**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

What the naysayers cant seem to understand is when you have 2 elite players plus championship level chemistry, you may not even need a 3rd scorer.

Who was the Bulls' "consistent 3rd scorer"? Kukoc? Paxson? Lol

How bout the Shaq-Kobe Lakers after Rice was gone? We had Fox, Fish, Rob, BShaw, all capable of getting hot and scoring 15-20 any given night.

We had Kobe and Pau, but we never knew from game to game who among LO, Bynum, Ariza, Artest, or Fish would come through with a big scoring night.

Was disappointed in dwight's performance yesterday. I thought he would be able to hold his own against Harrell but guess not

Harrell is too quick for him.

Thing is nobody really played well against him because he doesn't get his own shot. I think he had one post score. Everything else was rebounds or from the big rotating to cover the driver.

I think playing Morris made sense.

KCP, Bradley, Green, Caruso, Waiters, and Rondo is one hell of a balance guard unit

And Lakers have hands down the best frontline in basketball.

Gonna be very difficult to stop us.

Yes, Harrell is a pain in the ***

Yes, Trez' energy makes him the new Manimal.

But Pelinka already one step ahead.

Cacok will be Trez' problem not too long from now. By the time Cacok is in the rotation, Trez gonna be looking like old draymond green.

Speaking of Dray and when SFW returns....Cacok gonna give him fits in 2021-22 as well.

Ntm, THT.

This roster gonna be loaded in next 3 years

Cacok will be Trez' problem not too long from now. By the time Cacok is in the rotation, Trez gonna be looking like old draymond green.

Speaking of Dray and when SFW returns....Cacok gonna give him fits in 2021-22 as well.

Ntm, THT.

and boogie coming byke

Y’all over reacting

BKN gonna give us fits. They will be playing in Atkinsons honor.

Ntm, THT.

Doubt trez will even be on the clips after this season.

Doubt trez will even be on the clips after this season.

Damn didn't know he was a UFA.

What is the Clippers cap situation? I wonder what the market would be for him.

Edit:

Just looked at the Clippers cap. Unless they plan to go deep in the Luxury tax, a couple of thier guys are gone.

Last edited:
ESrssOkUwAAVA_K

Damn didn't know he was a UFA.

What is the Clippers cap situation? I wonder what the market would be for him.

Edit:

Just looked at the Clippers cap. Unless they plan to go deep in the Luxury tax, a couple of thier guys are gone.

Ballmer got em deep pockets

congrats on the win guys, this is definitely a different laker team than our previous 2 encounters.

a few things.

1. lebron is still the mvp in the game
2. nice to see AD blossom into a legit 2 way superstar right before everyone's eyes
3. clippers are going to have a problem with the lakers size and they have exploited that
4. clippers have way too much offensive firepower but it's not being utilized properly. biggest fear is doc not being able to figure it out with a month left before the post season.

now that being said. here's a few things that I think that would work out in OUR favor in a 7 game series.

1. vogel absolutely loves rondo...his hubris of playing favorites will become a problem since caruso and kcp deserves all of his minutes.

2. i dont think avery bradley will ever have that type of game again in the playoffs. it was a one off. an outlier. sorry.

3. clips supporting cast shot an abysmal 9/45 for only 25 points. YES ...25 points. That ain't gonna happen again.

4. kawhi was a spectator for the most part. in a playoff game, i don't think anyone in LA can stop kawhi.

i think vogel showed his hand way too early. im already looking at LA's best offensive and defensive schemes. and while its impressive, i still feel the clippers can overcome their mental lapses and inefficiencies.

going to be a good playoff series. i wish your team continued health and success, it would be a crime not to see these two in the playoffs -like kobe vs lebron.

peace

congrats on the win guys, this is definitely a different laker team than our previous 2 encounters.

a few things.

2. nice to see AD blossom into a legit 2 way superstar right before everyone's eyes
3. clippers are going to have a problem with the lakers size and they have exploited that
4. clippers have way too much offensive firepower but it's not being utilized properly. biggest fear is doc not being able to figure it out with a month left before the post season.

now that being said. here's a few things that I think that would work out in OUR favor in a 7 game series.

1. vogel absolutely loves rondo...his hubris of playing favorites will become a problem since caruso and kcp deserves all of his minutes.

2. i dont think avery bradley will ever have that type of game again in the playoffs. it was a one off. an outlier. sorry.

3. clips supporting cast shot an abysmal 9/45 for only 25 points. YES ...25 points. That ain't gonna happen again.

4. kawhi was a spectator for the most part. in a playoff game, i don't think anyone in LA can stop kawhi.

i think vogel showed his hand way too early. im already looking at LA's best offensive and defensive schemes. and while its impressive, i still feel the clippers can overcome their mental lapses and inefficiencies.

going to be a good playoff series. i wish your team continued health and success, it would be a crime not to see these two in the playoffs -like kobe vs lebron.

peace

You paying up or what?

Who would trade for somebody they could sign out right? He is a UFA.

thought he was restricted my bad.
still though, they can do a sign & trade like Dlo for Kd when GSW was capped out. However It’s not as easy as it sounds.

a few things.

peace
1. We are all worried about Rondo's minutes, valid point.

2. It doesn't have to be bradley specifically. The first game it was Green, second Kuz. It can be one guy or a combination of guys hitting timely shots. Also, bradley completely took Beverly out of the game, he couldn't even dribble up court and get into the offense. AB has been great in his role and shooting it well lately.

3. As I pointed out in the NBA thread, out defense is able to run your guys off the 3 point line, 1. Because you shooters arent playmakers (except for lou will) and we have real shot blockers on the back line. I dont see that changing.

4. Kawhi was pretty good and will get his. He missed some makeable 3s but Bron and AD made it tough. The issue with the clips, and something a lot of us saw is that yall dont have the playmakers to get easy buckets when the defense tightens up. You gotta hope lou will, PG and Kawhi are all hitting tough shots.

5. **** the clippers.

Back
Top Bottom