**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

A loss to the Magic tomorrow and we should officially start tanking.

Nice stats for Dlo today
17 pts, almost 50% shooting

If you look at stats alone you'd think he played great offensively

But his defense and costly turnovers affected the outcome
Part of it is youth, part of it is he's slow laterally on D and too careless

Maybe he's still the only player in 30 yrs with 15 ppg in under 30 minutes , but he has a long way to go to be an all star level player

Last edited:
Maybe he's still the only player in 30 yrs with 15 ppg in under 30 minutes , but he has a long way to go to be an all star level player

Nobody said he doesn't.

What it was saying is even for all the shortcomings, and all the **** he's been getting... He's been still really good.

And if he inexperienced and makes stupid decisions right now, when it clicks on all cylinders, it's a whole new ballgame for him

sucks to watch these close games be lost when we had big leads, hopefully these learning pains translate into future wins

Thing is about D'Lo's stats, they're not really impactful in the game. Whatever he scores on offense he usually gives up on the other end. The nice passes are negated by careless turnovers and decisions. So the net ends up being he's just out there. But we have to have him be something no other way around it.

Last edited:
We're reaching an end to Jordan Clarkson & Lou Williams...

Too redundant to be out there at the same time.

One of them has gotta go, and either finish the SG hole in the starting lineup... Or backup PG or Center off the bench

Their saving grace, is that they typically have been playing other 2nd units, which normally stink, or vastly inefficient..

With Clarkson / BI / Nance... You need 14 , 9 , 8 in terms of points... That alone is 23th in league of bench points.. If you can get 10-12 from Nick and the backup PG & C, it puts you 3rd in the league with bench scoring

Last edited:
Nobody said he doesn't.

What it was saying is even for all the shortcomings, and all the **** he's been getting... He's been still really good.

And if he inexperienced and makes stupid decisions right now, when it clicks on all cylinders, it's a whole new ballgame for him

Hope you're right, a red flag for me is his attitude. If he gets beat by his man over and over, I want to see the desire. I want him to use his 4-5 inch advantage to chase down a smaller PG who has a step on him and challenge a shot ( alter or block ). Like come on young fella, we need a win bad, how bad do u want it?

[
Hope you're right, a red flag for me is his attitude. If he gets beat by his man over and over, I want to see the desire. I want him to use his 4-5 inch advantage to chase down a smaller PG who has a step on him and challenge a shot ( alter or block ). Like come on young fella, we need a win bad, how bad do u want it?

He can be good on-ball.. When he's using his intangibles. But it does wane.

Still a long ways to go.

I would hope we can put some defensive players around him...

Mozzy is a decent help defender..

But you look around the perimeter, a lot of WELP.. Whole damn team looks like dog **** on defense. Especially when we're needlesly switching our PG onto a SF for whatever reason.

It's why I would prefer we do some reshuffling around the perimeter with our personnel

New starting SG. New backup PG... Move Deng to the 4 more.

Last edited:
Thing is about D'Lo's stats, they're not really impactful in the game. Whatever he scores on offense he usually gives up on the other end. The nice passes are negated by careless turnovers and decisions. So the net ends up being he's just out there. But we have to have him be something no other way around it.
Great point. There is no way around this. Good point.
When he is aggressive he is good, but sometimes I feel like he is cocky with his passing or something because some of the windows he chooses to pass through baffles me.

D'Angelo "no sleeve" Russell. Everyone here except Essential who, by the way thinks Russell is "really good" because his stats say so lol, made good points about Hollywood's lack of a, b, c, d, e, and f.

He's just "out there."

He makes little impact on the game overall.

Opposing teams don't see him as a threat.

He's careless with the ball. He has no intensity and no desire. He has little to no killer instinct. 

He does not LEAD and WILL his team because like I keep sayin, dude is straight up average. blah blah blah.

Hollywood Russell. Yes folks, let's all be patient because in 3-4 years, he will prove us all wrong when he's the starting PG on the Western Conference All-Star team.

This guy couldn't lead a squadron of flies to elephant manure if his life depended on it.

Game Over. Goodnight. Hasta la vista road trip. What up Shaq, you da man.

Last edited:
D'Angelo "no sleeve" Russell. Everyone here except Essential who, by the way thinks Russell is "really good" because his stats say so lol, made good points about Hollywood's lack of a, b, c, d, e, and f.

He's just "out there."

He makes little impact on the game overall.

Opposing teams don't see him as a threat.

