Kyrie 1

Now why didn't Harden get this treatment? Is he just sponsored by Nike and not a signature athlete? I thought the Run the Ones were his? I still think Irving is more marketable than him as well.

I really believe this is going to be a fun run of shoes between Nike and Irving. I see some really dope shoes/merch being put out in his history with the swoosh.
yeah the Run was his it's been said a couple of times that Harden's sig is coming, which will put Nike at 6 sigs and possible 7 (when/if) Davis gets one, plus thanks to FTL commercials Harden is just as marketable, his commercials are hilarious

People think Kyrie only got a shoe because he's playing with Bron now but they fail to realize that Nike wouldn't put together a shoe in a couple months time. Nike spends a year or two prior to the release to create a signature for a player. I remember an interview I saw with Kobe last year at the IX launch that he already knows what the Kobe 10, 11, and 12 all look like. They have clearly been planning to give Kyrie a shoe ever since he became one of the leagues brightest young stars. 

I will say I thought Harden or PG would get a signature before them. But I think it would be a shame if they all end up getting their own signature since that would dilute the market a little bit and take away from a signature shoe line being so coveted for an athlete. 
I still can't fathom why people think he got a shoe bcuz Bron's back in Clev
laugh.gif
 repped though it might have gotten him the push to have his come out slightly ahead of Harden when you think about it and PG is only bcuz of his injury but i know i read that his sig is coming next yr i just can't remember if it was a tweet or not, just gotta wait on Davis now

People think Kyrie only got a shoe because he's playing with Bron now but they fail to realize that Nike wouldn't put together a shoe in a couple months time. Nike spends a year or two prior to the release to create a signature for a player. I remember an interview I saw with Kobe last year at the IX launch that he already knows what the Kobe 10, 11, and 12 all look like. They have clearly been planning to give Kyrie a shoe ever since he became one of the leagues brightest young stars. 

I will say I thought Harden or PG would get a signature before them. But I think it would be a shame if they all end up getting their own signature since that would dilute the market a little bit and take away from a signature shoe line being so coveted for an athlete. 

I'm one of those people who believe it definitely helped push his sig line through to production. The only telling sign would be to see the production dates once his shoe drops. It doesn't seem crazy to me to think that Nike has people working on signatures for all their athletes who are "close." They probably have something in mind for harden and pg already. If production dates were post "decision pt 2", then I do believe lebron coming back to Cleveland played a role.

I think I stated it earlier, I really don't see Nike giving a sig to a player who constantly sits at the bottom of the worst conference.

Just my opinion though I could be completely wrong.

So I must gladly admit that I didn't pay these shoes no mind until recently and I went and messed around on nike id and fell in love with a pair lol... My question is have any of these came out and does anyone have any sizing details about these I wear a 10 in jordans but 10.5 in nike sbs so was wondering what would b better for me to go with

Edit never mind don't think anyone can answer that lol

Last edited:
I've been tracking this thread ever since pictures leaked, and i honestly thought the Dream colorway wasnt all that attractive until last night. It's one of those shoes in my opinion that you have to see being played in to really see the full potential.

I think Dreams will have the same effect on me as the Kobe 8 sulfurs did - didn't like them till I saw them in person and tried them on to see on-foot looks.

Dreams will be copped. Then I'll wait for a different pair that catches my eye. Looking forward to seeing harden shoe too, love that Nike is getting back to giving more guys sigs.

I still can't fathom why people think he got a shoe bcuz Bron's back in Clev :lol:  repped though it might have gotten him the push to have his come out slightly ahead of Harden when you think about it and PG is only bcuz of his injury but i know i read that his sig is coming next yr i just can't remember if it was a tweet or not, just gotta wait on Davis now
Looks like nike will have six signatures by next year. Harden n pg are next

Dreams remind me of the Kobe 8 "Christmas Lights" in a weird way, definitely want to give it a shot.

I knew George was getting a sig, but Harden is news to me. I honestly would have figured Harden would get one before Kyrie. Really a shame Nike let Curry walk, I feel like he'd have been the better choice for a sig launch over Kyrie.

Dreams remind me of the Kobe 8 "Christmas Lights" in a weird way, definitely want to give it a shot.

I knew George was getting a sig, but Harden is news to me. I honestly would have figured Harden would get one before Kyrie. Really a shame Nike let Curry walk, I feel like he'd have been the better choice for a sig launch over Kyrie.

For all we know, Curry's ankle problems could've been due to Nikes. He's wearing super high tops with UA. I also think a stiffer cushioning system also helps with stability. Even if Curry stayed, I think Kyrie's sig will still drop first since Curry's would come out next year due to the hype from this season.

I feel like paul George sig is already finished. .. he talked it his own sig to confidently when they asked him about the kobe 9...

For all we know, Curry's ankle problems could've been due to Nikes. He's wearing super high tops with UA. I also think a stiffer cushioning system also helps with stability. Even if Curry stayed, I think Kyrie's sig will still drop first since Curry's would come out next year due to the hype from this season.

I do think UA is a good fit for Curry, and his ankle rolls/sprains definitely seem to be down. Curry has been riding a ton of hype since his breakout at MSG in 2012/2013(54 points) and an eventual playoff upset against the Nuggets. I think his contract with Nike expired that summer(though he filmed Nike spots with Harden).

He was definitely poised to for stardom, ahead of Kyrie. Lebron returning to Cleveland had zero effect on Kyrie's signature sneaker. It's been in development for two years, and they started testing out Kyrie's viability with GR PE's(Hyperdunk 2013, which he launched) and the Hyperrev, which was the precursor to the Kyrie 1(which he also launched). Nike's been doing this for a while. Just like how PG launched the hyperdunk this year, and has his own PE version releasing.

Last edited:
Liking these more and more
Can't wait to c them in store
They look like they gonna be pretty light and if the fit is good then I think I be grabbin a pair or 2 and I'm def likin the price point

Man this thread attitude change so heavy from start to now people are **** on it then eat it up i guess....

Man this thread attitude change so heavy from start to now people are **** on it then eat it up i guess....
Yeah it's the turn, feared it would happen, was happy when everybody else was dissing them, especially the Dreams (that's the pair I want) but knew this would happen because it always does

Now I feel like one of those people "jumping on the band wagon" gonna have to cop my pair and keep my thought to my self

I hope numbers for the Dreams are not crazy low. Seeing all the other releases that week, may make these easy if numbers aren't crazy low.

On the market for a new a pair a shoes to hit the court in. These might do. Don't really care for the looks, just hope the form and function is there. Can't beat a nice signature performance sneaker for $110.

Back
Top Bottom