable player in the world I dont want to bring it up but Kobe's rape charges hurt him in a marketing aspect. On the court i would say kobe is better but in terms of being marketable lebron hands down. I work at Champs and we sell out of Lebron Shoes and gear the demand for kobe just isnt as high period
Champs doesn't carry the Kobe Line here in CA....only footlocker and Niketown...at the local Champs all of the lebrons are always on sale andin stock....

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

I'd go with Lebron, for one simple fact: he's younger.

Kobe is what, 32? And we're only on the Kobe IV, if you don't include the 2K4 and 2K5 as his sig. shoe.

Lebron is 23, 24? And we're at the Lebron VI. His line has just started, and a lot of his shoes have been questionable so far. Lots of potential.

I look at it this way, if I'm a rival company and I can choose one of these players to move to my brand today (by their own free will of course), I'm taking Lebron.
he's 30. imo, every single one of lebron's sig shoes have been ugly so far. but that's just my opinion. and you DO have to include 2k4 and 2k5 as his sig shoe if people are considering hyperdunks his sig shoe.

2k4, 2k5, & Hyperdunks are NOT "Kobes".

promoting a shoe is different from a signature shoe.

2k4/5 and hyperdunks = nike basketball

Id also say both are important to Nike equally. Kobe is the face of the NBA, in exchange, Nike uses him to promote basketball shoes Nike releases ex. Hyperdunks. Lebron is important in the long run because sooner or later, he will become a huge asset and face of an NBA thats expanding oversees. Why else would Nike be releasing "China" cws of every sig shoe he releases? And Kobe being 30 can make a difference in how long the brand will last. Lets say he has a good 5-6 years to go. His sig shoe ends at Kobe 9/10. LeBron is basically 3/4 years off of Kobes last sig and will be 27/28 which i would believe or could be his prime. I dont know though, but it seems to me that both are important; Kobe = now, Lebron = future.

Let's get the record straight. If the 2K4', 2K5's, and the Hyperdunks are not Kobe Signature Shoes, then neither are the AZG.
tired.gif

I do consider the 2K4 and 5 to be "Kobes" shoes, but you DEF can't say that the AZG wasn't a Bron shoe. Tons of players were rocking the 2kseries while Bron was the ONLY dude (for the most part) wearing AZG's. All generations had the Bron logo while some of the 2k's didn't haveKobe's.

While I DO agree on those shoes being a Kobe sig, you most def can't make the argument that the AZG WAS NOT a LeBron shoe.

i would have to agree because LeBron and Kobe are the face of Nike Basketball but just remember they signed kobe beofre they signed lebron but after the rapechargers the kobe got the had to keep him on the down low so all the had was lebron. so tech lebron was lucky because if not kobe would have been riding onalot more

2k4 2k5 HD weren't made for kobe. It was made for EVERYBODY. Azg was made for lebron and that's why he only wore it. 2k4 2k5 and HD had PEs for kobejust like everybody else. Kobe was just the guy to promote it.

2k4 2k5 HD weren't made for kobe. It was made for EVERYBODY.
I have to disagree. Although Kobe may not have been fully involved in the design of the 2K4, I do believe it would have been the ZK1 had Kobe nothad his incident in CO, afterall, the 2K4 samples had an 8-ball on the external heel couter instead of the huarache logo. For the 2K4 AND the 2K5, Kobe was theone to debut them at the all-star game, and he always had the most creative PEs while evryone else, not counting Raja Bell's recent PEs, wore generic teamcolorways.

And how many GENERAL RELEASE 2K4s and 2K5s have had Kobe's name on them? how many with some else's name?

definitely lebron....it's been pretty much stated already, buy kobe is getting up there. lebron
is young and nike is definitley going to push him in the direction of jordan. obviously, not his
skill set, but in their marketing efforts....you will start to see this with all these lebron VI
and many other commericals to come. plus, the basketball category has confirmed it!

I can write a book about this, as for numbers and more feel for the guard shoe which most folks are. The tables have turned and the Zoom Kobe line is now thefront runner of the pack, It's here Kobes shoes will still be even made I think after he retires ala Jordan and has Team Kobes and the clothing is farsuperior than Lebrons. If the long run Lebron will make some moments as well, if he can get some of his bravado out of him. Both are good for the world, andNike Basketball they make the globe see what it is to be the best in the game and bring the best products to the table. Right now, I would focus on Kobe if Iwas Nike its his "prime years" 30-35 is when the player really goes into a level where he understands the whole game and knows what to do and how todo it.

V

kobe is more valuable because he has the rings, mvp and many more. lbj still young and still has to prove himself at the nba

The tables have turned and the Zoom Kobe line is now the front runner of the pack, It's here Kobes shoes will still be even made I think after he retires ala Jordan and has Team Kobes and the clothing is far superior than Lebrons.
Source? Or is that just your opinion?

I with V... I could go on forever about this... but from here its debateable. From Campus its called desperation for something to happen to get a foot hold asstrong as Jordan has had on the Market even when people are buying $100 + shoes like they used to...

V.. we need another interview.. lol

The 2K4 and 2K5 were actually designed for Kobe or designed with Kobe in mind. That is the samething that happened with the Hyperdunks. They were designed withKobe in mind. The 2K4 were suppose to be the Kobe 1 but the rape charge messed that up. The 2K5 took inspiration from a Great White Shark. Somehow Eric Avarmade the connection between Kobe and a Great White. Had it not been for Kobe's legal situation he would have the best shoes of the decade. The 2K4 and 2K5are classics.

bottom line...globally, kobe just pulls in more money and that gives kobe more pull

right now it's hard to choose. I'm thinking Kobe by just a little because of how massive his Asian
market is. you drop anything kobe in asia and it will vanish.

Back
Top Bottom