He's careless with the ball. He has no intensity and no desire. He has little to no killer instinct. 

He does not LEAD and WILL his team because like I keep sayin, dude is straight up average. blah blah blah.

Hollywood Russell. Yes folks, let's all be patient because in 3-4 years, he will prove us all wrong when he's the starting PG on the Western Conference All-Star team.

This guy couldn't lead a squadron of flies to elephant manure if his life depended on it.

Game Over. Goodnight. Hasta la vista road trip. What up Shaq, you da man.

Stats are results you dullard.

Per chance, step out of your barber shop, full of guys who would have been in the NBA had they been able to shoot, or if they were 6'5", or had their coach in high school played him just a bit more, or had their D3 team had just a bit more recognition. If only that happened, they for sure would have been in the NBA.

Because we've gone over this day after day, of things you say. That show you clearly either are talking out of your hind end at best, or at worst, someone who has no clue what he's talking about.

How many Pau never led his team to the playoffs, or Nick Young plays so much better without Russell, or the Lakers need to go after Boogie Cousins because he will lead them to the promise land with just him, Clarkson, Ingram & Nance, as if you're not describing exactly with the current Kings roster is. Or D'Angelo is average at best, but will net us a Top 15 player, with Mozgov. Or D'Angelo has no impact on the game, when Brandon Ingram is a Star when he's off to a worse start than Russell was at this point Rookie Season... Brandon Ingram is off to a similar start that Emmanuel Mudiay had if you want a apt comparison. Emmanuel Mudiay stunk last year by the way. That's not even to say Brandon Ingram won't be good, but it's called context, of even if he will be good or great, he's off to a worse start than Russell was in his rookie season.

A lack of actual context, or simple quick double check on facts, or hell even a half-hearted attempt at not sounding like your local talk radio gas bag would be appreciated.

or even the funniest thing you said:

You know it's a meniscus because when you played HIGH SCHOOL HOOPS in 1991, you can diagnose exactly what a meniscus tear is in 2016 just by watching. And even if it is a meniscus tear, you essentially gave us your own version of... I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

You played high school ball, that's cool, give it a rest. That's not some sort of qualification for anything. I once had to change my tires, and swapped out headlights and taillights. Doesn't mean I am suddenly a mechanic, or can tell you what's wrong with your engine just by looking at the outside of your car. We don't want to hear about what you did then, or how your coach taught you, or how you once played against a guy who sat on the bench of a mid major D1.

The best thing this world has ever done was leave the I grow up in the entirety of the 1980s, therefore I know the way - kind of dudes in the dust. The world collectively stopped listening to dudes like that because they got old, they got tired, they got washed up, they got to the point that every sentence of every point they made was "In my day, we did this."
Nobody wants to hear that. Adapt to the times around you, or they die a miserable death. It goes with many things hip hop and basketball being major examples.

He makes little impact on the game... When most of our roster is better when he's on the court. Including the bench players who no longer look like actual crap (not figurative crap)... Actual crap. 42% from the field, 31% from 3, we scored 98.7, 19 APG, 16 TOPG, other team scored 112 on 48% & 38%, 12 TOPG.... That's OKC through PHX 11/22 - 12/9

Russell has come back, 44.6%, 37.6% from 3, 103.7, 22 APG, 14.3 TOPG... Other team 111 on 46.1% & 37.3%, 13.5 TOPG. That is NYK game through Chicago.... Basketball Reference has yet to add the Heat game.

We've seen him have killer instinct before. We've seen him carry the team in games.. Nice try though.

No Killer Instinct... You know not to compare him to a Top 5 All Time Player.... And Russell will never be a Top 5 All Time Player, so let's stop it right there... Remember when LeBron was soft, couldn't handle big moments, doesn't have the killer instinct, doesn't have the clutch gene. Until he did.

And that's not even comparing him to LeBron, because as is clear, he'll never be LeBron, nobody will... That's just pointing out how utterly stupid it is to talk about something so trivial as killer instincts, and who has it and who doesn't in YEAR 2 of someone's career. You can look at all the guys 5 years or less, and maybe 1 or 2 guys may have whatever it is you're talking about. Because really, there's no criteria to what is being said that isn't ENTIRELY subjective.

Has Boogie Cousins ever led his team, or willed his team to anything but lottery picks.. Boogie is a magnificent player. But has he ever truly pulled his team up by the bootstraps, and led them to anything but a 30-35 win season. Because I've seen 5 20-29 win seasons, and a 33 win season, and on pace for another 33 win season. He really changed that team around. Your solution is to basically stay a Gutted Young Team with Boogie Cousins, because of course, Boogie Cousins really has been a great leader of men.

BREAK. LET'S TAKE A STEP BACK

You're hell bent on trading for a guy who you can have FOR NOTHING IN RETURN, in 18 & 1/2 months.

Somehow we get Aaron Gordon & DJ Augustin for Randle and a bunch of rentals. Not to mention Aaron Gordon has been largely disappointing, and there's a lot of is he as good as previously thought going on.

We also somehow get Cousins for Russell & Mozgov..

Again wait why the hell are the Magic trading Serge Ibaka for a rental of Rudy Gay... When they just traded Oladipo for Serge.

Either Russell & Randle stink, or have loads of potential... Or they are just average. It can't be all 3. But somehow, we have these 2 young guys who won't be anything better than average, but they fetch us a Top 15 Player & the Magic guy their team for rentals & Randle.

You did once stay at a Holiday Inn Express though

Last edited:
Stats are results you dullard.

Per chance, step out of your barber shop, full of guys who would have been in the NBA had they been able to shoot, or if they were 6'5", or had their coach in high school played him just a bit more, or had their D3 team had just a bit more recognition. If only that happened, they for sure would have been in the NBA.

Because we've gone over this day after day, of things you say. That show you clearly either are talking out of your hind end at best, or at worst, someone who has no clue what he's talking about.

How many Pau never led his team to the playoffs, or Nick Young plays so much better without Russell, or the Lakers need to go after Boogie Cousins because he will lead them to the promise land with just him, Clarkson, Ingram & Nance, as if you're not describing exactly with the current Kings roster is. Or D'Angelo is average at best, but will net us a Top 15 player, with Mozgov. Or D'Angelo has no impact on the game, when Brandon Ingram is a Star when he's off to a worse start than Russell was at this point Rookie Season... Brandon Ingram is off to a similar start that Emmanuel Mudiay had if you want a apt comparison. Emmanuel Mudiay stunk last year by the way. That's not even to say Brandon Ingram won't be good, but it's called context, of even if he will be good or great, he's off to a worse start than Russell was in his rookie season.

A lack of actual context, or simple quick double check on facts, or hell even a half-hearted attempt at not sounding like your local talk radio gas bag would be appreciated.

or even the funniest thing you said:

You know it's a meniscus because when you played HIGH SCHOOL HOOPS in 1991, you can diagnose exactly what a meniscus tear is in 2016 just by watching. And even if it is a meniscus tear, you essentially gave us your own version of... I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

You played high school ball, that's cool, give it a rest. That's not some sort of qualification for anything. I once had to change my tires, and swapped out headlights and taillights. Doesn't mean I am suddenly a mechanic, or can tell you what's wrong with your engine just by looking at the outside of your car. We don't want to hear about what you did then, or how your coach taught you, or how you once played against a guy who sat on the bench of a mid major D1.

The best thing this world has ever done was leave the I grow up in the entirety of the 1980s, therefore I know the way - kind of dudes in the dust. The world collectively stopped listening to dudes like that because they got old, they got tired, they got washed up, they got to the point that every sentence of every point they made was "In my day, we did this."
Nobody wants to hear that. Adapt to the times around you, or they die a miserable death. It goes with many things hip hop and basketball being major examples.

He makes little impact on the game... When most of our roster is better when he's on the court. Including the bench players who no longer look like actual crap (not figurative crap)... Actual crap. 42% from the field, 31% from 3, we scored 98.7, 19 APG, 16 TOPG, other team scored 112 on 48% & 38%, 12 TOPG.... That's OKC through PHX 11/22 - 12/9

Russell has come back, 44.6%, 37.6% from 3, 103.7, 22 APG, 14.3 TOPG... Other team 111 on 46.1% & 37.3%, 13.5 TOPG. That is NYK game through Chicago.... Basketball Reference has yet to add the Heat game.

We've seen him have killer instinct before. We've seen him carry the team in games.. Nice try though.

No Killer Instinct... You know not to compare him to a Top 5 All Time Player.... And Russell will never be a Top 5 All Time Player, so let's stop it right there... Remember when LeBron was soft, couldn't handle big moments, doesn't have the killer instinct, doesn't have the clutch gene. Until he did.

