**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

we LIVE lil baby. Rich Paul knows what it is. Miley wassss good

MVP MVP

20197025_10103282709875148_1850765857_n.png
Fake news

Rich called Rob when the Pistons renounced KCP. He called about KCP. But media now saying it was probably about LeBron because Rich also repps LeBron.

Fake news

Rich called Rob when the Pistons renounced KCP. He called about KCP. But media now saying it was probably about LeBron because Rich also repps LeBron.
this is exactly what happened

but now Rob has a reason to Call Rich Paul and hit him with the " so, if lebron wants to dip again...we have a vision...lets build"

this is exactly what happened

but now Rob has a reason to Call Rich Paul and hit him with the " so, if lebron wants to dip again...we have a vision...lets build"
Ya this is definitely more likely it. Rich called about KCP....now we have KCP. KCP can tell Rich how awesome the Lakers organization is and how well they treat folks and how he's a celebrity in LA. Lebron becomes free agent. Rob calls Rich because now they have communicated over the course of the year and have a relationship. Giving us an interview at least.

how do you know what was talked about?
How do YOU know what they talked about?

Article insinuates the convo was about LeBron...while other reports clearly state the timing of it was right after KCP was renounced and therefore Rich was looking for a team with lots of cap space for 1 year since RIch Paul's clients always bet on themselves.

I'm also unfairly reacting to another article and report by ESPN about this same case where they talk about this phone call but never even mention KCP being the main topic of discussion

If you see anything other than #1 and the year we're in (2017=#17, 2018=#18, etc.) it's fake.
Wow so all those Steph Curry Davidson jerseys you see in the stands are fake too?

If thats the case then I'm ordering a Ball jersey from Amazon, fake or not its only 20 bucks!

How do YOU know what they talked about?

Article insinuates the convo was about LeBron...while other reports clearly state the timing of it was right after KCP was renounced and therefore Rich was looking for a team with lots of cap space for 1 year since RIch Paul's clients always bet on themselves.

I'm also unfairly reacting to another article and report by ESPN about this same case where they talk about this phone call but never even mention KCP being the main topic of discussion

Oh I have no idea what they talked about. It could've been 100% kcp talk and not a single mention of Bron...or it could've been 50-50...or it could've been 100% bron and no talk about kcp at all. And all kcp talk could've been through text. Who knows.

the jersey numbering claim is completely false. But...the player names will not be on the jersey. There are a multitude of numbers available though.

I have mixed feelings about Lebron coming over.

I have a feeling its going to be a classic Lakers situation...we get a great or former great...he comes here, gets injured.

Nash (played like 5 mins for us), Howard (although he was injured prior to coming to LA), Malone (was an iron man til he came to LA).

If we do go after him hope its not for longer than a 2 year deal. I guess it all depends on Ingram and Ball. If they show tons of promise then I can see wanting to be more reluctant with Bron. IF they flat out stink then yes I would go all in for Bron bc who else you got?

I just dont want him slowing the growth of our guys or turning him into the type of players that he needs them to be. I'd rather they just grow up together without him, a la warriors, and just figure it out on their own. Ball doesnt need bron to mentor him, he has Magic.

I just dont want him slowing the growth of our guys or turning him into the type of players that he needs them to be. I'd rather they just grow up together without him, a la warriors, and just figure it out on their own. Ball doesnt need bron to mentor him, he has Magic.
Plus we know Ball and Lebron both need the ball to be successful.

Lonzo distributes the ball quickly. He won't consume a lot of the play clock setting up a play, which mean LeBron can get the ball early in the play and do what he needs to do.

Plus we know Ball and Lebron both need the ball to be successful.

I disagree. Ball does his best work early in transition. He's better than advertised in PnR, but still has some work to do. He's great at cutting and moving off the ball. Once he starts hitting that spot up 3 consistently, he'll be fine playing off ball

the jersey numbering claim is completely false. But...the player names will not be on the jersey. There are a multitude of numbers available though.

How do you mean false? Here's a report by the NY Times on it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/06/...llege-players-jerseys-seem-numbered.html?_r=0

In the future, university officials said, Ohio State’s retail jerseys will follow that new pattern of featuring either No. 1 or the last two digits of the year. Other numbers will be available, but only on personalized jerseys that feature a buyer-selected name, which cannot be that of a current or former player.

The change is partly a result of the Ed O’Bannon case, which explicitly challenged colleges’ right to make money off players’ images without compensation. On Friday, a federal appeals court temporarily stayed a ruling that declared that N.C.A.A. rules banning such compensation were a violation of antitrust laws.

Rose
Clarkson
Kuzma
Deng
Nance Jr

Not bad 2nd unit should it come to fruition.

Back
Top Bottom