Kobe's Knee Brace

I remember couple years back when the Lakers came to town to play the Bulls this one dude in front of me was decked out in Kobe gear.
kobe jersey, kobe hat, kobe sweatpants....he even wore the arm sleeve and wrote KOBE on it
laugh.gif

I love kobe but that $#*% is *!%%

sports-kobe.jpg

I remember couple years back when the Lakers came to town to play the Bulls this one dude in front of me was decked out in Kobe gear.
kobe jersey, kobe hat, kobe sweatpants....he even wore the arm sleeve and wrote KOBE on it
laugh.gif

I love kobe but that $#*% is *!%%

sports-kobe.jpg

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

you serious dude? you got knee problems? recent knee surgery?

i highly doubt it so SMH

30t6p3b.gif
HAHAH, i was reading OPs post, and then said to myself, I know steve cash is going to come in here and say some non-sense

Why do you care if he has knee problems? or a recent surgery? 

its his money

seriously? you dont think thats idiotic? im sorry but wearing a knee brace/pad for no reason is just ******ed. it doesnt make you look cool at all. might as well go buy goggles and an arm sleeve too.

just like the guy that comes to my gym every once in awhile, he will come in wearing the STAT goggles, 2 arm sleeves and a calf sleeve. he must have some confidence because he looks so stupid that i feel bad for him and to make it worse hes terrible and attempts to call offensive fouls.

i highly doubt it so SMH

30t6p3b.gif
HAHAH, i was reading OPs post, and then said to myself, I know steve cash is going to come in here and say some non-sense

its his money

seriously? you dont think thats idiotic? im sorry but wearing a knee brace/pad for no reason is just ******ed. it doesnt make you look cool at all. might as well go buy goggles and an arm sleeve too.

just like the guy that comes to my gym every once in awhile, he will come in wearing the STAT goggles, 2 arm sleeves and a calf sleeve. he must have some confidence because he looks so stupid that i feel bad for him and to make it worse hes terrible and attempts to call offensive fouls.

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by YoungGunna714

I have the knee brace, I got arthocopic knee surgery about 3 years ago. My knee is all better now but I notice after 2-3 pick up games, it starts to give me pain and limit my play without the brace. With the brace the compression really keeps your knee stable and reduces any risk of any pronation. Im able to run about 5-6 games with it. Before this brace I use to use the muller brace, there is no comparison on the two, its Like Hooping in a pair of Kobe V or Hyperdunks vs Protoges. 

what kind of surgery did you have?

thanks for the info.
He just wrote that he got a scope of his knee.  Reading is fundamental.

what did he have repaired is what i was asking
I hate my lateral  release. basically moved the knee cap so it would stop popping out of place.

Originally Posted by YoungGunna714

I have the knee brace, I got arthocopic knee surgery about 3 years ago. My knee is all better now but I notice after 2-3 pick up games, it starts to give me pain and limit my play without the brace. With the brace the compression really keeps your knee stable and reduces any risk of any pronation. Im able to run about 5-6 games with it. Before this brace I use to use the muller brace, there is no comparison on the two, its Like Hooping in a pair of Kobe V or Hyperdunks vs Protoges. 

thanks for the info.

I hate my lateral  release. basically moved the knee cap so it would stop popping out of place.

Originally Posted by theglv

wait.your bro tore is acl in 96' and no surgery yet? isnt that dangerous?
In general it is but since he doesn't play any longer then not too dangerous. His first son was born shortly after he tore it so he said forget (pick up) ball, I'm about to be a dad.  So he focused on working to support his family.  Mind you, the numbskull's had a great job to where he could've had the surgery years ago but just hasn't.  But he's not playing ball so he doesn't put it in danger. Me, I would've been under the knife the same day.

Originally Posted by theglv

wait.your bro tore is acl in 96' and no surgery yet? isnt that dangerous?
In general it is but since he doesn't play any longer then not too dangerous. His first son was born shortly after he tore it so he said forget (pick up) ball, I'm about to be a dad.  So he focused on working to support his family.  Mind you, the numbskull's had a great job to where he could've had the surgery years ago but just hasn't.  But he's not playing ball so he doesn't put it in danger. Me, I would've been under the knife the same day.

