Kyrie 1

IMO I just didnt think Kyrie has done enough to deserve his BEFORE Harden and Paul George, or even AD.

But I agree Nike needs more top tier players. Its a problem if their next top player is someone like Klay Thompson. I didnt realise they've lost so many players: Steph Curry, Rondo, Griffin, Aldridge...
JB on the other hand actually has a pretty good group of young players outside of CP3 and Melo: Blake Griffin, Westbrook, Aldridge, Kawhi, Jabari. It's a shame they mostly have to wear xx9s.

who has achieved most out of the group of Kyrie, Harden, Paul George & AD? They all have not achieved that much, correct me if I am wrong:
Kyrie: ROY, MVP All-Star Game 2014, WC 2014
Harden: Finals trip 2012, WC 2014
George: MIP
AD: WC 2014

I hope they make some Kyrie tanks, shorts and t-shirts as well!

who has achieved most out of the group of Kyrie, Harden, Paul George & AD? They all have not achieved that much, correct me if I am wrong:

At least Paul George and James Harden can get their teams to the playoffs.

Harden > Paul George > AD = Kyrie

You left out a lot of important stuff like playoff success and All-NBA. 

Harden: All-NBA 1st team, 5th in MVP ballot, go-to guy on a Contender.

PG: All- NBA 3rd, All-Defensive, back to back ECF appearances.

Compare that to Kyrie. No playoffs and only has All star MVP which doesnt mean much. I like Kyrie's game but i doubt he'll even make All-NBA even in the next 3 years in a stacked guard position.

I'd also take AD over him because he's clearly gonna be a top 5 player within the next year.

Compare that to Kyrie. No playoffs and only has All star MVP which doesnt mean much. I like Kyrie's game but i doubt he'll even make All-NBA even in the next 3 years in a stacked guard position.
I'd also take AD over him because he's clearly gonna be a top 5 player within the next year.

you got a point there, maybe Nike is looking at what will happen in the next 3 years!
Kyrie: will have some playoff success and maybe enter all NBA teams
Harden: can not make it all alone and is dependent on Dwight Howard when it comes to the playoffs and a debacle like his one in round 1 in the 2014 playoffs can not happen for him anymore
George: I really hope he recovers 100%, but how will he be and fit into the team when he is back? Unsure future
Davis: is a really good player, but has the same problem that Kyrie had in the past, no playoff contender, maybe he should consider a trade to playoff team

so seeing the above, Kyrie has the best chances of achieving most, maybe that is why Nike choose him!

oh man it's been a while since i've been on NT.. but this shoe got me back. I love new performance models and i'm just as excited about the traction as everyone else. forefoot zoom with phylon midsole sounds perfect to me - I love the KD line and this is what it's sounding like. The KD6 out of the box was comfy as hell with the exception of that stiff-*** air max unit in the heel, so if this shoe feels like the KD6 without the air max i'll be buying multiples.

Finally! Been sitting on these since August.

View media item 1288120
Incredible comfortable if you love PG shoes. Lightweight with incredible traction. Didn't get to play in these much until the official unveil. At $110, these will fly off the shelves. The All-Star colorway is a face-melter.

Who's going to be the first to wear the Dream on one foot and the Deceptives on the other? :lol:

Would be sick with the medial side red on the Dream pair.

Last edited:
Nah.....Bosh Aldridge also wore them so not really his when the asg mvp got kyrie the green light if i was anthony davis id go ham in allstar game this year "Block Shots Ball Hogg" all night long #noteammates

you got a point there, maybe Nike is looking at what will happen in the next 3 years!
Kyrie: will have some playoff success and maybe enter all NBA teams
Harden: can not make it all alone and is dependent on Dwight Howard when it comes to the playoffs and a debacle like his one in round 1 in the 2014 playoffs can not happen for him anymore
George: I really hope he recovers 100%, but how will he be and fit into the team when he is back? Unsure future
Davis: is a really good player, but has the same problem that Kyrie had in the past, no playoff contender, maybe he should consider a trade to playoff team

so seeing the above, Kyrie has the best chances of achieving most, maybe that is why Nike choose him!
I don't get it why it matters who's more deserving, we know for a FACT Paul's shoe is coming next yr, Harden has had 2 Nike endorsed shoes the run and there was another one, so i'm sure his shoe is coming, I can't speak on Davis but i'd b surprised if he doesn't get a shoe, the point that y'all aren't looking at is market ability, Kyrie has made a name for himself thru Pepsi with the Uncle Drew commercials, now Harden is doing his thing with them FTL commercials so he's def marketable, my point outside of NBA regular watches how many people really know Anthony Davis or Paul George, sad to say but thanks to his antics more people know Lance Stephenson than they do Paul.

anyways the IDs look great and price ain't that bad, $100 cheaper than Big Brother Bron
laugh.gif
 but i'll await the EXTs if they do something
nerd.gif

Really like this shoe. Nike did a great job designing an affordable basketball shoe that looks good on and off the court. The spiked heel is a bit much, but still a great design. Curious to see what colorways are released.

This could very well be my first Nike signature shoe outside of 90-00s athletes.

I also feel that if Paul George didn't get injured, he would be getting the "Kyrie" treatment from Nike.

We'll see what happens next year with PG-13.

Fan of kyrie and I'm excited for his signature line. It's unique that Nike is giving him a signature sneaker. The argument of whether or not he's worthy is irrelevant to me. you don't have to be the best player(s) in the league to merit a sig line, you just have to be able to sell shoes and bottom line kyrie will be able to sell shoes. From his electric style of play/ elite ball handling ability to his alter ego uncle drew, he's already popular and marketable. Although maybe he's not better than Harden and PG, his style of play (imo) is more appealing to the casual fan. The shoe itself like some people have already been saying in here gives me a kobe 1/lebron 6 type of feel. I like the design. It's fairly simple and the price point is a plus. In for the first two colorways. Only thing is I hope they make a better logo for him somewhere down the line.

I don't know why but for some reason these kinda remind me of Lebrons 1st shoe the Zoom Generations

Fan of kyrie and I'm excited for his signature line. It's unique that Nike is giving him a signature sneaker. The argument of whether or not he's worthy is irrelevant to me. you don't have to be the best player(s) in the league to merit a sig line, you just have to be able to sell shoes and bottom line kyrie will be able to sell shoes. From his electric style of play/ elite ball handling ability to his alter ego uncle drew, he's already popular and marketable. Although maybe he's not better than Harden and PG, his style of play (imo) is more appealing to the casual fan. The shoe itself like some people have already been saying in here gives me a kobe 1/lebron 6 type of feel. I like the design. It's fairly simple and the price point is a plus. In for the first two colorways. Only thing is I hope they make a better logo for him somewhere down the line.

Repped.

Kyrie is extremely marketable. The ONLY thing he was missing was getting W's. Which he will get with Lebron. His offensive game is incredibly appealing to casual fans, especially younger ones because of his size and ball handling ability.

I just wonder: Would Kyrie be the first of the new gen guys to get a sig if Lebron DIDN'T come back to Cleveland? Like I stated earlier, all he was missing from his resume were wins and playoff appearances. All things considered, they would still be near the bottom of the east if it weren't for the moves that took place over the summer. Would Nike have given a signature shoe to an amazing athlete destined to sit at the bottom of a horrible eastern conference?

These are great. Can't wait to get a pair in the near future. Hopefully they drop a Duke colorway :smile:

Back
Top Bottom