**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I take it back. I want is to boycott. On radio all they talking about is the bucks boycott. It works.

I wouldn’t be mad at all if they don’t play tonight. I hope they don’t play tonight. Some things are bigger than basketball.

I don’t want my team to leave. There are ways to still address it. Pool all your money and create ads for voting. Get these *******s out of office as first step.
99.9% agree with you most of the time besides this post. The players should not put a dollar amount on ending their protest. Offering their own money and still playing is ludicrous. The national conversation the players are provoking about social justice and police brutality is extremely powerful. Lobbyists and corporations spend hundreds of millions of dollars (possibly billions) (see Koch network for one) yearly to influence politics — an amount these players or ally corporations will never match. These peaceful protests haVe the power to influence politics AND raise money and awareness for noble charities and causes.

edit: I see you have come around and changed your mind. Make that 100% agreement

Reactions: DLF
grand-opening-grand-closing.jpg

It only there was no Covid. These boycotts would hit differently if owners lost on all those consession money

Would be all for a season cancellation

Not only for social injustice reasons but also bc the stress of watching my team in the playoffs is tough on my heart

Duh
I don’t know why everyone in the nba thread thinks this is it!

it’s 90 percent posturing(as it should be) at this stage. First rule of negotiation. Make a demand (owners do more) with a stark and drastic ultimatum. Owners will come through. They will give 50 percent of all profits to police reform, they will all call their local and state government officials and ask for change. They will call their billionairw buddies todo the same. They will all turn their stadiums into a polling station and fund it themselves.
This will calm them down and lakers and clippers will say “ok thanks. We will continue but be outspoken even more now”

Back
Top Bottom