**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Was scrolling through some old photos and came across a few that I took back in 2015. This would be the last time I would see Kobe at Staples.
E83C66BD-89C9-4645-9BF7-A7E04C1E5B41.jpeg

D6CB6D35-ABC1-4757-A379-14AD8A2E6B83.jpeg

CF8C1919-8A25-488A-B36E-D2916254CE1C.jpeg

Yet even in death, Bryant continued to inspire Jacobs-Thymes through her cancer battle.

“She’d text me to say she wasn’t having the best of days,” Thymes said, “but Kobe’s words helped.”

Last August, she was declared to be cancer-free.

“She had that Mamba mentality,” Thymes said. “I never realized until that time that those two words meant more than basketball.”

this one hit hard :frown: Mamba Forever, RIP Kobe and Gigi, and the other seven.

As a grown man I feel silly that this still has the same affect on me today as it did the day that it happened. But I know in the grand scheme of things it isn't silly at all. Kobe was my childhood and still had an impact on me throughout college. I cried like a baby at this time last year, and still can't get through much Kobe content without getting those same feelings. I hope Kobe knows how many damn people he touched, how even though I wasn't the best basketball player, maybe I didn't model my game around him, but my work ethic and effort in everything I do in life for sure was in part because of him.

Back
Top Bottom