**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The capacity that some of you guys have to sweat regular season games amazes me. 😂 You guys are gonna have heart attacks worrying about this stuff. My sole concern is injury right now. Wake me up around game 50

squidward-sunglass_1.jpg

Get through the season healthy is all I’m asking for at this point. I like the roster, coaching could be better, and would be nice to see more effort at times but I get it.

On to the next one...

just let everyone prioritize health and get ready for the spring
ramp up post ASG

shortest turn around and they played the most games man lol
and the leader is 36 with 50K min logged lmao

think we'll be aite

but i do think we can maybe use some shot clock trades/signings tho feels like they need another player

During the early parts of last season when Kuz was struggling to find his role, I said Kuz has the ability to make a similar impact on the game a la what Shawn Marion did for the title winning Mavs of JKidd, Dirk, Tyson Chandler, or a combination of what Glen Rice and Rob Horry brought to the '99-'00 squad.

We now seeing Kuz moving without the ball, getting put backs and tip ins, getting offensive rebounds, developing a nose for the ball, improving his anticipation, slashing, filling the lane on fast breaks, playing excellent man to man D, and still occasionally hitting the three ball.

I'm thoroughly impressed with Kuz and so far he's earning that contract.

What I'd like to see more from Kuz is Recognition. Recognizing that Schroder and AD are out, I'd like to see Kuz re-adapt his game to the situation at hand, be extra assertive and go out and score 30-plus while continuing to do hustle plays and maintaining the defensive tenacity.

Kuz' overall game is starting to come to fruition. He's becoming a multi-faceted threat and I can't wait to see how he plays in the playoffs.

Early season grade: Solid B

Can’t believe we complaining about Gasol and Wes Matthews production when they literally getting paid the minimum :lol:

Exactly. I felt the same way about Dwight and Morris last season. They definitely had their moments when they were frustrating but what do you expect from buy out guys and players making the veteran minimum?

They'll be fine. I really wanted to see what Schroder gives them against the Nets. He's essentially the 3rd best defender behind AD and Bron too. He puts pressure on the top of that defense. I wanted to see a preview of that but we'll have to wait.

Wes has been bad, but he's spot minutes on the wing and if he gets hot, he gives you more than a min player. He can be bad with their depth there. Gasol however, has been awful. But he could barely move last year so it's no surprise. He's purely situational. We all knew Trez wasn't an All-NBA defender but **** he can't even play small ball 5 in spurts. He made Deandre Jordan look like Clippers DJ again. That would remedy alot of issues if he was at least serviceable there. He looked like Kuz playing center under Luke Walton. Maybe worse as Kuz wasn't always lost, just overmatched.

They just need a big (preferably a true big/7 footer) that will eat minutes who can give you something around the basket at both ends. It's been discussed ad-naseum, but Whiteside is exactly what they need in theory :lol: 10-15 min during the reg season and wearing down other teams interior. He ******* up? Bench him. Simple. It was a luxury last year with Javale+Dwight. They paced the reg season, then when things got tight and rotations slimmed playoff time Javale sat and Dwight got spot minutes. Same with Gasol and whoever they bring in. But they do need another big. Especially with AD resting. That could be attractive to someone trying to up their value for next season as well. I saw Alex Len's named floated and he would be cheap and work just fine as well. Especially with him extending his range to outside 3pt in the last few years.

I loved watching Quake and wanted to always see him catch lobs from Bron but those days are all but over and he doesn't provide anything defensively and at best he's what? Athletic Markieff? Drummond on a buyout would be manna from heaven but he's probably leaning to Brooklyn to have a bigger role. Interestingly enough though, DJ is KD and Kyrie boy so I wonder how that would work as he would have to take a drastic minutes cut to bring on Drummond and when things get tight playoff time he ain't seeing the floor.

Overall, the Lakers will be fine as presently constructed as long as AD is healthy and still can transform to SSplayoff AD. However, a true 5 that has a pulse wouldn't hurt.

If Drummond wants a bigger role I think Boston would be his best bet...his post up opportunities will be hard to come by in BK.

To be fair to Marc, he can't match up against smaller lineups so I'm not going to critique him much for last night's game...Vogel should've just mirrored his minutes with DJ from the jump but that would've made too much sense. He did hit a couple of three's and seemed to be looking for his shot lately so that helped.

Throwaway game, I didn't take much from it except the fact that Lebron can score at will against them whenever he wanted and THT is lost defensively.

Trade deadline is the the only date circled on my calendar at the moment...that and whenever a big man buyout happens.

Cook
Mckinnie
Possibly Morris
Should all be on trading block.

why would anyone want cook or mckinnie? Non-guaranteed contracts.

Trade deadline is the the only date circled on my calendar at the moment...that and whenever a big man buyout happens.
yeah like I like Marc and i feel like in the playoffs when things slow down more and its more half-court his ability to pass and stretch the floor will be helpful but rn in the fast paced regular szn he hasn't looked that great

I miss the positive energy Dwight and Javale brought on the sidelines with their antics and celebrations cheering on teammates. That stuff really matters

Marc just sits there observing the game smh. The other night he fell and Lebron didn’t help him up :lol:

LeGM will cut him soon

Back
Top Bottom