**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

You guys need to stop acting like PG was going to make the team a contender single-handedly.

He won't but having one superstar and being one of the few teams with cap space to sign another would make us a very appealing team. PG said it himself, no one wants to be the first guy there. If BI plays well it'll help our chances at getting superstars too.

I can see a scenario where we strike out on PG, Westbrook, Lebron, Cousins, etc. and we end up using our precious cap space on extensions for Randle and Lopez :x :x :x

point of having paul george is he gets us out of being the worst team in the nba :lol:

i dont think any realistic fan thinks he makes us title contenders

were just tired of ******* losing man

Caruso is our savior y'all 
nthat.gif

Random thoughts on Lonzo's game:

+ As has been mentioned many times before, his court vision is remarkable. He has skills you can't teach.
+ Basketball IQ already amazing. These summer league players he's playing with aren't ready for his on-point passes which leads to some of his turnovers. Once he's out there with out starters it'll be a sight to behold. :smoking

- he's just an overage athlete. He's having issues driving by these summer league guys; this doesn't bode well for the NBA. If his jumper starts falling this shouldn't be as big of an issue. Which leads me too....
- I've always had concerns about his jumper and nothing I've seen so far has made me feel better. His release is slow and he needs a lot of space to get it off leading to him taking Curry range threes.
- He's getting cooked on defense. That fact that we had to hide him on defense against future d-leaguers worries me

This might make me sound like a hater but I don't like his body language. I get that not everyone can get a Westbrook or Kevin Garnett but he comes across as very aloof and 'too cool' on the court.

+ As has been mentioned many times before, his court vision is remarkable. He has skills you can't teach.
+ Basketball IQ already amazing. These summer league players he's playing with aren't ready for his on-point passes which leads to some of his turnovers. Once he's out there with out starters it'll be a sight to behold. :smoking

- he's just an overage athlete. He's having issues driving by these summer league guys; this doesn't bode well for the NBA. If his jumper starts falling this shouldn't be as big of an issue. Which leads me too....
- I've always had concerns about his jumper and nothing I've seen so far has made me feel better. His release is slow and he needs a lot of space to get it off leading to him taking Curry range threes.
- He's getting cooked on defense. That fact that we had to hide him on defense against future d-leaguers worries me

This might make me sound like a hater but I don't like his body language. I get that not everyone can get a Westbrook or Kevin Garnett but he comes across as very aloof and 'too cool' on the court.

Oh man here comes the body language talk. Didn't people talk a whole lot about DLo's body language? And look where he ended up...

ON GOD everything you said was said about DLO. Like word for word :lol:

Another plus - he's a culture changer. Being a pass first PG is infectious, makes everyone happy, makes everyone want to move the ball, play hard on D so they can run out on offense and get the Rock, when guys share the ball and everyone is getting touches and easy looks, they play harder, hustle more, give more effort on defense. Zo affects all of that by just being a passer

Last edited:
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has agreed to a one-year, $18 million deal with the Lakers, sources tell ESPN.

In the aiiiiiur

Back
Top Bottom