Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

This is NT baby. No ones hooping in shoes here

Its about the fit
laugh.gif
True but not true at the same time. Always being a big retro guy on and off the court in high school, I started wearing Lebrons, Kobes, KDs and such off the court once I felt like the retro game got a little stale and overcrowded. Once I started playing college basketball though, I realized that retros wouldn't cut it. And paying over $200 for a hoop shoe actually wasnt that great of an idea either. At least at the college level. Personal workouts, sometimes multiple practices a day, lifts, games, all of it leads to the shoe breaking down much faster than just the casual basketball player or weekend warrior. So as far as basketball goes ill take a few pair of hyper dunks or run the ones to beat up as opposed to spending $200 on a pair of kicks that might last a month and a half at best. I know old heads don't believe in wearing the new sig shoes off the court but thats good I'm trying to get away from the retro Jordan everything

other than the 7s (personal opinion) the kobe line has always been great performance wise, still dont get where the knock is in the regards. 

I think people are becoming too reliant on basketball shoes looking good rather than for their actual use... to play basketball in them. 
C'mon Bruh. This way of thinking kills me. LOOK:

A Woman could be AWESOME in Every Way Possible. Smart, Funny, Friendly, Driven, etc... BUT if she doesn't LOOK GOOD, I'll Never Be With Her.

Even if she's Got It ALL... what's the point of being with a Woman you're Not Attracted to?

Besides, there's other Women out there that share all those Qualities AND Still LOOK GOOD, as well. Why not go after them instead?

My Sneaker Common-Sense runs the Same Way.

True but not true at the same time. Always being a big retro guy on and off the court in high school, I started wearing Lebrons, Kobes, KDs and such off the court once I felt like the retro game got a little stale and overcrowded. Once I started playing college basketball though, I realized that retros wouldn't cut it. And paying over $200 for a hoop shoe actually wasnt that great of an idea either. At least at the college level. Personal workouts, sometimes multiple practices a day, lifts, games, all of it leads to the shoe breaking down much faster than just the casual basketball player or weekend warrior. So as far as basketball goes ill take a few pair of hyper dunks or run the ones to beat up as opposed to spending $200 on a pair of kicks that might last a month and a half at best. I know old heads don't believe in wearing the new sig shoes off the court but thats good I'm trying to get away from the retro Jordan everything
My post was more sarcastic then actual but the intended purpose of a shoe is whatever the consumer wants it to be

I dont fully understand your post... is your complaint the price or people wearing them off court?? 

Excuse my ignorance if this was already discussed and I missed it, but will the kobe X continue the "Kobe Kode" ? I had a blast deciphering them on other models...

I've never worn basketball shoes casually, IMO it's just stupid. What you gonna capitalize on zoom air when you walk into a mall?

Spend $300 bones on FK so they can support your skinny jeans?

Can't blame Nike as the line between performance and casual wear is blurry.

I was about to cop the IX BHM but couldn't bring myself to drop $300 on shoes that will get stood on and beat.

I've never worn basketball shoes casually, IMO it's just stupid. What you gonna capitalize on zoom air when you walk into a mall?

I was about to cop the IX BHM but couldn't bring myself to drop $300 on shoes that will get stood on and beat.

Last edited:

What do you wear? If you wear runners or trainers for casual activities then that's just stupid too right? Why would basketball shoes be any different?

I like the look of the shoe, that's all. I can't feel lunar, zoom, max, flyknit, hyper fuse, mega fuse and whatever new technology Nike may come up with but the shoe looks good so I wear them. Have you ever worn a jersey casually? People that don't take their Range Rovers and G Wagens off road are stupid too right? Just speaking in terms of intended use here.

No point in saying its stupid... just say its not your thing but Im curious what you wear when you not on the court. 

Everyone loves a comfortable shoe whether its a basketball shoe or a driving loafer ( even if you dont have a car lol) 

If its not at a price point that doesnt work for you then just dont buy it but your argument is childish to say the least and weak 

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and I respect that. Not bashing anyone at all, just giving my 2c. Agree or disagree that's up to you. I just think basketball shoes, specifically those designed for an elite athlete like Kobe himself should be worn for basketball. If the trend is to wear em casually, then go ahead. I won't lose sleep at night.

I don't see how my argument about price is childish? $300? Wow.

What kicks have I worn? Since 2004 there has only been 2 models, the 2k4 and the Kobe 8. I have rotated 22 pairs of 2k4s over the past 10 years

If it wasn't known that the purple model above was the next Kobe sig, I'd have thought they were some dope Team Shoes or TBs for a takedown model lol.

People are blinded by the fact they are a sig and for a legend, otherwise if you had no prior knowledge of them being such you'd think "I'd cop those as beaters..."

I don't want to speak for everyone, even though it sounds like that in my comment above, but these are bland as hell and yall know it, you're just trying to justify copping a pair lol.

(OK so I sound like a troll I admit it)

I respect what people choose to do with their money and how they collect/rock their kicks, even if I disagree sometimes.

I wonder how these Xs are going to be ID-able, since it would appear our options would be limited from what we have seen so far. Maybe some sort of flyknit eventually?

Everyone needs to be a little patient. The IX was full of surprises. We got a low, mid and High. EM and Flyknit and even an EXT with leather and snakeskin patterns. Nike knows what sells and most of all we know what we will pay for.

I agree. This launch colorway is underwhelming due to the exceeded expectations of the IX. Remember how many people disliked the 9? Look now.

Last edited:
Though the launch colorway is bland, I still see some potential for this model. And even though it's bland they're still decent, just not what you expect with the start of a new model. As stated above, let's be a bit more patient to see what Nike has in store. Would love to see more colorways with the gradient sole like the ASGs.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and I respect that. Not bashing anyone at all, just giving my 2c. Agree or disagree that's up to you. I just think basketball shoes, specifically those designed for an elite athlete like Kobe himself should be worn for basketball. If the trend is to wear em casually, then go ahead. I won't lose sleep at night.

I don't see how my argument about price is childish? $300? Wow.

What kicks have I worn? Since 2004 there has only been 2 models, the 2k4 and the Kobe 8. I have rotated 22 pairs of 2k4s over the past 10 years

You said its stupid to wear hoop shoes casually. Then dude asked what you wear off the court, and you said you only wear 2k4s and Kobe 8s :lol:
I think you didn't read his question right. But my comment is on you only wearing 2 models to hoop in is hilarious/totally insane!
I loved the og 2k4 for ball. I remember copping TBs and ballin every day in college after class. But I also had azg's on deck, lbj 2s and 3s that were just as great at the time. Its been so many years, that's so psychotic to wear the same shoe 22 times in 10 years :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom