**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The way I feel about Beasley coming to the Lakers is much like how I felt when the Lakers traded Eddie and Elden to get Glen Rice and his much needed 3 point shooting

Alright since the game was over, I was able to quickly do what I saw for offseason stuff.

My guess is the Lakers will look good the rest of the way. How far they go, I’m unsure. But there’s too much talent for them to go .500 or under the rest of the way.
Combine the cost it would take to get Kyrie (having to let quality guys walk to stay under hard cap, and having to trade assets that they cannot replace. It likely does not happen).

My guess, the top end of the rotation for 2023-24
DLo 4 year/ $110-125mil
Beasley $16.5mil
Vando $4.6mil
LeBron $46.9mil
AD $40.6mil

From there, you want to get 6-7 guys, whether it’s
1. A new starting 2 and 3 with LBJ at the 4, and 3 guys in the regular rotation off the bench, and 2 end of the bench depth guys.
2. Or 5 guys for the bench and 2 end of the bench depth pieces.

Here’s where it gets interesting:
-Mo Bamba has $10.3mil non-guaranteed. They will pick it up.
-Reaves is a RFA with early bird rights. Let’s say $9-12mil.
-Rui is a RFA with a QO at $8.496mil. Let’s say $10mil

Lakers own the non-bird rights for Lonnie. They could re-sign him for 120% of his current salary, which is $7.7mil. Lonnie may want to go to another team for a bigger role. Certainly possible. But the Lakers could offer him $7.7mil, and he may take it if it blows other offers out of the water.

They also have Davon Reed for $2mil
Max Christie for $1.719mil

Where they likely lose out if Troy Brown Jr., who they could retain, but only if he’s under $2.2mil (I doubt it). Weyen Gabriel if he’s under $2.2mil, and Schroder if he’s under $2.2mil. Weyen they could probably retain (no reason), but Troy and Dennis will get more than that.

Lakers also have the ability to add through whatever exception they have, the 2023-1st and 2023-2nd, and vet minimums.

Here’s where I’m going. Lakers have 5 spots guaranteed in DLo, Beasley, LeBron, Vando & AD.

And could have $40mil in salaries to trade out come January. There's an ability to keep 80% of a pretty good depth team, and add to it through the draft and exception. Then could do things to still make a big move next year without sacrificing the top half of the rotation.

Screenshot_20230223_221014_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20230216_001442_Twitter.jpg

One real shooter man and it helps so much
Beas is awesome and he’s also like top 10 in 3pm for the season

Also reaves needs more pt
Winning player lol

Hope Dlo okay tho

Back
Top Bottom