Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

i wonder if people would like the X curial better if Nike had taken the lateral swoosh off and replaced it with the word "NIKE" near the ankle like the 8. 

Mercurials are aight but IMO every colourway of the Elite's except the Rose Golds has been really underwhelming especially compared to the 9's. That being said those Christmas Elite Lows look promising. Hopefully a Christmas classic that Kobe will actually wear too. Go Lakers.

Long time Lurker, first time poster. Peace.

Mercurials are aight but IMO every colourway of the Elite's except the Rose Golds has been really underwhelming especially compared to the 9's. That being said those Christmas Elite Lows look promising. Hopefully a Christmas classic that Kobe will actually wear too. Go Lakers.

Long time Lurker, first time poster. Peace.
Eh. It's all opinion and personal taste.

I think the X Highs are a better executed shoe than the IX highs - here I just mean consistency of materials across the whole build (full FK), I like the cushioning better, the tongue "works" better. That said, the FK weaves on the IX highs were more creative/varied, although I like the Rose Golds as much as any IX high except the MP, and I like the X Teams a lot as well.

On to the elite lows, we have 3 pairs so far, and if taken as a whole, I would take the asymmetrical X's over the pretty boring and monochromatic IX's. Yeah, this means I would lose my Beethoven's, but I think it gets made up for in the fact all three pairs of the X's are more interesting than the Thrillers or Moonwalkers, not to mention I think the Team High X is a better purple shoe than the Moonwalker.

Not saying things have been handled perfectly with the X, but overall I'm pretty happy with the FX versions. And, less releases this year has let me pick up some other stuff. YMMV.

I agree, I dont think any of the X Elites have been terrible. I bought the team elites on the day they released, Elevates are dope and Rose Golds will probably never be bought, weakest high in my opinion... Im just still not a huge fan of the midsole on the Xs. I thoughy the Moon walkers and Thrillers were incredibly dope and Beethovens were hyped trash, wouldn't buy a pair for under retail.

color code is mad promising so I hope Nike flops on the color blocking cause $250 price tag is garbage
mean.gif
Somone will pay it.  Next thing you know, the base price for an entry level pair of Kobe's is 225.  Hey it's value right, because the next model up is $250 
mean.gif

And even if they flop, Nike will find a way to turn it to their advantage. I miss the days when they had a little competition.

Last edited:
Somone will pay it.  Next thing you know, the base price for an entry level pair of Kobe's is 225.  Hey it's value right, because the next model up is $250 :smh:  

And even if they flop, Nike will find a way to turn it to their advantage. I miss the days when they had a little competition.

I think they have more competition now than they ever did in the last 10 years. Curry has blew up under armour to the point where some shoes are an instant sellout. Who would have ever thought of that from under armour.

Adidas is on the way up as well. Kanye has brought hype back to the brand that will effect all their lines. They continue to sign young talent and the addition of harden can't hurt.

You are slowly starting to see nike price themselves out in certain situations. 80% of basketball lines go on steep discounts and Jordan retros are now sitting online for the first time in years.

If Nike keeps raising prices people will continue to open their eyes to other brands.

Most of the people buying Kanyes shoe are buying KANYES shoe, they don't give a damn about Adidas and it could have been a Skechers shoe and they still would have bought it. Those consumers make up a tiny part of sales and I think someone posted a report saying Nike sales are up by like 5% UA is up something crazy like 46% and Adidas is down 11... not 100% sure on those numbers but I'd say Adidas needs to worry about UA before Nike needs to worry about any of them. Doubt Harden is gonna bring a change to their sig line :lol: Nike is so big they're just running on reputation at this point.

Last edited:
Ok watch what happens if Adidas does a Kanye x James harden collab or Kanye x d lillard ball shoe. People will go nuts. It slowly integrates consumers into the line of shoes and eventually could purchase others in the set.

Hype is what fuels sneakers to what they are today (especially nike). Adidas keeps pumping out limited kicks with the ultimate hype man Kanye and they are back. People that miss out on limited drops buy something else because they missed out.

Like I said I think Kanye himself has made it "cool" to rock with Adidas again.

I was kinda of excited about this KB MC release but I think I'm gonna send my pair back and wait for 10/3 see what happens.

I was kinda of excited about this KB MC release but I think I'm gonna send my pair back and wait for 10/3 see what happens.

Don't send iD's back you will regret it!

I sent back some KB9's iD towards the end of the run and regret it so bad to this day

Eh. It's all opinion and personal taste.

I think the X Highs are a better executed shoe than the IX highs - here I just mean consistency of materials across the whole build (full FK), I like the cushioning better, the tongue "works" better. That said, the FK weaves on the IX highs were more creative/varied, although I like the Rose Golds as much as any IX high except the MP, and I like the X Teams a lot as well.

On to the elite lows, we have 3 pairs so far, and if taken as a whole, I would take the asymmetrical X's over the pretty boring and monochromatic IX's. Yeah, this means I would lose my Beethoven's, but I think it gets made up for in the fact all three pairs of the X's are more interesting than the Thrillers or Moonwalkers, not to mention I think the Team High X is a better purple shoe than the Moonwalker.

Not saying things have been handled perfectly with the X, but overall I'm pretty happy with the FX versions. And, less releases this year has let me pick up some other stuff. YMMV.
I agree completely. The fact that you can get most of the Xs for even cheaper than the Kobe IX right now is a trip. The line isn't even over and Footlocker has half of them basically on clearance. 

how come there kicks are so cheap???

They get their stuff from vendors that gets them the best possible price. Not on all their stuff but mostly GRs

What sizes did they have of the Fundamentals? I thought they were gonna put the shoes up 5/8pm. Store was closed earlier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom