LA/Cali Trip 8/5-8/12

Visit my waffle truck www.wafflesdeliege.com for a birthday waffle :pimp:

As far as other attractions, the OC Fair is actually happening during your time here, so you might want to check it out.

Check out the Griffith Observatory in the late afternoon/evening, it's pretty chill. Lots of good restaurants in the DTLA Arts District (Bestia, Church and State, etc). If you want to chill somewhere, you can have an evening drink with your friends at Perch. If you want to get brunch, check out Bottega Louie in DTLA. Old Town Pasadena is a good place to browse, lots of places to shop and eat.

A trip to In'n'out is a must if you've never been. I recommend a double-double combo with animal-style fries :pimp: :pimp:

Catch a movie at The Dome at the Hollywood Arclight. Needless to say, visit the beach and admire our state's beautiful women :pimp:

Last edited:
Find a connect with a med card and get some bud...

:smokin

Yeah i'd scratch that trip to Oakland. Preseason sucks anyways. Your favorite starting players will play about 1 series and then they'll be pulled from the game. Waste of money in my opinion. I go to preseason games if I can win tickets or get them free from friends/family, but it isn't worth your hard earned money.

Not trying to talk crap on your favorite team but Raiders fans actually stink, as in they smell bad when you get them all together packed in a stadium. I've been to numerous Chargers/Raiders growing up in San Diego and know this first hand. Dudes must seriously live that raider/pirate lifestyle and not bathe much.

Check out the beach in Los Angeles if you don't get to see beaches often where you are. Santa Monica has a dope pier you can walk out on, really cool sights and views of the coast. Check out Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, etc. where you can see some rich and famous lifestyle type stuff. Those are two things that I think visitors should definitely see.

Santa Monica pier is fun. I love the arcade there.
The observatory tue or wed, on the weekend it's OD packed. ,ale sure you see the planetarium show.
Pinks hot dogs on la brea
The roscoes n gower street.

Veniceis super over rated in my opinion. It's dirty and people bother you. But I guess if you've never been its fun to see.

Also on the Sunday, make sure you hit the drew league in Compton. Your chance to be within 100 feet of basketball stars. Gilbert arenas was there , the game also plays on Sunday. Get there at around 11am and plan to stay the whole day. If you do make it out to long beach the the strip of bars there is right on pine. The pike is also a nice little shopping mall thing.

Manhattan beach pier has a nice strip of bars too. Patrick Malloys is the go to spot if you like whiskey.

Um... I can't think of anything else right now... Maybe go see a dodger game ? Seats are super cheap.

Beverly center also if you have money.

Oh yeah someone mentioned the traffic. Having lived here forever, plan your trips to places around this time frame (so you don't spend 2 hurs in traffic)

Rush hour is 7am-9am & 4pm-6:30pm this includes streets too. Not just freeways. Trust me.
Additionally. Northbound traffic in the morning starts around 6:30 with southbound traffic starting early around 3:30

YOU DO NOT WANT TO DRIVE ANYWHERE AT THESE TIMES. Also there is ALWAYS traffic around the downtown area (where the 110 meets the 101 and 10 freeways)

So let's say you're planning to eat dinner someplace at 5pm , do yourself a favor leave at 3pm and just find so,etching to do at a nearby mall.

I'm in Newport beach right now for a wedding, came from SF.... I swear every year I come down here the traffic is worst

Oh yeah someone mentioned the traffic. Having lived here forever, plan your trips to places around this time frame (so you don't spend 2 hurs in traffic)

Rush hour is 7am-9am & 4pm-6:30pm this includes streets too. Not just freeways. Trust me.
Additionally. Northbound traffic in the morning starts around 6:30 with southbound traffic starting early around 3:30

YOU DO NOT WANT TO DRIVE ANYWHERE AT THESE TIMES. Also there is ALWAYS traffic around the downtown area (where the 110 meets the 101 and 10 freeways)

So let's say you're planning to eat dinner someplace at 5pm , do yourself a favor leave at 3pm and just find so,etching to do at a nearby mall.

To add onto this, avoid the 405 and 5 freeways during rush hour. **** is just :x

Everyone has been a huge help
I've been adding everything to my memory and writing everything down in my notes
I really appreciate it
I fly out tomorrow
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom