**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Damn :lol:

I'm not giving up on him yet. But if he doesn't step it up in this next month in a half without rondo it's gonna be hard to make a case for him

Lonzo “Air” Ball got his air ball average tonight AGAIN

seriously y’all ain’t alarmed by him averaging 1.2 air balls per game?

Lonzo “Air” Ball got his air ball average tonight AGAIN

seriously y’all ain’t alarmed by him averaging 1.2 air balls per game?

That's a shocking stat.
I'm a just for fun amateur player and after playing almost 25 years of basketball, i probably had a handful of air balls in games.
I'm not claiming to be a good shooter but i take mostly only good shots and not trying to force any spectacular moves since i got older.
But as someone who has been hyped so much in the media, he should really work on himself not to be exposing himself to big laughter.

That's a shocking stat.
I'm a just for fun amateur player and after playing almost 25 years of basketball, i probably had a handful of air balls in games.
I'm not claiming to be a good shooter but i take mostly only good shots and not trying to force any spectacular moves since i got older.
But as someone who has been hyped so much in the media, he should really work on himself not to be exposing himself to big laughter.

:rofl:

SelfreliantFormalDarwinsfox-size_restricted.gif

Lol at Lonzo

To his defense he never worked on his shot this summer bc of injury. Best case for him is, he is healthy this summer and shoots every single day etc.

Anyhow, watching Doncic is funny bc he is playing how Magic thought Lonzo would. He is the Magic “jersey in the rafters” Lonzo

I'm just proud of him for being able to gather the confidence to drive to his left while attempting his shots.
I know the air balls and the jokes are funny, of course Im cringing too.

But to be positive, last year he would have never even tried to take a shot while driving to his left.
Its awkward for sure, but he is subtly gaining confidence and visibly working on incorporating various shots and fundamentals into his game.

Its not easy to change the form you've been shooting with your whole life completely in one off-season.
He made adjustments to his form, and it definitely looks better.
He made adjustments to his fundamentals, and it definitely opens up more scoring opportunities as we can see by his increased shot selection.

He is making progress, regardless of if he is shooting 0 for 40 or not.
Im not concerned about the mid-range shots falling as much as I am concerned about his ability to create space and create open mid-range shots for himself while driving in any direction.

He is showing that he is capable and willing to work and improve that aspect of his offensive game, and that personally pleases me.
So yes, although the loss and his air balls are embarrassing, I was happy in the grand scheme of things that he is gaining confidence and obviously working on all facets of his game.

"Stop caping for him its embarrassing."
That shot does look embarrassing sometimes and no one is caping for him.
But he is our point guard, and he is 21 years old.
He is going to be with us for a very long time, so we need to be able to objectively review his progressions just as much as we are clearly reviewing his flaws.

He's never going to be Kyrie, OBVIOUSLY...but I see the mid-range improvement, and the aggression. Its subtle, but its there.
The shots will fall, but the confidence is the hardest part to achieve and to see him progressing in that is more important to me than the shots missing.

I'm just proud of him for being able to gather the confidence to drive to his left while attempting his shots.

But to be positive, last year he would have never even tried to take a shot while driving to his left.
Its awkward for sure, but he is subtly gaining confidence and visibly working on incorporating various shots and fundamentals into his game.

Its not easy to change the form you've been shooting with your whole life completely in one off-season.
He made adjustments to his fundamentals, and it definitely opens up more scoring opportunities as we can see by his increased shot selection.

Im not concerned about the mid-range shots falling as much as I am concerned about his ability to create space and create open mid-range shots for himself while driving in any direction.

He is showing that he is capable and willing to work and improve that aspect of his offensive game, and that personally pleases me.
So yes, although the loss and his air balls are embarrassing, I was happy in the grand scheme of things that he is gaining confidence and obviously working on all facets of his game.

He is going to be with us for a very long time, so we need to be able to objectively review his progressions just as much as we are clearly reviewing his flaws.

He's never going to be Kyrie, OBVIOUSLY...but I see the mid-range improvement, and the aggression. Its subtle, but its there.
The shots will fall, but the confidence is the hardest part to achieve and to see him progressing in that is more important to me than the shots missing.

Wait a second going to his left is actually easier for him since he shoots from the left side of his body. It’s going RIGHT that everyone says is more difficult because his body is going right and he shoots from his left

Lol never going to be kyrie?

Dude he aint even d’angelo russell.

Smush parker look like god compared to this cat...

You sound like mama ball rn

Back
Top Bottom