**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Shaq has become underrated. If every big had half of his post game there would've never been a 3 point revolution

Having said that...do you think he was perfect for his era? I know we often say that players would evolve if they played in different eras but if he was around today, I feel he would have had to stay in Orlando Magic shape his whole career to not get played off the court. I could be way off base, though.

Having said that...do you think he was perfect for his era? I know we often say that players would evolve if they played in different eras but if he was around today, I feel he would have had to stay in Orlando Magic shape his whole career to not get played off the court. I could be way off base, though.
He'd be better than Embiid

He'd be better than Embiid

Great comparison! By nature of the evolution of the game he'd probably be forced to develop some semblance of a permiter game (Embiid shoots 32% from 3 but he launches 3 a game and defenders fear his pumpfakes). If he stayed in shape, I definitely agree with this.

I really don't even care :lol:. These things happen over the course of a season. It'd be different if they flamed out in the playoffs and needed to prove themselves in the regular season

Damn they blew one eh. IDK why but before I went to sleep at half time, I had a feeling that the Warriors would somehow sneak one in. :lol: Oh well, learn from this and into the next one.

Shaq has become underrated. If every big had half of his post game there would've never been a 3 point revolution

I'll give Shaq credit as a dominant player but his success wasn't because of his skill, it was because of his freakish athleticism and size. Shaq definitely had post moves but the key to his success was that team's knew exactly what was coming and they couldn't stop it. You can give an average big man Shaq's moves and skills but they wouldn't have been anywhere near as effective

Also, there would still have been a three-point revolution because teams could use shaq's size against him. If Shaq played nowadays, they'd switch him onto guards and big man who can shoot. He would still get his 35 or 40 but he would give it back on the opposite end

I'll give Shaq credit as a dominant player but his success wasn't because of his skill, it was because of his freakish athleticism and size. Shaq definitely had post moves but the key to his success was that team's knew exactly what was coming and they couldn't stop it. You can give an average big man Shaq's moves and skills but they wouldn't have been anywhere near as effective

Also, there would still have been a three-point revolution because teams could use shaq's size against him. If Shaq played nowadays, they'd switch him onto guards and big man who can shoot. He would still get his 35 or 40 but he would give it back on the opposite end
Shaq had hella skill and great touch on top of being a freak. That's what made him so dominant. He was excellent at getting position and when he did he was unstoppable then when he didn't get position he had enough skill to drop a hook over anybody. That's why hack a Shaq was a thing, there was literally nothing else you could do with him. If you've heard about Shaq's early career he talks about how he could barely even dunk. He had to put in work to become the player he was, that's why he has such a sensitive ego :lol:. You're almost making him sound like he was Dwight or something, he had infinitely more skill than a guy like him. Give a guy like DeAndre a percentage of Shaq's skill and he'd be a HOFer easy

The 3 point thing was hyperbole but if more bigs were capable of getting you an easy bucket at the rim there would've been less emphasis on the 3 ball. It still would've happened but probably would've been more gradual and less extreme

lets go, big game.

I know LJ and AD don’t want to drop 2 in a row + facing a potential finals opponent....

lets see how our guys respond

please frank less wes and more THT tonight

They’re literally not calling charges on Giannis anymore. We’ve seen like 3 or 4 in like the last 5 minutes, and they’re all being called blocking fouls. BS.

Back
Top Bottom