Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

:lol: :lol: yeah @jacktown83 it was intentional.

And to people asking what the consensus is I think you need to try on if you have a local HoH. These are slightly longer than the IX flyknit low which I thought were a little tight. I think .5 size down will be too snug for some. Probably would have been too snug for me but I didn't try on just sent with my normal 11.

Last edited:
They feel so ******* perfect.

Thank you God that I finally found a shoe since the 8's that actually feel like they're gonna feel great on the court, and look good.

Saw the All-Stars in person too and they look really nice. I know I'm gonna want the purple pair too but I think I may hold off cause I'm DEFINITELY getting that orange Suns looking pair.

I ordered a pair to see how they fit instead of going by what the forum says. $180 for a loaner for a week or two is like renting a lambo lol

I'm really trying to prevent myself from going to the mall to get a pair of these. But man they're so fire.. I just can't get with the Nike wave of raising all their prices to damn near $200.
Same here after burning all my money with Js and the 9. I try to tell myself this time gonna buy only limited release but every times I see them pics only or even this morning I see it in person, I almost can't stop myself ti get one.

Copped a pair this morning.

Here are my initial thoughts:

Aesthetically these shoes are simple.  I like simple.  The sleek lines work well with the low cut.  The BL colorway is eye-popping and even better in person...

The shoe is fairly narrow pretty much throughout, which obviously suits those with a narrow foot.  When tied up the shoe provides a decent lock-down feel but I could feel a little heel slip - which may disappear once the shoe has been worn a few times etc.  I don't think the heel-slip issue is too much of a negative preventing one form purchasing the shoe.  

The lunar + zoom air combo on first approach is decent.  You can feel the response in the forefoot and heel.  It's relatively low to the ground and that first impression of being a 'boat' is quickly diminished.  I haven't balled in these yet, but I've ran around the house like a mad-man doing cuts etc similar to what would happen on the court lol - and the shoe is fairly stable.  The lateral carbon 'clip' also seems to prove it's worth for now.  The material on the upper is some sort of text tile, seems sturdy but not exactly breathable material - could be issues with ventilation later on. The tongue itself features several ventilation holes - so this will certainly help.  They aren't the lightest kicks out there, but certainly ain't heavy at all.

The translucent sole is sticky.  It's hard to describe the feel, but it's almost like a hairbrush or toothbrush.  Replace the bristles with plastic bristles and run your fingers through it.  I think these will either be a hit or miss on a wooden court - i'm leaning towards a hit.  In my experience most translucent soles do well in terms of traction when given a herringbone pattern.  

I really want to push these kicks out on the hardwood and see if they compare to the 8's or 2K4s (i haven't balled in the 9's).  I'm a PG so i'm looking to see how these will react on quick lateral cuts, quick changes of movement and random foot strikes lol.

Hoping to get a run out tomorrow (pre-season here) so i'll give these a go a get back to you all..

Didn't get a full 5-on-5 session, but did have a good shoot around, quick cuts etc..

Forefoot Lunar is very responsive and did an adequate job of supporting me as I landed. The zoom unit in the heel isn't as responsive but firm and noticeable. The shoe is a little higher off the ground but stable.

I still maintained that lockdown feel when laced up. The lateral outrigger and carbon clip did a good job when pushing off laterally. That part of the shoe feels solid. There is little to no movement when pivoting and pushing off. Some folks were concerned that the textile material wouldn't be flexible and would dig into your foot. I felt nothing like that on my first wear. The shoe flexes as normal and there isn't any pain. I think this shoe will crease beautifully if such thing.

The traction is good. What I've noticed is that when you do little easy push offs you won't hear a squeak etc.. but you won't slip. Then when you really push off the traction really goes to work and gives you great grip. It's quite weird. Kind of like an efficient herringbone system.

Again this wasn't a full on game of ball or even training. Almost a first impression on the hardwood.

pimp.gif

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, I just noticed this pic on the bottom of the release details for the 5AM's on NDC, a couple ID options, looks like gradient sole on the first pair.
Damn that red pair is amazing. 

Tough decision between that and the all purple.

Last edited:
I have wide feet and these are the first low top Kobe's that fit perfect true to size for me :wow: pass on this colorway though

Guess us narrow feet NTers may have to size down. That length between the 9 and X is significant.

Passed, I had to get those flyknit roshe this morning. These will still be around for awhile those won't.

Yes. They are on swoosh for $108. That pretty much means they made a ton of these lol.

5AMs with the orange lace swap reminds me of the China Lebron 9s :smokin Glad I'm hearing good things about the shoe, I can't wait to see the purple ones.

Just checked out my friends pair in person and they are something different. Crazy shoe!

Back
Top Bottom