**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Yea but I can see potential in Ham to get past his own tactical stupidity. You can get learn and get better as a tactician & coach. But not so much people skills. That’s a natural thing hard to acquire.
I know lots of people were complaining about 3 guard lineups, and while I wasn’t a fan either I did understand the logic based on the roster construction. Troy, Austin, Max really has no chance against elite wing players…neither does Bev but I’d trust him more than any of the other guys to at least make people have to work harder to get a bucket.

If this team makes any kind of noise, I think Ham will vouch for Schroder to return next season. Probably for the TMLE at that.

It’s not a totally bad idea.

There’s 3 players that I hope they can acquire through trade, draft and exceptions
1. A wing who is a + defender and can knock down open shots
2. A backup Center
3. A backup PG who is competent

If they do that without sacrificing DLo/Beasley/Bron/Vando/AD it’s the best course of action to build a winner over the length of Bron/AD era

There’s 3 players that I hope they can acquire through trade, draft and exceptions
1. A wing who is a + defender and can knock down open shots WHO
2. A backup Center HASSAN
3. A backup PG who is competent NO

If they do that without sacrificing DLo/Beasley/Bron/Vando/AD it’s the best course of action to build a winner over the length of Bron/AD era

Wasn’t Shroeder 2nd in running for 6MOY with Thunder the year before he got with us. It’s actually the best role for him

sswtv141bjia1.jpg

Like I said Black

"...we still tend to see biracials not as equal members of both parent groups, but as belonging more to their minority parent group. The research appears in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.

“Many commentators have argued that the election of Barack Obama, and the increasing number of mixed-race people more broadly, will lead to a fundamental change in American race relations,” says lead author Arnold K. Ho, a Ph.D. student in psychology at Harvard. “Our work challenges the interpretation of our first biracial president, and the growing number of mixed-race people in general, as signaling a color-blind America.”

In the United States, the “one-drop rule” — also known as hypodescent — dates to a 1662 Virginia law on the treatment of mixed-race individuals. The legal notion of hypodescent has been upheld as recently as 1985, when a Louisiana court ruled that a woman with a black great-great-great-great-grandmother could not identify herself as “white” on her passport.

“One of the remarkable things about our research on hypodescent is what it tells us about the hierarchical nature of race relations in the United States,” says co-author James Sidanius, professor of psychology and of African and African-American studies at Harvard. “Hypodescent against blacks remains a relatively powerful force within American society.”

Probably have to decide between Troy Brown & Dennis with the TPMLE.
No way Troy is getting the TPMLE. He's been solid for the minimum. If he's gonna be brought back, he can just re-sign for 120% of the minimum (non-Bird) then they can have his Early Bird rights in 2024.

Frankly, signing Schroder for the entire TMLE is an overpay (given his market the last two seasons), but at least bringing him back would mean you have 48 minutes of competent point guard play and gives you more salary ballast for a trade if need be.

Last edited:

1. A wing who is a + defender and can knock down open shots
2. A backup Center
3. A backup PG who is competent

As far as the wing I genuinely think Max Christie can be a rotational player ona good team by next year. I'm so glad they didn't just make him a toss in. Also I wouldn't mind bringing TBJ back on a small contract if available

9y8aylvfbuia1.jpg

TBJ had a mini-slump earlier in the year,but has been rock solid since.Kinda reminds me of Trevor Ariza a lil bit

Back
Top Bottom