L/C on RARE 1991 OG Jordan 6 Carmine with swoosh (1 of 6 pairs made for TecTeck Tokyo)

I need a legit check on these. These are deadstock OG 1991 pairs that belong to a friend of mine in japan. he got them about 8 years ago when he had his own sneaker shop in Japan, which is now closed. these were displayed at his shop until it closed.

this is what i know about them. They were special ordered directly from Nike Japan by a shop called Tecteck in Tokyo and sold as a retail product, not samples or one offs. It is a was a well known sneaker shop, which was known to get exclusive pairs (i have included pics of the shop/owner from vintage magazines) but is now closed (in the 2000s?). There were only 6 pairs made, which i think would make it one of, if not the rarest retail pair sold. they were bought from a friend of the owner of TecTeck (which was I****aki san in the pictures below- i hear he works for Nike Japan now), who had 2 pairs and sold this one. the shoes were already shrink wrapped so we couldnt really check the inside, and came with the OG box, OG paper liner, nike bar code and size sticker (26cm - US size 8) , og flight club pamphlet. I know they did not make fakes like this in 1991 and if they did why only 6 pairs. i have seen the shoes in person, up close, and they are spot on, but want 2nd opinions. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Definitely legit..I know the next question is gonna be "how much are they worth?"

This is kinda tricky honestly..This is gonna be one of those "what are you willing to pay?" kinda things..They are very rare, however to be blunt, also very ugly..So you are going to be searching out someone who just has to have these, feel me? For instance there are MANY more super rare shoes out there that look much better and still are wearable, more recognizable etc. Before id give you an arm and leg for these, id cop some sample UNDEFTD 4s or something..These are simply OG carmines with an out of place black swoosh on the side even though there may only be 6 pairs.

There are also OG carmines that were rumored to release ONLY in Chicago with a "23" on the side panel..These are also rare, but dont USUALLY fetch their value bc they are also just simply ugly.. If i was you Id auction them and see what happens..Dont expect to be a millionaire in the morning though.

Last edited:
From my understanding these are a custom not a sample by Nike .
I keep having people say these were a custom/sample. i want to know where you heard that because i would like to know how everyone is getting their information. these are not customs or samples. they are retail pairs from what i have been told.  i have seen them in person, personally know the owner of the shoes and these do not appear, imo, to be a custom. he is in his 40s and has been a collector since the 80s.  he was also very,very skeptical and if he had doubts that these were customized, he would not have bought them for more than the price of the avg OG. 

Last edited:
Definitely legit..I know the next question is gonna be "how much are they worth?"

This is kinda tricky honestly..This is gonna be one of those "what are you willing to pay?" kinda things..They are very rare, however to be blunt, also very ugly..So you are going to be searching out someone who just has to have these, feel me? For instance there are MANY more super rare shoes out there that look much better and still are wearable, more recognizable etc. Before id give you an arm and leg for these, id cop some sample UNDEFTD 4s or something..These are simply OG carmines with an out of place black swoosh on the side even though there may only be 6 pairs.

There are also OG carmines that were rumored to release ONLY in Chicago with a "23" on the side panel..These are also rare, but dont USUALLY fetch their value bc they are also just simply ugly.. If i was you Id auction them and see what happens..Dont expect to be a millionaire in the morning though.
for the most part i agree. imo what makes these different were they were retail pairs not samples/1 offs. meaning nike japan was aware they sold these. he is looking for the buyer who ALREADY has eminem/undefeated 4s and wants to add to their collection.

as for the 23 carmines. from my understanding it was a chicago only type deal and only for members from nike's Jordan Flight Club

i don't think nike would only make 6 pairs of a retail shoe . Post a pic of the size tag .

Very cool. And it looks legit, as there's no way to replicate those patinas on the clear soles

I obviously can't give a definitive answer, but my initial thoughts would be that these are doctored... the Swoosh clearly looks like an afterthought, whereas if they were intentionally made that way by Nike, I think it's more likely the tail end of the Swoosh would be tucked under the back panel.

Back
Top Bottom