Kobe's footwork and pump fakes Vol. On the topic of "signature moves"

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

How effective (and original) is this style of play compared to other notable signature moves and styles of play in your opinion? 

What is this you speak of???

_42119552_jordan_getty.jpg
Most people already concur that Kobe > MJ . Kobe 5th ring coming this summer

08763-1.jpg
YA SMOKE CRACK DON'TCHA BOY?!?!?!?!

DON'TCHA!!!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Kobe's signature is the fadeaway.

Michael didn't invent the fadeaway. Kobe didn't either. Just appreciate both.

But people and media alike should note how effective Kobe is with his fadeaway. Slowly becoming as good as Jordan's.

Originally Posted by Kookcle

He's been using this move for a while now
Its always the younger guys that fall for it

1t8ne0.gif

i've always had a question about this move...

isn't this a travel? when kobe picks up his dribble and pivots around isnt that last move considered an additional step?

just wondering

my answer is no^^^
it would be unheard of to pivot forward (and jump) with your back foot.

^ No. He established his left foot as the pivot foot. Then spun on it and shot. As long as you dont lift that pivot foot and take that step, its fair.

I think.

its not a travel because he is doin it in the act of shooting. its the same as if he took a regular jump shot. although you are picking up your pivot foot (JUMP shot) its not a travel. you are allowed to jump when you take a shot.

No travel.. Kobe chooses his pivot foot.

Kobe's technique is phenomenal.. he really is something special. Compare him to Mike or whatever, but just know that he's not an ordinary superstar. People will talk about him in years to come.. heck I know I will.

Kobe > LeBron.

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

Kobe's signature is the fadeaway.

Michael didn't invent the fadeaway. Kobe didn't either. Just appreciate both.

But people and media alike should note how effective Kobe is with his fadeaway. Slowly becoming as good as Jordan's.
stop posting

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

How effective (and original) is this style of play compared to other notable signature moves and styles of play in your opinion? 

What is this you speak of???

_42119552_jordan_getty.jpg
Most people already concur that Kobe > MJ . Kobe 5th ring coming this summer

08763-1.jpg
YA SMOKE CRACK DON'TCHA BOY?!?!?!?!

DON'TCHA!!!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Oh.My.God.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

booth-killing-lincoln.jpg

*and FWIW, Kobe's footwork IS great, but we've see it all before with Mike Jordan.  Kobe's doing nothing new...well, maybe to some of yall who obviously have no recollection of who Michael Jordan was...and that's sad. 

--I never said I wanted you to stop posting homes.
--I actually like you being up on these boards. Its all fun dude. And I do --this thing kinda like a signature. Bullet points are easier to read.

So does this happen every time someone says Kobe around here?

-Dre getting all LOUD for no reason
laugh.gif

-Lebron or MJ comparisons coming from NOWHERE
-Haters and %%%! riders..

Are there ever any regular discussions? Serious Q... no sarcasm/lulz.

It depends on the topic... and there was damn good reason for me to get loud... you saw what that boy said, you saw it...
smh.gif

Kobe Bryant is something special.

Michael Jordan is something unique

just know that Lebron James will never be able to pull off a pivot, reverse in his football body built career

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

He has stated that his game revolves around what he learned from MJ.

He has admitted to using his signature moves, why is it so surprising? He's not denying it.

MJ learned from Dr. J.

Kobe learned from MJ

The list goes on. Signature moves?
laugh.gif
   Nothing has been patent, they are basketball moves.

The one signature move that no one emulates anymore, is the sky hook.  

Please stop with the "Kobe is better than MJ" comments. 

MJ played in a different era, if MJ played in this era, in his prime, he would dominate like no other.
EXACTLY. Its just like coaching. Sure coaches develop certain systems that fit their own type of coaching style. From generation to generation, coaches and players use what was successful in the past.

Even with myself, Ive seen it where I coach in. My coaches coach used material from his mentor, my coach used almost everything from his coach, and I use nearly everything that my coach taught me.

Players and coaches develop based on the generational change of the game. Thats why I dont understand how people have such issues with Kobe modeling his game after MJ. Who wouldnt? You would be stupid not to model your game after the best...

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

....I dont understand how people have such issues with Kobe modeling his game after MJ. Who wouldnt? You would be stupid not to model your game after the best...
QFT.

I mean.. no !+%* people. Not just sports neither. This is a LIFE lesson sort of QFT..  Do what worked. It prolly till does.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--I never said I wanted you to stop posting homes.
--I actually like you being up on these boards. Its all fun dude. And I do --this thing kinda like a signature. Bullet points are easier to read.

well i dont.
LOL dude just said it's like a signature. easier to read lmao 

you sound nerdy bro

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

just know that Lebron James will never be able to pull off a pivot, reverse in his football body built career

special and unique are synonyms ...

and lebron not being able to do the reverse pivot? i forgot you can predict the future

ANYWAYS

i always wondered, isnt the reveres pivot than step in for a shot a travel, he establishes the pivot foot with his left, then reverses, then takes off with his right clearly with his pivot foot off the ground
http://www.youtube.com/wa...=7l053a5oYxc&feature=fvw

no hate, it just seems like this move is ridiculously effective giving him an extra step from where he started

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

special and unique are synonyms ...

and lebron not being able to do the reverse pivot? i forgot you can predict the future

ANYWAYS

i always wondered, isnt the reveres pivot than step in for a shot a travel, he establishes the pivot foot with his left, then reverses, then takes off with his right clearly with his pivot foot off the ground
http://www.youtube.com/wa...=7l053a5oYxc&feature=fvw

no hate, it just seems like this move is ridiculously effective giving him an extra step from where he started

He's refering to LBJ's bigger frame. he can't reverse pivot without taking longer than either kobe or jordan since their frame is smaller, quicker, and more agile. He can pull it off, but will never be as effective.

Back
Top Bottom