And that's not even comparing him to LeBron, because as is clear, he'll never be LeBron, nobody will... That's just pointing out how utterly stupid it is to talk about something so trivial as killer instincts, and how has it and who doesn't in YEAR 2 of someone's career. You can look at all the guys 5 years or less, and maybe 1 or 2 guys may have whatever it is you're talking about. Because really, there's no criteria to what is being said that isn't ENTIRELY subjective.

Has Boogie Cousins ever led his team, or willed his team to anything but lottery picks.. Boogie is a magnificent player. But has he ever truly pulled his team up by the bootstraps, and led them to anything but a 30-35 win season. Because I've seen 5 20-29 win seasons, and a 33 win season, and on pace for another 33 win season. He really changed that team around. Your solution is to basically stay a Young Team with Boogie Cousins, because of course, Boogie Cousins really has been a great leader of men.

BREAK. LET'S TAKE A STEP BACK

You're hell bent on trading for a guy who you can have FOR NOTHING IN RETURN, in 18 & 1/2 months.

Somehow we get Aaron Gordon & DJ Augustin for Randle and a bunch of rentals. Not to mention Aaron Gordon has been largely disappointing, and there's a lot of is he as good as previously thought going on.

We also somehow get Cousins for Russell & Mozgov..

Again wait why the hell are the Magic trading Serge Ibaka for a rental of Rudy Gay... When they just traded Oladipo for Serge.

Either Russell & Randle stink, or have loads of potential... Or they are just average. It can't be all 3. But somehow, we have these 2 young guys who won't be anything better than average, but they fetch us a Top 15 Player & the Magic guy their team for rentals & Randle.

You did once stay at a Holiday Inn Express though

View media item 2272720

Despite the losses and valid criticisms, this team has shown flashes of brilliance at times recently. Gonna be nice when they put it together

LMAO...dude wrote a book. Damn near quoted everything I wrote in the last week lol. That's how I know I'm in your head, but more importantly lets me know you're paying close attention.

We'll see who will be eating crow when it's all said and done. And once Russell and/or Randle is shipped outta town, people such as yourself won't hear the end of it. Capisci?!

Keep spewing out the PER, the %'s, the numbers, and the endless essays buddy. Keep at it. I already know your mantra. I get it brotha, you want to look good and sound like a genius because of all your "research." Maybe you can get a job with the Clippers scout team.

Welcome to my barbershop. Where Hollywood types such as DLo pay top dollar. 

Holla!

Last edited:
This thread is so hostile now lmao

Whip we get it, you think DLo is an average player and should be traded for a star while he still has value. No need to keep pointing out every 3 seconds that he's trash. Let's keep the discussion fresh and positive if possible. If you wanna say DLo is terrible every post, put it in your sig

I mean you're not completely wrong about DLo but there's just too much underlying hate

As fans we should want him to succeed as much as possible

With that said, DLo has a lot of work to do on the defensive end. He has a terrible defensive rating of 112. So his offensive value at this point is being negated by poor defensive play. However his contributions to the teams overall offense appears to be beneficial although not directly quantifiable

This thread is so hostile now lmao

Whip we get it, you think DLo is an average player and should be traded for a star while he still has value. No need to keep pointing out every 3 seconds that he's trash. Let's keep the discussion fresh and positive if possible. If you wanna say DLo is terrible every post, put it in your sig

I mean you're not completely wrong about DLo but there's just too much underlying hate

As fans we should want him to succeed as much as possible

With that said, DLo has a lot of work to do on the defensive end. He has a terrible defensive rating of 112. So his offensive value at this point is being negated by poor defensive play. However his contributions to the teams overall offense appears to be beneficial although not directly quantifiable
Well said man. I can respect and appreciate your comments.

If/when I can finally see DLo put forth the same kind of effort on the court as he does with his hairstyles and show some fire in his game, maybe then will there be less of that "underlying hate" you speak of. But until then, I will criticize what I see on the floor like there's no tomorrow whether or not eople on this thread like it. 

After all, this is a public forum where opinions about the Lakers both negative and positive are welcome, so long as no personal insults are being thrown at members.

Last edited:
Fasho I can respect that as well

And agreed about not letting things get personal. I understand it may be tough to do so especially with our losing streak(s) of late. But people are bound to have differing opinions lol. You've done of good job of refraining from that though so I also respect that man

Let's keep the discussion insightful instead of just criticizing the poster. Lots of ad hominem arguments goin on lol

lmao accusing dlo and the rest of team for losing to a heat team a matchup that is bad for the lakers , lakers team has bright future and plays fine but without a solid BIG to protect the paint you cant do much nowdays 

Back
Top Bottom