Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

It's really orange
laugh.gif

Was at a Victorian basketball club this morning.

There was a guy balling in the X's.

Good traction on the court. That's all I can say... lol

It's expensive to ship shoes back to END in the UK. You're better off just selling them (assuming you got a deal and that's why you bought from END in the first place)
Im gonna try to see if I can size swap at a store for my 9.5 but if not I'll just ship em back. I get a big discount on FedEx Express shipping so it shouldn't be too bad.

After seeing more pics and the shoes in person, the best colorways are:

5AM

Silk

Vino/Blackout (need to see in person to decide)

All Star

For $180, price is BS. Even the Kobe 9 for $225 is BS. In general, paying $200 for basketball shoes is wack, period. **** that. But if it weren't for the price, these shoes would be fire. If the price keeps dropping near $140-60, I'm gonna definitely get multiple pairs. These shoes are minimal, stylish, and classic looking, they definitely have a presence. Not a lot of shoes look like this either. I know people are saying it looks plain and boring, but simplicity and minimalism is honestly underrated. You can actually wear the Kobe X's outside of basketball and look normal. If you guys focus on the colors and how they complement the other colors on the shoe, the Kobe X's actually look really nice. Good example were the Christmas Kobe 9's. Those shoes were so ******* red in the pictures where it looked like a bloody tampon. But when you saw them in person you noticed the different shades of red that stood out. While the shoe was entirely "red", the three different shades of red complemented each other very well where it didn't even look like an all red shoe. I don't know about you guys but every time I saw the Christmas 9's in person I had a sensory eye-gasm. The colors were so vibrant but not an eyesore. The color scheme was great, how many monochrome shoes look that nice? If you take a look at these Kobe's (sans the All Stars), you get the same feeling. The rich dark upper mixed with the bright light translucent bottom makes the shoes look amazing. The different shades complement each other so well, they definitely stand out in a good way. I think most of you guys should get at least one pair of these for your collection. These shoes are different than most basketball shoes and I feel it'll be a very long time until we see something similar to this. 

Nike is the new reseller. With the current sneaker culture, they can keep pushing the envelope of pricing. Let's be honest...I'm serious. I just can't say they're better quality than the 8 or EM 9. I think $140 was the sweet spot.

Personally, Kyrie should go for $100. KDs for $115-$120. Kobe for $140. Lebron could push $180. Retro Jordans $160.

But instead "special theme" shoes guarantee $20 price increases. Crazy QS like a WT guarantees $50 increase. EXTs...like the horrible Kobe 9s were random and super expensive. But I can't hate on Nike. That bubble is going to burst sooner than later so capitalize.

Doesn't seem like a lot of these Kobe x have been selling so far got the blues and asg might get the blackouts, but the Orange ain't my thing.

Blues were sold out at my HOH when I went today. Tried on ASG and felt amazing just didn't like the colorway. These things are really nice, will most definitely cop a pair or two on discount. The lunarlon is perfect. They are soft but not too soft if you know what I mean lol.

is the lunarlon on this model, going to bottom out quick?  I felt the 8s bottomed out so fast,  but the 9s actually last pretty long.  

I feel Nike plays around with their prices

I looked at some recently released models I have

The Kobe X, Lebron XII, Lebron XI, Kobe 9 Elite Low, Kobe 8 and Jordan XX9

I'd say the Kobe X looks like the 2nd highest quality in the group behind the Lebron XII but I'm not a huge fan of the Lebron XII bottom loaded cushioning.

Look at the Kobe 9 Elite Low I feel like those are really overpriced. They are basically thick hollowed cloth shoes. The Lunarlon midsole feels cheap. I felt like those shoes were never engineered to be lows they just chopped off the high part.

The Kobe 8 is basically the same with a cheaper and less durable cloth. The fit of those always felt kinda cheap to me. The Kobe 8 looks outstanding though.

The Lebron XI to me was overpriced relative to the Lebron X and Lebron XII. The Foamposie does not fit or feel like real Foamposite and I don't like the comfort, they also arent very durable.

Last edited:
I don't have a pair of lebron Xiis but just from seeing them in person they look really well made. I'm probably going to get a pair this summer.

Flyknits are all overpriced but they're so comfy its hard to complain. I wasn't that impressed with the build of the elite IDs but the gr colorways look fine to me. $200 + tax was still a lot to spend on those. 

It's kind of funny I'd rather pay $400 for MPs than pay retail for most of the other Kobe releases this past year. I guess thats the case with most of the people here.

Back
Top Bottom