**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If Lakers looking to trade for a third star like Derozan, Lavine, Trae, or Kyrie, DLo and Rui are almost shoo-ins to be the ones included in the package.

Additionally if Lakers' record is hovering around .500 or below, it's almost a guarantee imo they will trade Rui and DLo, who are their two most tradeable assets with value.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

There's so much mocking and responding to what OTHERS suggest.

What would YOU do?

"3-big lineups is a stupid suggestion."
What would YOU do?

"Welp, so much for having 7 guards on the floor at the same time."
What would YOU do?

"Hands in pockets!!!"
What would YOU do?

"Who tf said trADe?! That's hilarious."
What would YOU do?

Me personally, I've said for a couple years that we don't really have an identity.
Like Golden State is a 3 point shooting team; everyone knows that.
The Kings are fast af.

What's our identity?

Well, we do have an identity. When teams face the Lakers, what do they know they're going to get? They know that they are going to get however many rebounds they want, and they know that there is no point in defending whatever Laker is standing outside the arc.

The few times this season when we have clawed our way back to impressive wins, it has been with defense & penetration.

I would focus on spreading the floor to create more and more and more dribble-drives, and REALLY increase a focus on defensive rotations, assignments, and especially intensity. I think that's how our roster is built anyways.

They should go get Zach, I've seen enough. He not scared and on nights when AD can't play/decides not to show on offense he's a lock 2nd scorer. When he's really going off he can be the 1st scorer and Bron can chill and play Point.

They should go get Zach, I've seen enough. He not scared and on nights when AD can't play/decides not to show on offense he's a lock 2nd scorer. When he's really going off he can be the 1st scorer and Bron can chill and play Point.
If you were making phone calls for Lavine starting today, who are your protected Lakers?

It's really wild how bad the shooting has been since Bron got there. But as long as you have Bron/AD, you will have rim pressure and interior defense. That alone will get you playoffs. You need 3-8 to get you over the top.

I've been saying it since the summer. A consolidation trade is coming by the deadline. Too many moving parts and overlap, especially with their wings.

If you were making phone calls for Lavine starting today, who are your protected Lakers?

Same as Kyrie.

Bron and AD. >D

I’m not ready to go into trade machine mode after 8 games, but I will say that Austin definitely is not untouchable in any trade discussions.

As far as changes, I think the offense that the Lakers are running in general has been generating good looks… at least from the outside. What I would like to see more of is a hierarchy established… the offense revolves around AD and Lebron, not the others.

Biggest change I’d probably make would be DLo off the bench, Prince at the 2, AD/Bron in the frontcourt then depending on opponent Vando or Wood.

they’ll be okay.

But another Point of Attack defender that they could mix and match in lineups with the current top 7 would be nice.

Because whether I am crazy about Gabe or not. He is a scrapper. And if you don’t have Vando. And you don’t have Gabe is rough. No matter what else is going on.

8 Games

AD already missing time
Vando, Gabe and Hayes missing multiple games...

What is out training staff doing? How do we go from AD saying he is fine to him probably missing 2 games straight?

Hopefully this team gets healthy and we can see what maybe they are supposed to look like at full strength....

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

I'm willing to be patient a couple more weeks.

Get AD back.
Get Vando back.
Get Vincent back.

(Rui looked really good his first game back)

Give the full roster a couple games to remember who they were last year.

This is likely the final legit run Bron has. This year, this team. We have to have it.

If it's off the rails around Christmas, I'm selling AD for whatever I can get. If there's hope around Christmas/New Year's, then I'm willing to let Rob try to make one more move for this season.

And then in the off-season I'm making huge moves. 50-60 mil a year for four more years of Always Dressed in street clothes is not what I want. If Bron wants one final retirement tour year, fine, if he decides he wants/needs out too, then accommodate him. (Jeanie won't cuz, money, but he's gonna be 40 years old, she won't be about winning, she'll be being about business.......while paying AD a ton of friggin money to be questionable every game, go figure)

Get younger, faster, and more shooting. Clear salaries and try to start rebuilding in 2025-26.

I gave two options. Depending on how we look around the Holidays, we go all in one last ride, or we sell the farm thru the trade deadline. It's up to the players and Ham which route we take.

i hope when the team is healthy they bench one of DLo or AR and have prince at the 2 and rui/vando/wood out there depending on the matchup. maintain what little spacing they have but better defense and rebounding.
i do think the lakers need someone to put pressure at the rim that isn't lebron but don't know who that would be/who is available.

i hope when the team is healthy they bench one of DLo or AR and have prince at the 2 and rui/vando/wood out there depending on the matchup. maintain what little spacing they have but better defense and rebounding.
i do think the lakers need someone to put pressure at the rim that isn't lebron but don't know who that would be/who is available.
Brogdon or DeRozan.

We playing the Suns tonight right?

And we beat the Suns by closing the game with Gabe, AR, Bron, AD, and Wood right?

Screenshot_20231110_122817_YouTube.jpg

We know Gabe is out for 2 weeks.

So if Darvin had an actual brain, one would think he'd start and close with AR, Prince, Bron, AD, and Wood tonight, right?

Wrong.

I bet Dum Dum Darvin will continue starting a 1-Big lineup, watch.

If we Lose tonight and if Ham starts and closes with a 1-Big lineup, y'all already know why we lost.

I'm on the #FireDarvin train.

We're 3-5 now, if we go 3-7 our first 10 games, former champion head coach Mike Budenholzer is still available and we already know Budenholzer loves Big lineups.

#WhatWouldYouDo?

Last edited:
This is the coaching staff of our sorry xxx underachieving team :lol:
Screenshot_20231110_124646_Google.jpg

Phil the ONLY one who comes in Handy.

Everybody else on that list can go.

Back
Top Bottom