YoungGunna714 wrote:

YoungGunna714 wrote:

thanks for the info.

Ouch.  Both of my knees grind but they don't hurt from the grinding. Just the partial tears.  The doctor said if they don't hurt from the grinding then don't get them scoped because sometimes preventative surgery can make matters worse.

YoungGunna714 wrote:

YoungGunna714 wrote:

thanks for the info.

Ouch.  Both of my knees grind but they don't hurt from the grinding. Just the partial tears.  The doctor said if they don't hurt from the grinding then don't get them scoped because sometimes preventative surgery can make matters worse.

i highly doubt it so SMH

30t6p3b.gif

its his money

As Biggie62 stated, reading is fundamental.  I said that I have a partially torn MCL & PCL, which means I not only need knee braces, but wear them as well.  I don't like wearing anything else when I play. No wrist bands, shooting sleeves, calf sleeves, rubber bands, 'jumpers knee' straps, ankle braces, tape, none of that.  I don't like sleeves on my shirts.  So it's definitely for a reason.  I was just wondering if his joint was custom made or an actual knee brace cause honestly his knee brace looks like the $25 one I have but with yellow & purple nylon over it to match the uniform.

i highly doubt it so SMH

30t6p3b.gif

its his money

As Biggie62 stated, reading is fundamental.  I said that I have a partially torn MCL & PCL, which means I not only need knee braces, but wear them as well.  I don't like wearing anything else when I play. No wrist bands, shooting sleeves, calf sleeves, rubber bands, 'jumpers knee' straps, ankle braces, tape, none of that.  I don't like sleeves on my shirts.  So it's definitely for a reason.  I was just wondering if his joint was custom made or an actual knee brace cause honestly his knee brace looks like the $25 one I have but with yellow & purple nylon over it to match the uniform.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

alien.gif

The Kobe knob slobbing is at a all time high
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Based on your avi I'm sure you wear a head band when you play & it's NOT to prevent sweat from getting in your eyes.  

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

alien.gif

The Kobe knob slobbing is at a all time high
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Based on your avi I'm sure you wear a head band when you play & it's NOT to prevent sweat from getting in your eyes.  

toosmoove29, honestly. i would NOT play if i were you (if you're serious about ball like me). you'll make it worse and it won't heal properly.

it was tough for me, i got injured back in May and i was told by 2 doctors that i'll heal. bull @#%++* +$%*... the 2nd doctor didn't even want to give me an MRI until i argued and said i needed one.

i think the MCL and PCL can heal with proper treatment (physio, rest) (no surgery required), so don't bother with the brace and heal up.

toosmoove29, honestly. i would NOT play if i were you (if you're serious about ball like me). you'll make it worse and it won't heal properly.

it was tough for me, i got injured back in May and i was told by 2 doctors that i'll heal. bull @#%++* +$%*... the 2nd doctor didn't even want to give me an MRI until i argued and said i needed one.

i think the MCL and PCL can heal with proper treatment (physio, rest) (no surgery required), so don't bother with the brace and heal up.

would this brace help with knee tendinitis? i am looking for something to help with mine. I've tried the jumpers knee strap and a regular mcdavid patella brace with the hole in the middle but neither were very effecive in reducing the pain while I play.

would this brace help with knee tendinitis? i am looking for something to help with mine. I've tried the jumpers knee strap and a regular mcdavid patella brace with the hole in the middle but neither were very effecive in reducing the pain while I play.

Good lookin on that, al3x89.  Fortunately for me (and unfortunately at the same time) I live in TN & the abundance of basketball is nowhere near like it is in Cali (where I'm from).  My right knee is good but I still wear it to be safe, but the left knee is definitely gonna need surgery.  I can't even kneel at church on my left knee.  And after I play...........  But it's hard for me to stay away from the game.  I told myself I'll get surgery when we win this next league I play in coming up so I'm looking at April.  But I'll definitely take your advice & (try to) rest up til then.

Back
Top Bottom