Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Lol at the inspiration for the Chesters. If someone asked why are those Kobes orange and yellow? Because they were the jersey colors of his high school rivals. 

Nike shirts are too damn expensive these days. They're also making the shirts look like they should be worn casually and I'm not wearing hyper elite socks casually.

I'm not sure if it's just me but nike's more detailed images actually turned me away, when before i was thinking about possibly picking up the "chester" pair.

Last edited:
cant dig the whole nick name thing attached to these rave colored shoes. just a bit too whacky...lol

when will they do clean FK CWs?

inline CW is needed. but they turned it over by making various colors in one big block.

Last edited:
You'll never see basic, clean colorways because Nike is trying to push sales to iD. They'll run with the back-stories like Mambacurial, Chester High School, and so forth, but if you want a clean Lakers colorway, iD is your only bet.

kobe x pain at first glance looked ehh. went to Rise NY in long island about 3 weeks ago when a guy that worked there was doing some promo pics for the shoes.

it looked alright first time seeing it in person.

but the more i look at it, the more i start to like it and appreciate the fine little details of the shoe.

I'm gonna return my rose golds... they were my first X and I went TTS... they are just too narrow in the toe box, especially pinky toe. I'd consider going up .5 but that means size 13.5 which is never in stores. Still holding out hope for a pair of elite lows that i like...
I had the same problem pinky felt like it caught back and the middle of my forefoot was slightly squished so that it didn't touch the insole. After trying them on a few times and thinking Id have to onsell due to buying online I decided to try them with real thin socks on the court in practice. I've worn them three times now and they definitely break in somewhat. so my foot is now flat and while still snug my toes are uncurled and it never really felt uncomfortable.

Thought the Chester's were given that nickname due to a striking resemblance to a very popular brand of cheesy chips.....

Amirite?????...

Back
Top Bottom