Kurt Warner press conference 1/29 @ 3 PM EST - Expected to retire

laugh.gif
at anyone thinking this means the 49ers are winning the West.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Class act all the way. His story should be very inspirational to anyone.
His perseverance and strength in character gets nothing but my respect.

American Football will miss him

I gotta believe there's a movie script already  written about Kurt 

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif

Exactly
laugh.gif

Im not saying its a lock.....but you guys dont think we have a way better chance now?  

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Class act all the way. His story should be very inspirational to anyone.
His perseverance and strength in character gets nothing but my respect.

American Football will miss him
Well said.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif

Exactly
laugh.gif

Rams- Terrible
Seahawks- Transition
Cardinals - Swept WITH Warner and are now without
49ers- 1 miracle play and dropped pass from playoffs + cap room + 2 first rounders

I'm only joking but the 49ers should be the easy favorite for the division and I think it would be a major surprise if they did not win it

Cards won't miss a beat with Leinart. All Warner did was dink and dunk anyway. Beanie can carry that offense, Doucet replicates Boldin's stats, and their defense is still top notch. This is more than enough to win that division.

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

Originally Posted by emkay

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

49ERS ARE A LOCK FOR THE PLAYOFFS NOW.

KICK ROCKS WARNER.
smh @ a team that will be winning the division with a 10-6 record

It's sad to see Kurt go, though. Always been one of my favorites.

*fixed*
tongue.gif

*fixed*
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Cards won't miss a beat with Leinart. All Warner did was dink and dunk anyway. Beanie can carry that offense, Doucet replicates Boldin's stats, and their defense is still top notch. This is more than enough to win that division.

lolwut.jpg

Remember when his wife had the same flatop haircut as Kurt? That $+#% was funny as hell
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
now she's
pimp.gif

Props to Kurt though for an inspirational career.

pdoggy85:
ERASCISM:

lolwut.jpg

I'm glad someone pointed that out before I did, like this dude was just throwing 5 yard slants to Bruce and Fitz to the tune of 350+ yards in all 3 Super Bowls he was in.

Dude had 414 yards in his 1st Super Bowl, 365 in his 2nd, and 377 in his 3rd. That's an average of 385.

He averaged three-hundred-and-eighty-five yards in his 3 Super Bowls. The 3 times he played the best team in the opposite conference, he threw ALL OVER them.

But he just dinked and dunked 'em, throwing 5 yard outs like 60 times.
laugh.gif

He is 1st in postseason passing yards.

He has passed for more combined Super Bowl yards than any other QB.

He's the only QB to throw for 400 yards in a Super Bowl, so he's obviously 1st on the 'most passing yards in a Super Bowl' list. Thing is, he's also 2nd for his 377 a couple years ago against Pitt, and 3rd for his 365 against the Pats.

But yeah, all he was good for were little dink and dunk dumpoffs to RBs out in the flat.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

San Fran still got alotta work to do yet, and ya'll up here hyping them up like they even made the playoffs this year.
laugh.gif
I guess years of getting abused Warner and the Rams, and Warner and the Cardinals is much more than the average 49er fan can take.
laugh.gif

The Cards are going to be fine with Matt Leinart taking over.  People forget that he had a good rookie season, then got injured and lost his job to Kurt Warner.  Not a bad guy to lose your job to.

I'm a 49er fan, but we aren't going anywhere until we get a better QB under center.  Alex Smith
smh.gif
, Shaun Hill
smh.gif
.  The only thing I enjoy is the defense and Frank Gore (VD finally stepped up this year, see if he builds on that).

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Remember when his wife had the same flatop haircut as Kurt? That $+#% was funny as hell
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
now she's
pimp.gif

Props to Kurt though for an inspirational career.
laugh.gif
  @ the flattop... i remember that from that first super bowl

Boldin is still likely to get traded from what I hear. 

Like I said this 49ers team as is easily could have made the playoffs if not for a miracle Favre throw and a dropped TD pass.  They have plenty of cap room to add some FA if the front office chooses and in a deep draft with two first rounders they should be able to get two more solid starters.  Alex Smith will have his first year with some real continuity and Nate Davis will challenge him in training camp.  This is the first year in a while that the 49ers have expectations and 49ers should be favored to win the division, anything less than NFC West champs will be a major disappointment.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

how can anyone say hes not first ballot?

seriously ... 4 pro bowls ... decent longevity w/ some very par / sub par years = first ballot ... 
<br>

2 MVP + 1 superbowl makes it a discussion but nah he ain't ... 

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Like I said this 49ers team as is easily could have made the playoffs if not for a miracle Favre throw and a dropped TD pass.
Alex Smith will have his first year with some real continuity and Nate Davis will challenge him in training camp.
This is the first year in a while that the 49ers have expectations and 49ers should be favored to win the division
1.) Yeah, and the Vikings could be preparing for the Super Bowl right now if they had recovered ONE of their zillion fumbles last Sunday.

You can't say the 49ers were close to the playoffs with reasons like "if not for" or "if this had happened" because what happened, happened for a reason. Your secondary let your team down on that last play in WK3 and couldn't stop a prayer that Favre threw up. Your receiver couldn't come up with that ball. Those things occurred, and you can find "if not for" scenarios like that for EVERY, SINGLE team in the league. You're coming off like the 49ers are the only team in the NFL that has had huge plays decide games where if they had gone the other way there may have been a whole different outcome. I guarantee you can't find one team in the NFL that doesn't have those type of "what-ifs".

2.) If Nate Davis is challenging for the starting QB spot, you have a problem at QB. Just sayin.

3.) The Arizona Cardinals still will be favored to win the NFC West in 2010.

Dude came outta nowhere to lead Super Bowl teams TWICE (well, technically 3)! Anyways, appreciated! Definite HOF'er to me.

Back
Top Bottom