**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

3 biggest Wildcards for me this season

1) Rui, he was a lottery pick for a reason & the advancements & confidence he showed in his first playoffs really spoke volumes, add that to him training with Bron all summer & sky is the limit
2) Max, Another under the radar guy who can become a good 3 & D wing on a team that may struggle from time to time guarding more athletic guards/wings
3) Vando, If he is even passable shooting the corner three/Making plays off the catch It's almost impossible to not play him 25 mpg giving us one of the most versatile locks in the league.

Most excited i've been for a season in a minute

Lebron dedicated the season to Bronny, prolly means Lakers going to win the title.

We dont even need Kyrie when you got a Lebron gurantee!

💬 Horace Grant on MJ and Kobe:
"In terms of pure competitiveness, it’s Jordan 1A and Kobe 1B. I played with both guys and I can tell you that for certain.

You know when the captains go to centre court with the referees before a game, and everybody shakes hands for the cameras?

MJ would look you right in the eye when he was shaking your hand. Sometimes he would even smile. But while you were smiling, MJ would be thinking about how he’s going to put his foot on your neck. He was diabolical like that.

Kobe was different. He would come right up to you during the handshake and tell you he didn’t like you and that he was going to destroy you. Seriously, he wouldn’t just say it in the pregame, he would say it in the heat of battle.

He didn’t care who you were. He’d say, 'I can’t believe they’re putting you on me. Are you serious? You think you can guard me?' And he wasn’t joking. He meant it. And the defender knew he meant it. That’s the difference. He would plant that seed of doubt in their mind. And when you had that seed of doubt against Kobe, it was over."

:smokin

My Media Day takeaway :lol:

When Bron, DLo, and AR run the PNR with JH.... 🔥

with AD on the weakside attacking the offensive boards or wide open for a spot up 3 🔥🔥

AD been working on his outside shooting all summer too. 🔥🔥🔥

Darvin STILL talking about three guard lineups man..... HOW

if it makes it any better he also mentioned a possible giant lineup with :lol:

Darvin STILL talking about three guard lineups man..... HOW

if it makes it any better he also mentioned a possible giant lineup with :lol:
There’s nothing wrong with 3 guard lineups… especially since this year the shortest guard on the roster is Vincent who’s like what 6’3? This team has the ability to play traditional, big and small lineups..and that’s a good thing. Now when/how you use those lineups is important, hopefully that is something we’ll see better utilized this season.

There’s nothing wrong with 3 guard lineups… especially since this year the shortest guard on the roster is Vincent who’s like what 6’3? This team has the ability to play traditional, big and small lineups..and that’s a good thing. Now when/how you use those lineups is important, hopefully that is something we’ll see better utilized this season.

IDK man we have too much wing depth who are versatile to really have to ever put out a 3 guard lineup, I'm hoping they go back to 2020 mode where it was simply bully ball with two of the biggest mismatches in NBA history on the squad.

I'm legit looking for a Extra sized lineup of AR, Bron, Rui, AD, Wood at certain points (mix & match Cam & Prince in some variation) I think thats something we can definitely take advantage of against lesser lineups

Please make a new thread.

It's only fair. The other's got locked, and are now going to be starting over. Somehow this one got overlooked.

Besides, we will most likely be deciding on a number of pages the threads will be allowed to reach before being locked, and if that number were 50 (for example), you guys would already be almost half way there.
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​
I suppose this [policy] is ded in 2023 lol

Look at your boy Dubious nowadays. Shining like multimillion bucks.

IDK man we have too much wing depth who are versatile to really have to ever put out a 3 guard lineup, I'm hoping they go back to 2020 mode where it was simply bully ball with two of the biggest mismatches in NBA history on the squad.

I'm legit looking for a Extra sized lineup of AR, Bron, Rui, AD, Wood at certain points (mix & match Cam & Prince in some variation) I think thats something we can definitely take advantage of against lesser lineups
Eh

It all depends on the opponent, against some traditional and obviously smaller lineups it will be fine. Surrounding Lebron will ball handlers and shooting will ramp of the offense but with an obvious tradeoff on the defensive end.

No one is saying play small lineups 10-20 minutes a game, it’s just a different card to play based on how a game is playing out.

The Lakers know about my $3K bet with BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE so they're gonna drag this out, keep everyone in suspense, and make everyone guess all season long as to who is the fifth starter each and every game :lol:

Back
Top Bottom