Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Pretty sure that Nike regrets this shoe. If it takes an HTM release to get people excited you know the model is a waste. Glad I have plenty of IVs Vs and VIs laying around. I feel bad for the new collectors. Nike is letting you down.

Pretty sure that Nike regrets this shoe. If it takes an HTM release to get people excited you know the model is a waste. Glad I have plenty of IVs Vs and VIs laying around. I feel bad for the new collectors. Nike is letting you down.

Ummm no. People didn't really go crazy over the 9em last year either. It's the difference of flyknit vs mesh. Simple as that

I don't think the 9 EM popularity/interest was due to the FK. It was mainly lackluster designs that killed interest. Pop Art, Brazil, the PPs, Mangos, Cactus, etc were all mildly disappointed especially after the 8. The EM had a lot of wasted potential. It was mainly iDs and Elite Highs that we're getting buzzed. The Kung Fu, China (which was a dud) and Phillipines were the only good EMs.

It's the same issue with the X. They're not exactly setting the world on fire.

It's not like Elite lows knocked it out of the park besides the HTMs and Beethovens (and of course iDs).

Last edited:

lol its exactly what happened with the 9s

Anyone heard anything about that Kobe x release on May 12th? It's that black/white pair on FTL release calendar

Plenty of people are buying the shoe

Because YOU don't like something Nike's upset?

I've seen plenty of people wearing the different colorways.

The nine had the entire Kobe line to hype it up and HTM's nothing changed.

EM nine no really really felt...the regular tens more people like.

Flyknit 9 was the seller (High and Low) which will be the same this year. 

Who cares man you like the shoe buy it, personally like the 9 highs best but may end up with a pair of x high dunno, either way could care less how any of it sells

EM IX didn't jump off shelves because we were introduced to the Elite's first and knew a flyknit low was on the way. X went the other route by introducing the basic model first then the flyknit models. And both models are far from a disappointment. The flyknit material and design is one of the most unique shoe designs and use of a material we have seen in years. To say they are underwhelming is just a personal opinion. Flyknit is one of the best options out right now across multiple sports.

When someone like Tinker Hatfield says the Kobe IX is the one shoe he wishes he designed that means something. 

I don't mind opinions, to each their own, but an ignorant statement like Nike regrets a shoe is a bit to far. 

I personally didn't like the 9 highs till just recently.

Really did the flyknit lows these year. Definitely going to try for one of the HTM's either BW or the MC but will settle for either of the three. but if i can't ill take an id or a GR

Please, don't call the base X EM. It's Hyperfuse. 
frown.gif

this years regular X still has alot of appeal after the flyknits are unveiled...unlike last year when the flyknits made the EMs look totally wack IMO

The EMs dropped after the Elite High. The Kung Fu and Phillipines did very well. It was the other color ways that didn't fare as well. Again, it was the poor designs especially in light of the Flyknits besides the Moon Walkers, Thrillers and some of the other highs.

You are qualified then to like the HTM's. Welcome aboard.

Lol damn... Kobe is a phenomenal player but I don't own any X's.. But I've got disposable funds and lots of trident layers gum... Does that mean I can be in?? Or atleast fog up the windows from breathing too heavily while I stalk all y'all on the inside??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom